July 2002 Tracker

Hey Texy,

Hey Texy,
I got the EAd receipt first and then after two weeks I got the Original EAD card with you Pic on it.

Well I think if you are really not going to use the EAD card for work..then you need'nt have to worry much about it....now that you have got the FP schedule that is a good sign .....

Dont worry...>!you will have it in the mail soon..

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
My I-485 case.

Hi,

Here is my case...

RIR / EAC# 02-248-xxxxx

PD 03/24/2001
MD 07/19/2002
RD 07/23/2002 (Received reciept notice on 8/8)
EAD 08/02/2002 (Received card on 08/05)
AP 08/08/2002 (Received AP document on 8/14)
FP Waiting for receive notice....

It took about 11 months to get LC approval, took 2.5 mo to get I-140 approval and took 2 wks to get EAD/AP approval.
Now I'm desparately waiting for FP notice!!

Thanks,
Tmp

Where does INS send FP notice?

I have question.

The I-485/EAD/AP application receipt notice were delivered to the lawyer's office. and I got EAD card to my home address directly though, AP document was sent to the law firm. Then the law firm sent it to me. So...I'm getting confused. How about FP notice? Does INS send it to the law firm, too? Does anybody have any idea? Someone in this thread said EAC# is different between I-485 and EAD. Is that true? Since I only know EAD case number, I checked AVM with it and it sayd EAD is approved and the card will be sent within 60-90 days. If there is different case number for I-485, do I need to check this number in order to get FP notice information???

Thanks,
tmp

Hi Tmp,
The EAD and 485 receipt number are different, you can use your 485 number to check for FP status .The AVM would say "On xx day A notice for finger print recording has been send .........".
The FP notice is send to you and copy is also send to the lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
FP notice received

Heard the message that FP notice has been sent.

LC - Aug 21st 2001
I-140 - Mar 7th 2002 (EB2-RIR @ Tx Service Center)
I-485 - RD - July 19th 2002 (@Vermont)
I-485 - ND - July 25th 2002 (@Vermont)
FP Notice - 21st Aug 2002
Case # - EAC-02-248-5*****

FYI, my case is a conversion from CP to AOS.

So that beats the theory that FP for conversion cases will be delayed.

Keep you posted on the exact date of FP.

Surya

FP notice finally

Finally heard on Avm that the FP notice has been requested. I still think that my CP to Aos made the extra delay. Otherwise what would explain the time lag since my 485 was filed in the 1st week of july (ND being also in the same week). Anyway....finally can look forward to resumption of the case. sorry guys to whom i bothered because of this delay in FP :D

Hey !

Hey age28,
I dont know if the delay is bcos of ur Cp to AOS conversion....
I am still waiting for the FP notice...and I have been in AOS from the begiining....

I think I should hear from them soon....!!

Anyway Congrats to you on ur FP Schedule!!

Good luck

Ben

Hi ag28,
Congrats for FP, so now you can have peace of mind :)
I have a concern my EAD is approved as per AVM on AUG 06. I have not yet received the card. Though I am not planning to use EAD, I am confused about the delay.
Also since I have received my FP notice I guess INS have my correct address.

Thank you ben12 and texy

What I have seen from the various posts is that EAD/AP/FP do not always follow in that order. Also the time lag between approval and actual receipt of the letter varies quite a lot. So the only recourse we have is to patiently wait and get moral support/advice from this forum.
All of you have a nice weekend.:)

Heard FP Notice on AVM!

I got EAC case number from the law firm and tried to call AVM.
Then, I got msg INS sent FP notice on 8/21!! Now, I'm relieved a bit before weekend...

My I-485 case is :

RIR / EAC# 02-248-xxxxx

PD 03/24/2001
MD 07/19/2002
FP Notice was sent on 8/21 by INS. (Waiting for receive notice.)

Have a nice weekend,
Tmp

Got My FP Notice

Hey guys,
Finally I received my FP Notice today ///
Its Scheduled For Sep 19th 2002.

Good Luck to all you guys who are waiting...Should be comming soon !!

Ben

Received FP notice!

Hi,

I received FP notice on yesterday, 8/23(Fri.), too as same as Ben12.

My I-485 case is :

RIR / EAC# 02-248-xxxxx

PD 03/24/2001
MD 07/19/2002
FP 09/17/02 (Notice was sent on 8/21 by INS, Received Notice on 8/23.)

Hope waiting poeple will get soon, too!!

Thanks,
Tmp

2 different FP notice.

Hi,

I received email from the law firm and it says they received my FP notice and they would like to send it to me.
Also it says FP date is 9/21, 1pm.

But I received FP notice 2 weeks ago directly from INS and it says 9/17, 10AM.

Are there anybody who has same situation???

I replied to the law firm and asked it this notice is really mine or not, and why mine and their notice has different FP date....but there is no response so far.

Thanks,
Tmp

Its Strange

Hey Tmp,
Its a strange situation...Usually FP orig is sent to you and just a copy to the attorney...
Well just have a look at the Attorney's FP notice...may its a mistake....
Look at it and then decide !

Ben

Address

Here is a small story of my experience with INS:

INS sent my FP notice to my attorney address whereas EADs
directly came to my home address. When I went to INS for
FP on Aug-21, they advised me to change my address to my
current home address. I am sure I have mentioned my current
home address in 485 application. I don't why INS sent FP notice
to my attorney (no copy to my home address). Any clues. Is
it required for me to goto INS and request change of address
even though there is no need for such request?

RD: 06/26/2002, ND: 07/01, FP ND: 07/18, FP done: 08/21, EAD:
08/06

Maybe..you can call and get everything checked

did they ask for any documents in particular....what documents are usually required. did you take anything other than what they asked for.
Thank you

address sending document from INS.

Hi Bangaloreboy,

In my case, I received EDA and FP notice directly to my address. and AP document is sent to the law firm, then they sent it to me.
The law firm also got FP notice and sent it to me, too.
Although they said my FP date is 9/21, 1pm though, actual FP notice which I got from them says 9/17, 10AM as same as mine.
The law firm always make me annoyed....

When I compared my FP notice and the other one which the Law Firm Got, mine says "Applicant Copy" at right bottm of document, another one says Representative Copy". That's the only difference.

Anyway, I don't understand how INS distinguish to send document to applicant or representative for EDA, AP... very strange to me...

Your FP notice which you got from the law firm says "Applicant Copy" or another?
If it's "Repre....", you should have received "Applicant Copy" FP notice.... If it's "Appli...", your address in I-485 related documentation is attorny's address. And you had better to correct your doc. in INS.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,
Tmp

Good Luck to all FPers

I guess this week is when most of us have FP scheduled. maybe some had it last week also. Good luck to those who will be going in and those who already have done so..please post your experience and if the officers let you in as to when the probable ID/time frame for approval would be and what docs did they ask for.:)