July 2002 Tracker

Hi mouse,
I filed in JulY(ND 12, RD 13 JUL 2002) and got receipt on 22 JULY and got EAD approved on 6 AUG (yet to receive card) as opposed to others who filed with me and got EAD approved in last week of JULY. So I guess it just matter of luck so don't worry your recipt and EAD should be just around the corner.

Hello All,

I am waiting for my I140 case approval.
EB2, RIR, I-140 - RD: 4/24 AD:???

lastweek (8/2/2002) friday we shipped I485 application. could anyone tell me about the steps involved in I485 and howmuch time it takes.
I saw some earlier postings like,

MD, AD,FD, ND, RD, AD, FP etc etc whats that? could anyone
pls abbreviate those?

thanks in advance

Texy, thanks for the reply. It's just taking too long to get the receipt notice that is unusual :(, hopefully I will get it soon.

Re Dial3525

MD, AD,FD, ND, RD, AD, FP etc etc whats that? could anyone

MD-Mailing Date
AD-Approve Date
FD-I don't know and I don't think there is any FD
ND-Notice Date
RD-Receipt Date
EAD-Employment Authorization Card (which allows you work in USA legally while waiting for your GC)
AP-Advanced Parole (which allows you re-enter USA without any non-immigrant visa)
FP-Finger Printer

Hope it helps and Good Luch for both your I-140 and I-485
:)

Hi friends,

I Just checked the AVM and it says " on Aug 8 2002 finger print notice was send ........". I will let you know the details as soon as I receive the notice.

RD - JUL 12 2002
ND - JUL 13 2002
EAD - AUG 06 2002 (according to AVM , yet to receive card)
FP - AUG 08 2002 (according to AVM , yet to receive notice)
EB2 - RIR
NJ - IND

EB2 NJ

EAC-02-244-5xxxx

I485/EAD

PD - 18-Jul-2002
EAD card received on 05-Aug-2002
FP - scheduled on 10-Sep-2002

Last edited by a moderator:
FP delay :-(

Hi all
I received my EAD/AP but there is nothing about the FP. I guess this has something to the I140 being approved for CP and then I filed i485. I also contacted the NVC automated line and it says that they know of my intent to adjust status and will hold info till ins requests it from them. Does this mean that the ins hasn't yet requested for my info from NVC. Has anyone ever been in the same boat.:confused:
This might be the reason why people have recievd FP notices while I haven't.

tax forms

folks,

one important question.

I have just applied for I485. RD is 8/2/2002. I have sent my last year's tax forms only.

If I want to make an addendem for the 2001's tax can i do that? or will it lead into any problem? any procedure?

thanks

I called INS and found out that my case was received on 8/1/2002 :-(.
One question, AVM says "Your I485 was received on 8/6/2002...", does that mean 8/6/2002 is the ND of my case?

Thanks!

Re: FP delay :-(

Originally posted by ag28
Hi all
I received my EAD/AP but there is nothing about the FP. I guess this has something to the I140 being approved for CP and then I filed i485. I also contacted the NVC automated line and it says that they know of my intent to adjust status and will hold info till ins requests it from them. Does this mean that the ins hasn't yet requested for my info from NVC. Has anyone ever been in the same boat.:confused:
This might be the reason why people have recievd FP notices while I haven't.

Hi Ag28,
Even my case is similar to yours, my EAD approval took some extra time (24 days from ND) SO I was worried as I thought it might be because of 140/CP-AOS thing but I got my FP notice on saturday i.e 10 AUG. So I guess you should be getting your notice in a week or two.

Thanks texy.. Gives me hope

but did you notify NVC. Also did you enter your 485 receipt no and check on AVM about the status of FP. I guess I was among the first in the July batch and probably the last to get FP whenever it comes :(

Hi ag28,
I did not inform NVC, when I brought to my lawyer's notice about this CP- AOS mess up for 140 . He said its normal and we don't have to do anything, INS does this mistake on most of the occsasions and it won't have any serious effect on AOS.
And I went with the lawyers advice.
You should get your FP in this week. Also I think FP depends on which state you have applied from as you can see most of filer from NJ got their notices, Which state did u file from?

Originally posted by Texy
Hi ag28,
I did not inform NVC, when I brought to my lawyer's notice about this CP- AOS mess up for 140 . He said its normal and we don't have to do anything, INS does this mistake on most of the occsasions and it won't have any serious effect on AOS.
And I went with the lawyers advice.
You should get your FP in this week. Also I think FP depends on which state you have applied from as you can see most of filer from NJ got their notices, Which state did u file from?

I filed from MD.

FP scheduled

Received FP notice and my date is 9/10.

One question: does it make any difference in terms of processing speed by trying to get FP done ahead of schedule? I think it may not speed up the whole process at all because it really only depends on ND, am I right?

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------
NJ, EB3
EAC-02-242-XXXX
RD: 7/16/02
ND: 7/17/02
EAD: approved 7/25/02 (Card received)
AP: approved 7/29/02 (papers received)
FP: Scheduled on 9/10

Finally Got my 485 Info

Hey Guys,
Finally I have all my 485 info..

EB3 - RIR
NY - IND
EAC-02-249-5XXXX
MD - JUL 18 2002
RD - JUL 23 2002
ND - JUL 26 2002
EAD - AUG 08 2002 (received card) :)
AP - AUG 08 2002 :)
FP - (yet to receive notice/schedule)
AD - Sometime Next year I guess !!! :( :p

Will keep you guys posted on any further info...

Good luck to all you guys

Bye!!

Ben

Last edited by a moderator: