IR5 entry from India for parents

Parents have finally made it to USA and their health insurance they bought from India will expire in s few months. Any recommendations on where to purchase health insurance for parents ?
Thanks

Hello,

Are the passports sent along with a sealed envelop or just passports with VISA stamped? Also, how long does it take to receive the card once you arrive. Any success in signing up for obamacare?

Thank you!

Once the IR5 visa is issued is there a downside in taking to and fro tickets from India? I heard that there can be issues at the POE with to and fro tickets but I am not sure if that is true at all.

For those who travelled from India with IR5 visa what did you do; how was your experience at POE?

Thank you!

Parents have finally made it to USA and their health insurance they bought from India will expire in s few months. Any recommendations on where to purchase health insurance for parents ?
Thanks
Hello, any progress on your parents' health insurance? Have you explored obamacare for them?

Hello, any progress on your parents' health insurance? Have you explored obamacare for them?
No not yet, just waiting for the physical green card and SSN to show up. I have once you have that there is an online marketplace for buying health insurance.

My Parents based in Delhi , Got the Interview dates for Mumbai on 1st March. Have few questions , would appreciate if someone can help or point me to any post which explains the process in detail.

1. I got them the interview of VAC in Delhi and working towards getting them a medical appointment in Delhi too . Max Delhi is listed in Mumbai Consulate webpage and that's what i am planning to use. Some posts say that VAC and Medical should be done in Mumbai , is that a real requirement?
2. Per this ustraveldocs, the validity of the PCC has indeed been made 2 years. Did someone recently used a 1-2 year old PCC in Mumbai ?
3. Whats the URL for IR5 Telegram Group ?

I am really hoping that we get results of Medical by next friday , else there is no way to reach the Mumbai consulate in time.

My Parents based in Delhi , Got the Interview dates for Mumbai on 1st March. Have few questions , would appreciate if someone can help or point me to any post which explains the process in detail.

1. I got them the interview of VAC in Delhi and working towards getting them a medical appointment in Delhi too . Max Delhi is listed in Mumbai Consulate webpage and that's what i am planning to use. Some posts say that VAC and Medical should be done in Mumbai , is that a real requirement?
2. Per this ustraveldocs, the validity of the PCC has indeed been made 2 years. Did someone recently used a 1-2 year old PCC in Mumbai ?

I am really hoping that we get results of Medical by next friday , else there is no way to reach the Mumbai consulate in time.
Hi
Fingerprints and medical can be done delhi . Medical report they sent himself to mumbai embassy. You not to carry with you. Just take slips of injections .

The validity of the PCC is two year from the date of issue. It mentions on ustravel.com

Quick Question, How long does it take to gate physical Green Card after you land in USA? It they want to travel outside can get they go with stamp in passport?

It takes about 90 days to receive the physical Green card. POE/I551 stamp received on 12/01/21, Physical Green Card issued on 02/28/22.
Yes, you may travel with the I551 stamp in the passport, it is valid for 1 year but I, personally, would wait for the physical green card. Good luck!

I have the same situation and located in Delhi, however, waiting for interviews to be scheduled. So, I am wondering how did it go with their interviews as far as PCC concerned. Is it really valid for 2 years now or 1 year? and also, my parents got their cases "Documentarily Qualified" by NVC 4 months apart, so are they gonna get separate interviews or same day? Please let me know about your experience. Much appreciated!!

Hello everyone,

I'm waiting for my parents interview DQ date of my mother is April 22, 2020 and My dad DQ date is July 13,2020
Anyone can tell my parents will get interview at same time or different .

thanks
I am in the same boat, did your parents get separate interviews or same day? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello all,

My parents also arrived last week. Once parents/new immigrants arrive, how long does it usually take now to get their SSN and GC? Thanks!

SSN was within 2 weeks. It took about 90 days to receive the physical Green card. POE/I551 stamp received on 12/01/21, Physical Green Card issued on 02/28/22.
Yes, you may travel with the I551 stamp in the passport, it is valid for 1 year but I, personally, would wait for the physical green card. Good luck!

Thanks
I got Atlas America for my parents. No personal experience with any claims. My friends did use it and found it to be the best among the available choices.

My parents got their I-551 sticker in their passports for IR5 immigrant visa back in Jan 2020. Due to covid they couldnt travel to US and their visa expired. I scheduled an extension of immigrant visa appointment at Mumbai consulate on October 7th. During the consulate appointment scheduling process on CGI website they didn't offer any VAC appointment dates for biometrics. My two questions are:
1. Is biometrics required before their consulate appointment? If yes then what is the process to schedule biometric given I didnt see an option during schedule nor is it mentioned in the appointment confirmation letter.
2. Visa appointment letter mentioned that DS-260 needs to be updated. I cannot edit DS-260 any more and is in read-only mode.

By the way I have posted these questions to support-india at ustraveldocs dot com but they have not responded with clear answer.

Any help will be truly appreciated.

I gave my interview on 20th sept. I did not update the DS 260 but i carried all updated PCC and tax returns of my sponsor. They said oh fresh PCC ok. Nothing said about DS 260. Now a days in hyderabad the PCC is given with a validity of 3 months only.

I gave interview at Mumbai for IR5.Even after 4 days after interview the CEAC status shows Ready only updated yesterday and again Ready only. Can some one explain this?

I got interview appointment but my biometrics appointment is scheduled at a date beyond interview appointment.
In that case how to go about?