July 2002 Tracker

Re: address sending document from INS.

Originally posted by tmp
Hi Bangaloreboy,

In my case, I received EDA and FP notice directly to my address. and AP document is sent to the law firm, then they sent it to me.
The law firm also got FP notice and sent it to me, too.
Although they said my FP date is 9/21, 1pm though, actual FP notice which I got from them says 9/17, 10AM as same as mine.
The law firm always make me annoyed....

When I compared my FP notice and the other one which the Law Firm Got, mine says "Applicant Copy" at right bottm of document, another one says Representative Copy". That's the only difference.

Anyway, I don't understand how INS distinguish to send document to applicant or representative for EDA, AP... very strange to me...

Your FP notice which you got from the law firm says "Applicant Copy" or another?
If it's "Repre....", you should have received "Applicant Copy" FP notice.... If it's "Appli...", your address in I-485 related documentation is attorny's address. And you had better to correct your doc. in INS.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,
Tmp

ag28/tmp,

1. We carried my EAD card+passport for FP. My wife used EAD and I used my passport. I did not get advise for change of
address whereas my wife received advise from the lady who took my wife FP.

2. I did not observe that closely whether Applicant Copy or whatever. My attorney sent me the original FP notice. I dont
think my attorney received both copies (Attorney and Applicant
copies).

I will call INS and verify the addresses soon.

Thank you
b'loreboy

Hi ag28,
I had my FP on 10 Sept at Newark,NJ. It went smoothly, all the officers were very nice and whole process is very fast, It was all done in an hour.
All they asked me was my copy of FP (Original) notice and and ID (carry Passport,Driver Lic.,EAD with you). My wife's FP was done electronically and I was FPed on Paper.
The Msg on AVM for me has not changed but for my wife's case it say "Received FP on Sept 12 ..... Under review".

Good Luck.

My fingerprinting went smoothly also. I asked if I had to do anything after the process and he assured me that the fingerprints were sent electronically to get cleared by the FBI.

I have seen many references to AVM. I am guessing it stands for automatic voice mail or something like that and that it is an automated line where you can check the status of your case. Please can someone elaborate and post the number? I would like to make sure that my fps have been received/processed. They were taken back in August.

Thanks.

My Finger printing Experience

Hey Guys,
I just finished my finger printing today Sept 19th..Everything wnet on fine..>It just took 15 minutes to complete the whole process...There were hardly anybody in the INS office...

I hope everything goes on fine till AD.

Good luck to everybody !

Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

My 485 details are as follows

RD July 2, 2002
ND July 5, 2002

EAC# : 02 -233-xxxxx

EAD and AP received in 2 weeks

FP done on Aug 29th 2002

Filing State: PA (philadelphia)

thanks

S. King

AVM Updated

Guys,
I checked the AVM ...,my finger printing has been received by INS and process has been resumed...

Good luck to all you guys

Ben

Now Case Status in online !!

Hey Guys,
Just came to know that the Case Status can be Checked online
URL as below:

https://egov.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/caseRes.jsp

No more busy tone on the phone !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Friends,
I have done my FP at Newark NJ on 10 Sept, it was done manually i.e on paper but the AVM doesn't say anything about FP result received etc.......
Any Body knows how long it takes for FP to reach INS under such situation.

about 4-7 days

Hi texy
i did the FP on sep 20 and on the 27th, avm said that FP received and process resumed. on the internet, it said that "FP received NON IDENT" and process resumed. I dont know what they mean by the above though my best guess is that since we had never had FP before, we were not in the database and hence not identified and everything is considered normal.
anyone supporting this theory :confused:

Hi ag28,
But my AVM is not at all updated, also I called FBI today and they said that they have not received from INS , any guess what the problem would be? Also
were U Fped manually or electronically? Any idea how long it takes if FPed manually?

done electronically

in MD. I do not know why it is taking long for you. Might be because of the paper reason (not done electronically).
wish you the best but might want to check where FP was done.

EB3/VSC
RD : 07/08/02
ND : 07/12/02
EAD : 7/21/02
AP : 7/25/02
FP DONE : 08/29/02
Current Status : FP results received. Processing Resumed.

anyone transferred to local INS

I guess most July filers would have FP done in Aug and since it is 2 months after FP some...especially those from MD, NY, PA might have been transferred :confused: to local offices. Has this happened ?

Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally my FP results were received by INS on OCT 15 (FP done manually at Newark,NJ on sept 10) and processing resumed.

Now the Final Count Down begins.

Hey ! Guys

Hey Guys !!.
How is everybody doing ...?

All of us are waiting patiently for our turn ..... I hope VSC would proces our cases fast.... looking at the trend ... I guess its taking 12 to 13 months.....

Good Luck to all of us !!

I am being optimistic and hoping for May approval. You have to think positive :)

Texy, glad you got your fingerprints sorted out. The countdown begins....

Hi Guys,

Any new updates for July filers ?, Please keep posting ...
Lets help each other here.

:speedking

Nothing yet!

Hey Guys !! nothing Yet...

Looks like its taking more than a year for 485 processing,,, i might speed up in the 2QTR.

Good luck !

Keep In touch !!

Hey ! Guys just keeping the tread alive

Hey Guys,
Anynews yet....any updates....please post

Good luck

EADs

Hey July guys,

I have a question regarding EAD renewals. My H1-B expires in September, 2003 and my EAD expires close to the same time. Since we are now looking at longer I-485 processing times, when are you guys going to start the EAD renewal process? Just curious as to how long it takes, and when one should start the renewal process. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Scotgirl