IR5 entry from India for parents

We gave ir5 interview on 20th sept, got stamped passports on 29th sept and entered USA on 15th October. Now we are waiting for the green card.

I got interview appointment but my biometrics appointment is scheduled at a date beyond interview appointment.
In that case how to go about?
Can you share your experience? Did you had to change biometrics appointment or they did the interview later after biometrics was done. I am struggling with rescheduling of interview for my mother. I was able to schedule OFC biometrics appointment but am not getting a clear answer from then when is her interview scheduled. Appreciate any clarity you can provide.

For fresh IR5 - original appointment was March2020. Rescheduled for July2021 - we had received an email from the consulate to reschedule the interview. We did not have to do biometrics again or change our DS260. Previous biometric was done in March2020.
Interview appointment took long due to waiting for an actual interview opportunity. At first window they asked for PCC, Birth and marriage certificate. No documents of the sponsorer. Then waited for almost 2 hours to get to the interview window. Just asked where will you be traveling and said approved. We were told our passports will be delivered within 8days. Also have to pay fees online prior to the travel to the USA.
Please note - we made travel arrangements to go the consulate so that we do not have to carry any keys,mobile,wallet etc., But we saw that there was a way to store those items in a locker, in case we had them with us.
hello
same thing with my parents original appt was March 2020. They did biometrics in March 2020.
Did the consulate as you to reschedule 2 appointments in the instructions letter? They asked us to make 2
but on USTravel Docs step 7 asks if fingerprints done before April 2020? I said yes then takes me straight to consulate appointment.
Is only consulate appointment required for their case?