IR5 entry from India for parents

My Parents IR5 visa expired and got email from embassy to take appointment. It has instructions to bring fees and new DS260 confirmation page, in addition to 2 photos, updated medical report, PCC
From the website, I could not create a new DS 260. But I could take an appointment.
Can someone please guide me on how to create a new DS 260. There is no change , so will the old DS 260 do?
Also do we have to pay the fees at time of interview? or can we pay on the website?
We can not update DS260.so don’t worry for that.Fees to be paid at consulate office.once you give your unused visa packet,New pcc,and medical examination cover to window the fellow will advise to pay fee.Dont forget to take visa interview call which you received first time or email you received this time.Once you pay the fees,office staff will update your DS260 and then call for final interview on other window.

We can not update DS260.so don’t worry for that.Fees to be paid at consulate office.once you give your unused visa packet,New pcc,and medical examination cover to window the fellow will advise to pay fee.Dont forget to take visa interview call which you received first time or email you received this time.Once you pay the fees,office staff will update your DS260 and then call for final interview on other window.
thank you!

How long does it take for the passport to be delivered from mumbai consulate to Mumbai address?

You need to make sure you have the latest Tax filing of your sponsor with you
Otherwise visa may not be approved
Other than this you also need to carry your birth dates proof,police verification,and medical report
The passport delivery could take up to 5 working days

We reached US today basically NEWARK
No hassle either in checkin or immigration please have your rtpcr report pre loaded on the airline ticket
Usually a secondary screening may be required,no extra documents required be prepared to wait for an extra hour depending on the no of people
We flew UNITED directly from Mumbai excellent service in Polaris class
Congrats!

We also reached Chicago Sep.16
And our Immigration was done at Abu Dhabi Airport

Thanks all for replying and keeping all informed. Nice forum.

2 questions.

1. How long does it take Mumbai consulate to mail passport after interview.
2. Do the send a txt or email with Blue Dart Tracking number so we know when package will arrive.

How long has it taken for you guys to get your greencard after entry into the United States. Could a couple of you share your experience here please ?

Thanks all for replying and keeping all informed. Nice forum.

2 questions.

1. How long does it take Mumbai consulate to mail passport after interview.
2. Do the send a txt or email with Blue Dart Tracking number so we know when package will arrive.
Seven working days to get passport.
No message no mail

We are parents of usa citizen and we got our visa approved today. So now we are planning to travel in 2 weeks. Our daughter Is 2nd year medical student and she is having white coat ceremony on 22nd August so immigrant officer said yeah you will be able to travel before that so that means there should not be any hurdle
Did your parents get Green Card ?

We entered US on Aug 7th and still have not received our physical cards. We requested SSN with green cards on DS-260, not sure if that is taking longer.
Have you not got the SS cards yet either?
just double checking that you have paid the USCIS immigrant fee?

Have you not got the SS cards yet either?
just double checking that you have paid the USCIS immigrant fee?
USCIS fee was paid prior to travel. When i check the status online it says -
we received your USCIS Immigrant fee payment for your Permanent Resident Card related to your immigrant visa. We will be processing the request for production of your Permanent Resident Card. You should receive your Permanent Resident Card within 90 days of your entry into the United States or within 90 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee payment is received.

USCIS fee was paid prior to travel. When i check the status online it says -
we received your USCIS Immigrant fee payment for your Permanent Resident Card related to your immigrant visa. We will be processing the request for production of your Permanent Resident Card. You should receive your Permanent Resident Card within 90 days of your entry into the United States or within 90 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee payment is received.
ok, so not much you can do to follow up until after 90 days.
I would try check with SS office that they have received the info for the SS cards, ir's quite long to wait for that. Sometimes the "trigger" for the SS card is not made successfully when immigrating.

ok, so not much you can do to follow up until after 90 days.
I would try check with SS office that they have received the info for the SS cards, ir's quite long to wait for that. Sometimes the "trigger" for the SS card is not made successfully when immigrating.
Me and my husband entered US on aug 2 I got both ssn and green card within month , my husbands has not yet come. On enquiry they say wait for 90 days. Your wife was just lucky in getting

Dear SusieQQQ

Immigration was done at Abu Dhabi Airport

My immigration stamp(IR5 category)shows validity at Port of entry for1 year whereas in the case of my wife as less than 6 months.I don't understand.why we were treated differently Can anybody throw some light on this?

Dear SusieQQQ

Immigration was done at Abu Dhabi Airport

My immigration stamp(IR5 category)shows validity at Port of entry for1 year whereas in the case of my wife as less than 6 months.I don't understand.why we were treated differently Can anybody throw some light on this?
Are you saying the printing at the bottom of your wife’s visa about a temporary i551 says 6 months and not one year? That is the only line that matters, and as far as I know they all say 1 year. I don’t know what else you can mean by a year vs 6 months? There is no time limit on your stay when you enter on an immigrant visa.

Are you saying the printing at the bottom of your wife’s visa about a temporary i551 says 6 months and not one year? That is the only line that matters, and as far as I know they all say 1 year. I don’t know what else you can mean by a year vs 6 months? There is no time limit on your stay when you enter on an immigrant visa.
We both parents fall under the cat. IR5

Visa Stamp upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year

My wife immigration stamp: ADMITTED class: IR5 Until: 6th Feb 2022 through ABU DHABI (AUH) airport and mien passport immigration stamp ADMITTED class: IR5 Until: 16th Sept. 2022

I think it's a clear mistake made by the immigration officer

We both parents fall under the cat. IR5

Visa Stamp upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year

My wife immigration stamp: ADMITTED class: IR5 Until: 6th Feb 2022 through ABU DHABI (AUH) airport and mien passport immigration stamp ADMITTED class: IR5 Until: 16th Sept. 2022

I think it's a clear mistake made by the immigration officer
The admitted until date is not relevant. Not sure why they even wrote dates on. The temp i551 notation is the important one - that visa is now your temporary green card valid for a year for you to use until the plastic one arrives.

How long is Mumbai consulate really going to take to renew expired IR5. Has anyone heard who appointments are scheduled for fresh IR5?