July 2002 Tracker

Any Updates!

Hey Guys,
Any updates...looks like the Nov 2001 485 are being processed now....... !!
Just heard that my friend with Nov 1st RD just recieved his GC approval... looks like VSC is creeping into Nov month

Hopefully everything would move fast.

Good Luck !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeping us on top

Frankly, I am tired of just twiddling my thumbs. For a period I had even stopped checking the case status. I am now kicking my a*** for filing 485 when my 140 was already approved for CP. The only good part...I have the July 2002 filers to give me company..Hope we get to see the silver lining soon. Good luck.

Hi Friends,

I am sure most of the July 2002 filers should have a EAD expiring in AUG 03, Looking at the the Speed BCIS is proccesing the applications, IS it the time for us to file EAD Renewal ?

I am planning to do the renewals by myself (and save some money), If any body over here is interested in doing renewal by ourself please get together here and lets help each other.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :

Hi Texy

My EAD expires September and my lawyer sent paperwork this week for the renewal. More photos etc so I probably won't get it done before the end of the week. Glad it's going on though.

To think that last year, going by the processing times, I hoped EAD renewal would be unnecessary! Oh well.... :)

I've already applied for EAD extension for me and my wife with my attorney. INS is taking about 90 days for EAD renewals, so I would start NOW so you have enough time to get the paperwork done.

EAD Renewal

Yes ! Thats true..EAD renewal is taking a good 90 days...My lawyer too would be sending my paper work for renewal.
Also would be adding my wife into the 485 process.

Will keep you guys posted.

Till then ...hang on guys!

ben

Need urgent Help

Friends need some of ur valuable time to read this,

Am July'2002 485 filer and need help about the query I got from INS:

We got our AP,EAD in october and we went to India and came back on PAROLE status at the port of entry. After entring my emplyer filed for H1 and H4 extension for myself and my wife.

We got the query for H4 extension saying:

1.Submit evidence to establish that you have a residence abroad to which you intend to return.
2.Please submit a legible photocopy of the personal data pages of your passport, the visa on which you last entered the United States, and the latest United States admission stamp in your passport.
3.Submit a statement in which you describe your intension concerning departure from United States.
4.Submit evidence that shows that you are in possession of a return transportation ticket, which identifies your exact departure date, in order to secure your departure from the United States. A ticket showing a prior flight not taken or an open ticket WILL NOT establish your intent to departure the United States.

and then by error or with someother reason INS approved my H1 visa, this contradicts as Parolee Status, as we enterd at Port of entry showing my AP.

We want to respond to the INS saying we want to stay on Parolee status .

Please help us with your valuable suggestions and comments.

Thanks in advance.

kaski123,
Had you and spouse already switched to EAD when you went to India? If you were on H1/H4 at the time with a valid entry visa in your passport, you should not have used your parole visa.
The fact that your employer filed for an H1/H4 extension for you seems to tell me that you never really exercised your EAD for employment which would mean that your status should still be H1/H4.
I would recommend you talk with your immigration attorney before responding to INS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Friends need some of ur valuable time to read this,

Am July'2002 485 filer and need help about the query I got from INS:

We got our AP,EAD in october and we went to India and came back on PAROLE status at the port of entry. After entring my emplyer filed for H1 and H4 extension for myself and my wife.

We got the query for H4 extension saying:

1.Submit evidence to establish that you have a residence abroad to which you intend to return.
2.Please submit a legible photocopy of the personal data pages of your passport, the visa on which you last entered the United States, and the latest United States admission stamp in your passport.
3.Submit a statement in which you describe your intension concerning departure from United States.
4.Submit evidence that shows that you are in possession of a return transportation ticket, which identifies your exact departure date, in order to secure your departure from the United States. A ticket showing a prior flight not taken or an open ticket WILL NOT establish your intent to departure the United States.

and then by error or with someother reason INS approved my H1 visa, this contradicts as Parolee Status, as we enterd at Port of entry showing my AP.

We want to respond to the INS saying we want to stay on Parolee status .

Please help us with your valuable suggestions and comments.

Thanks in advance.

Hi kingofmycastle,

I really appreciate your valuable suggestion and time

actually, we didn't switched to EAD when we went to INDIA and when we enter on Parolee we assumed that we are on
Parolee status, but my employer unknowingly applied for H1&H4 visa extension.Now I contacted my attorney and
she saying she will respond to INS saying we want to stay on Parolee status until GC got processed.
You believe it or not they approved my H1 visa which shouldn't be happen and send query for my wife.

Thnak You,
Kaski123

I'm still confused as to why you used your parole visa to re-enter the US if you were still on H1/H4 when you left for India. A Parole visa is only used if the person(s) entering the country are on EAD.
In any case, good luck with the process.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi kingofmycastle,

I really appreciate your valuable suggestion and time

actually, we didn't switched to EAD when we went to INDIA and when we enter on Parolee we assumed that we are on
Parolee status, but my employer unknowingly applied for H1&H4 visa extension.Now I contacted my attorney and
she saying she will respond to INS saying we want to stay on Parolee status until GC got processed.
You believe it or not they approved my H1 visa which shouldn't be happen and send query for my wife.

Thnak You,
Kaski123

not necessary

you could be on H1 status (visa not yet stamped) ..in which case you have to use AP even though you have not used EAD.

and my fellow July filers..
whats happening..any news...any transfers...
for me, its just YAWN, yawn and yawn .

Hi July filers,

Anybody wants to hazard a guess on when we will get the 485 Approval. Right now they are processing 11/15/01, so does 8 months from now, that is dec 2003 look like a reasonable guess ?Frankly I am tired of waiting for this *@#*#@ thing...just hanging in there..............

Speedking

I-485 - Hope!

Guys,
A bit confused. Even though officially they're approving upto Nov 15, 2003, but I saw a bunch of cases being approved as late as Dec 20, 2003. In fact I even saw one all the way down to Jan 28, 2003. The cases I'm talking about are all work based, not family based. Now question is are these entries right or they've just mistaken their RD-s? Then again, how many people would make the same mistake !?

Please check www.rupnet.com, a great I485 tracking site. gives some hope, I guess, or whatever that is...
:eek:

Just applied for EAD Renewal

Hey guys, I just applied for my EAD and Advance Parole extension..... Any idea how long this process is currently taking....

Anybody applied for the extension... ?

Hi Ben,
I have a Question regarding form 765, What did you fill in column
#14 (Manner of Last entry)
#15 (Current status)

Have you used your EAD or still on H1?

I applied for an EAD renewal recently.
RD - April 2nd
ND - April 4th.
I got the receipt within 2 weeks.
We should be getting it within 60 to 90 days according to the EAC receipt.

My 485 details are as follows.

RD - July 02 2002
ND - July 05 2002
EB3 -NJ

Thanks

speedking

EAD renewal takes about 30 days

i got it in 30 days. although wife received before i did.
i wrote adjustee in the status. for expiration of stay..my lawyer asked me to write the date that my H1 ends. anyone transferred to local office.:confused: