Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

Hi Pibo,

I am also having an interview in August. Do you mind posting the list of things they have asked. You can see my list in this forum.

Thanks,

glb.

Thanks want GC. I am praying for it everyday.

GLB, I will post it tomorrow as I do not have the letter with me now.

I went to Hartford office today and the officer was really polite and nice. But not saying when I am expecting my interview.

I found out a lot of people on this forum got their interview latter and congratulations to them and good luck.

Hope I will get mine soon. Man, it's been almost three years since i485 pending.

Travelling overseas before the approval

we hadn't received any fingerprint notice since we filed our case (!) so went to Hartford last Fri with infopass. the officer kept making sure whether it was true so i said "Never!". so she went to see her supervisor (at this time i was very nervous because, what if they postpone our interview which is scheduled on 8/18...) but she came back and scheduled us for fingerprint the next day so we finally did our fingerprint (thanks pibo for your suggestion)!

friends...are we allowed to travel outside the US while waiting for approval? in fact my wife wants to do that for medical reason after the interview and returning when we receive our approval notice. Any thought?

greenie

greenie

what did they tell you to bring? the usual list? for me, none of the box in the bottom of the letter is checked, so I am not taking anything extra. What about you?

pibo said:
what did they tell you to bring? the usual list? for me, none of the box in the bottom of the letter is checked, so I am not taking anything extra. What about you?

same here too - nothing extra. i'll take all documents related to immigration just in case though. what time is your interview and how early are you getting there? are you taking attorney?

greenie

You better be there 1 hour before your interview, if you are scheduled in the morning around 9:00 to 10:00 AM. You very well know that INS office located in the federal building where there are federal courts too. I was scheduled at 10:00 in the morning, i reached there around 9:10. There was a big queue in front of the building for security check. It took me around 40 min to go in there. I think there was a Federal hearing going on that day. So be careful. I was tensed up that day. I asked a security guy for to get security clearance early...he didn't agree...said...thay will wait for you.....i was only 4 min early to the interview.
SO BE CAREFUL if you are scheduled in the morning.

Mine is at 9:30. Thanks for the suggestion chowds.

Greenie, are you doing any medical or taking any medical related stuffs? about attorney, I am not sure yet. It depends if there is EB2 visa numbers available. If there is no visa numbers, my case is not going to be approved anyway, right? are you taking attorney with you?

chowds said:
You better be there 1 hour before your interview, if you are scheduled in the morning around 9:00 to 10:00 AM. You very well know that INS office located in the federal building where there are federal courts too. I was scheduled at 10:00 in the morning, i reached there around 9:10. There was a big queue in front of the building for security check. It took me around 40 min to go in there. I think there was a Federal hearing going on that day. So be careful. I was tensed up that day. I asked a security guy for to get security clearance early...he didn't agree...said...thay will wait for you.....i was only 4 min early to the interview.
SO BE CAREFUL if you are scheduled in the morning.

thanks chowds. i agree - have been there a couple of times with infopass and seems like security check taking longer in the morning. ours is at 2 so will try to get there by 12:30 (would rather wait there than risking arriving late). was your interview on time? do i have to make copies of my documents? if so, which ones?

greenie

pibo said:
Mine is at 9:30. Thanks for the suggestion chowds.

Greenie, are you doing any medical or taking any medical related stuffs? about attorney, I am not sure yet. It depends if there is EB2 visa numbers available. If there is no visa numbers, my case is not going to be approved anyway, right? are you taking attorney with you?

no pibo. we did the medical last year and it wasn't in stamford where some people seem to have had some problem. you could be the lucky one - according the latest visa bulletin EB2 is still current, which means there are still #'s available. good luck. we're thinking about taking attorney (ours is an ***hole though :mad: )

greenie, Actually, my interview is in sept, so I do not know if it will be current for sept.

My interview was on time. He asked me copies for passports, Driver's license, social security card, last year's tax return copy and w2. copies of pay stubs (all submitted all for this year, he didn't ask me any specific month).
That's it.
Good luck to you.

chowds said:
My interview was on time. He asked me copies for passports, Driver's license, social security card, last year's tax return copy and w2. copies of pay stubs (all submitted all for this year, he didn't ask me any specific month).
That's it.
Good luck to you.

thanks chowds. did you go there with your attorney? if so, do you think it was worth it? and were you asked any tricky question?

greeni05

I didn't go with my attorney and i don't think you need an attorney there. There were no tricky questions....just straight....about geographical info and last page questionire in the I-485 application form...have you ever arrested?.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know whether I need an attorney or not. Our case was not tricky, but still got transferred to local office. Our attorney is asking over $3000 for fee, airfare and lodging to come here in CT from MD. So, I am really thinking what needs to be done.

Congrats Pibo

I was hoping it would have come through soon as I know its disheartning when everyone else comes and you are still sitting with nothing fingers are crossed that EB2 stays current until sept.

Well I tested out the cards work great one of ours hadn't come by the time of travel so they dragged us in the office to have a look and check things out (no questions just looked and stamped) the card was in the mail box

Good luck all, we are already into mid august so it is over 1 month before they issue new visa #'s

Latest on the Visa Number availability for Eb 1/2/3 categories : UPdated by USCIS - August 11th
Link : http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2616.html

5. On the chart below, the listing of a date for any class indicates that the class is oversubscribed (see paragraph 1); "C" means current, i.e., numbers are available for all qualified applicants; and "U" means unavailable, i.e., no numbers are available. (NOTE: Numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed below.)

All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA-mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIP-PINES
Family
1st 15APR01 15APR01 15APR01 01JAN83 22MAR91
2A* 22SEP01 22SEP01 22SEP01 15AUG98 22SEP01
2B 01APR96 01APR96 01APR96 01JAN91 01APR96
3rd 15MAR98 15MAR98 15MAR98 01JAN92 08SEP90
4th 15DEC93 15DEC93 01JUN93 01JAN87 01MAR83

*NOTE: For September, 2A numbers EXEMPT from per-country limit are available to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 15AUG98. 2A numbers SUBJECT to per-country limit are available to applicants chargeable to all countries EXCEPT MEXICO with priority dates beginning 15AUG98 and earlier than 22SEP01. (All 2A numbers provided for MEXICO are exempt from the per-country limit; there are no 2A numbers for MEXICO subject to per-country limit.)

All----CH----IN----ME----PH
1st C----C-----C-----C-----C
2nd C----C-----C-----C-----C
3rd U----U-----U-----U-----U

The Department of State has available a recorded message with visa availability information which can be heard at: (area code 202) 663-1541. This recording will be updated in the middle of each month with information on cut-off dates for the following month.
---------------
Pibo