IR5 entry from India for parents

For new IR5 - how long after you enter US, should you expect the Green cards to be mailed? We requested SSN along with the GC, as there was an option on the DS-260.

Congratulations! Can you please let us know their DQ date? This will help us gauge how long before our parents get scheduled for an interview.
1) Mumbai consulate will mail the passports if the DHL courier option was chosen. The sealed packet is electronic so they shouldn't have to carry it. Someone else can confirm this.
2) Once they arrive in the US, they should be able to wait in the Permanent Resident sections since they are technically immigrants.
3) At Immigration, they will interact with the immigration officer. They might be sent to secondary since this is the IV category, it's normal.
4) Once they clear immigration, they will go through customs.

Hope this helps!
Thank you. Looks like it’s not electronic processing for all, my dad’s electronic but my mom’s not apparently (though applied for both at the same time). To answer your question about DQ date, my parents got their documents verified around June 2019 and received their interview initially in early November 2019. However, they could not go then due to health issues and later rescheduled to spring 2020, which got cancelled due to Covid and I was able to finally schedule it now.

C

Congratulations. What questions did they ask your parents?
As everyone said here, the interview was hardly for couple of minutes. Fairly generic questions, nothing interrogative; they had asked about my profession, city/state where I live, and how did I come to USA in the first place, and if my parents had visited USA before. That’s pretty much !

Hey Renukaa, can you please help what time you use to look for appointments? I am trying for more than a month and see no appointments under the expired IR5 category.
Ours was not expired visa, it was for first time visa interview. Still, I assume that shouldn’t make a difference in choosing the interview slots, I guess. I used to check randomly not so frequently and somehow managed to see openings when I checked first thing on a Monday morning once.

Ours was not expired visa, it was for first time visa interview. Still, I assume that shouldn’t make a difference in choosing the interview slots, I guess. I used to check randomly not so frequently and somehow managed to see openings when I checked first thing on a Monday morning once.
When you say first thing Monday morning, Is that IST or USA time? My parents Priority Date is Sept 2018 and DQ Jan 2020, IV cancelled in spring due to covid. Have not been able to find slot even with embassy email for expedite.

Anyone can please help how to get letter for expedited appointment
I emailed the support Mumbai email and got an expedite option email back. Checked with Lawyer. They said, yes that can be used to book expedite. It has been more than a month. I check expedite slot everyday 5 times, no luck. Fingerprinting already done in April.

For those who received sealed envelope to be given at the port of entry for immigrant visa, is it normal to have a diagonal cut in one corner of the envelope? Appreciate your input regarding this !

has anybody recently been able to schedule appointment for Expired IR-5 consulate interview?
I have been trying since a month, 3-4 times a day and still don't see any empty slot.
Just want to understand, if it is just me.

My mother got her immigrant visa approved today. Passport will be mailed in a weeks time. It took a long time inside for reissuance. They checked everything- did ask for birth certificate, my tax returns and OLD medical report. No idea why they wanted her old report but they did check that. Anyways, it’s done!

THANK so much for this forum. Absolutely very helpful with so much tips and pointers.

Another reminder - carry umbrella. It might rain the morning at Mumbai. And while waiting please do NOT take any pictures of the embassy or surrounding.

We reached US today basically NEWARK
No hassle either in checkin or immigration please have your rtpcr report pre loaded on the airline ticket
Usually a secondary screening may be required,no extra documents required be prepared to wait for an extra hour depending on the no of people
We flew UNITED directly from Mumbai excellent service in Polaris class

We reached US today basically NEWARK
No hassle either in checkin or immigration please have your rtpcr report pre loaded on the airline ticket
Usually a secondary screening may be required,no extra documents required be prepared to wait for an extra hour depending on the no of people
We flew UNITED directly from Mumbai excellent service in Polaris class
What is Rtpcr preloaded on tickets?

My Parents IR5 visa expired and got email from embassy to take appointment. It has instructions to bring fees and new DS260 confirmation page, in addition to 2 photos, updated medical report, PCC
From the website, I could not create a new DS 260. But I could take an appointment.
Can someone please guide me on how to create a new DS 260. There is no change , so will the old DS 260 do?
Also do we have to pay the fees at time of interview? or can we pay on the website?