IR5 entry from India for parents

The admitted until date is not relevant. Not sure why they even wrote dates on. The temp i551 notation is the important one - that visa is now your temporary green card valid for a year for you to use until the plastic one arrives.
thanks

We reached US today basically NEWARK
No hassle either in checkin or immigration please have your rtpcr report pre loaded on the airline ticket
Usually a secondary screening may be required,no extra documents required be prepared to wait for an extra hour depending on the no of people
We flew UNITED directly from Mumbai excellent service in Polaris
What is Rtpcr preloaded on tickets?
No hassle either in checkin or immigration please have your rtpcr report pre loaded on the airline ticket
Usually a secondary screening may be required,no extra documents required be prepared to wait for an extra hour depending on the no of people
We flew UNITED directly from Mumbai excellent service in Polaris class
How to upload the covid test result before travel ? Does it matter where you do the COVID test ..do airlines have specific list of labs where the test is done?

We flew UNITED directly from Mumbai excellent service in Polaris class
Have you received your Social Security Number?

ok, so not much you can do to follow up until after 90 days.
I would try check with SS office that they have received the info for the SS cards, ir's quite long to wait for that. Sometimes the "trigger" for the SS card is not made successfully when immigrating.

There was an update on our case status - it now says Card was produced. (Entry date in USA - Aug 7th).

Should we expect Green card and SSN in the same mail? or do they come separately?

There was an update on our case status - it now says Card was produced. (Entry date in USA - Aug 7th).

Should we expect Green card and SSN in the same mail? or do they come separately?
They come separately. Green card comes from uscis, SS card comes from the SSA.

Can anybody suggest how long it takes for the greencard/social security number to arrive since arrival.Also, does the time differ of State to State and if so, what is the expected time of arrival in the state of Illinois specifically?

Mission complete
Landed at Orlando FL .Travelled by Emirates.No problem in checking,security or at immigration.everything was smooth.Thanks to this group for sharing the experience and updates.Got courage to take appointment without letter from consulate and every third went on smoothly without any problem.Best of luck to all group members.

Mission complete
Landed at Orlando FL .Travelled by Emirates.No problem in checking,security or at immigration.everything was smooth.Thanks to this group for sharing the experience and updates.Got courage to take appointment without letter from consulate and every third went on smoothly without any problem.Best of luck to all group members.
Congratulations. Apart from the sealed packet, what else did you carry to potentially show to the CBP officer during the port of entry?

Congratulations. Apart from the sealed packet, what else did you carry to potentially show to the CBP officer during the port of entry?
They ask for passport and sealed visa packet.nothing else.They asked me to give USA contact number only.

Mission complete
Is your care for renewal for expired in 2020 or unable to travel due to covid?

My father had IR5 visa interview scheduled at Mumbai consulate back in February 2020, however due to health issue he was not able to attend that visa interview. After that date COVID started and he was not able to move forward with his IR5 case. Now we have rescheduled his IR5 immigration interview on October 29th at Mumbai. While trying to schedule his medical appointment at Apollo Hospital in Ahmedabad and they asked us to provide DS-260 and Visa Appointment letter to re-open the case. Has anyone gone through process to re-open the case for conducting medical exam prior to visa appointment? If so please let me know how long it will take to re-open the case and if there is anything I can do to expedite re-open the case. Thank you.

Last edited:
Any body got medical done at Apollo Gandhinagar only on appointment confirmation letter for renewal of IR5 visa?
@ANrk I believe you got the medical done at Apollo hospital Gandhinagar. I have appointment at Apollo Gandhinagar for medical and they are saying they need to open a case first before conducting medical exam. Do you know how long it took in your case for Apollo hospital to open the case before medical exam? Did they submit your records electronically or gave paper envelope? Thank you for your help.

Hi All, for those who were successfully able to travel to US with renewed IR5 visa did they check or ask about vaccine status at the US airport? Please help. My mom got covaxin and it is not in WHo approved list and US has a new rule that post Nov 8 only fda or who approved vaccinated travellers can enter US.

Is your care for renewal for expired in 2020 or unable to travel due to covid?

They ask for passport and sealed visa packet.nothing else.They asked me to give USA contact number only.
Hi All, for those who were successfully able to travel to US with renewed IR5 visa did they check or ask about vaccine status at the US airport? Please help. My mom got covaxin and it is not in WHo approved list and US has a new rule that post Nov 8 only fda or who approved vaccinated travellers can enter US

Mission complete
Hi, did they check or ask about vaccine status at the US airport? Please help. My mom got covaxin and it is not in WHo approved list and US has a new rule that post Nov 8 only fda or who approved vaccinated travellers can enter US

Congrats!

We also reached Chicago Sep.16
And our Immigration was done at Abu Dhabi Airport
Hi All, for those who were successfully able to travel to US with renewed IR5 visa did they check or ask about vaccine status at the US airport? Please help. My mom got covaxin and it is not in WHo approved list and US has a new rule that post Nov 8 only fda or who approved vaccinated travellers can enter US

No. Airline just asks for RT-PCR test taken no later than 72 hours. This can be uploaded with some airlines or to be given at the time of check-in.

They only need negative RT-PCR from us,
You must confirm the new laws before you travel
All the best

Hello everyone,

I'm waiting for my parents interview DQ date of my mother is April 22, 2020 and My dad DQ date is July 13,2020
Anyone can tell my parents will get interview at same time or different.

thanks