Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

My Friend is also waiting for the approval letter.

Hi Guys,

When I have gone for my EAD, met a friend there. Originally his case was transferred to Baltimore, n then he moved CT. Again his case was tr to Hartford. The day I went to INS, he had his interview n he has been told that u will get the approval letter in 4 weeks, but He is also waiting it is about 7 week since he had attended the interview. But nothing to worry those who had interview u will be getting the Letter very soon. Even when we have gone there to pickup our EAD last month, there was lot of people awaiting to pickup their EAD's..Had a talk with the Lady taking the pictures for EAD. She said they have lot of cases pending. (Probably becoz of students n various other categories..)

All the best guys, u r getting ur approval letter asap.

mzsuresh,

Your interview call letter should tell you what are the docments they asked you to bring. It is a good thing to take everything you have which tells your Janam Kundli. Regarding your paystubs, Take what ever you have. Take the most recent paystubs. I went to the interview. It was for 5-6 min. max. I was asked if the current employer is the one who petitioned for my GC. Since I changed employers, I said no and they asked me for my employment letter from my current employer and the original I-140 approval. You better take your original I-140 approval and Labour approval. Let me know if you need info.

Good Luck and Have Fun.

Netboyks

Re: Interview

Hi netboyks/all

I attended the interview, it went for 5 minutes, officer asked general questions and asked us to fill our home address on yellow paper form and asked to go to the finger print room to give our finger prints.

And the officer told us that we will be informed by mail once our clearence check is passed.

But when I read your posting you have told that they have taken photos but the person at the finger printing room just took only the finger prints and he said that we are fine.

Can you let me know how long it took to get your second notice and get passport stamped.

Thanks
mzsuresh

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mzsuresh

Can you tell in detail what questions he asked you ? What paperwork he asked for ? and any other details you think is important for we followers.

Take Care

Re: Interview and GC approved

Hi all

By god's grace we have got our second notice on 2/15/03 saying that we are approved as a lawful permanent residents and have to report to INS office within 30 days from the date of receipt and also it states that our GC cards have been ordered.

Re: Interview questions.

Officer asked our current employment letter, paystubs
and proof of our marriage and tax statements for past three years.

Officer took the tax statement he saw that we had a kid as a dependent and asked for our kids details (ie. birth certificate, passport) since my kid is US born we gave the kids passport and birth certificate, and the officer told us that we are fine.

After that the officer told us to go to Room 456A to give our index finger print and told us a letter will me mailed when everything is cleared.

We thought that it will take about 4 weeks to get our notice as per netboyks but we got our second letter within 3 days.

Suggestion:

When you people go for the interview take all your documents neatly tabed which gives the offficer a good impression and make sure you have copies of the documents you take. The officers inside are very professional and polite.

That's it guys

I shall keep u posted once we get our passport stamped.

Wish you all good luck.

Thanks
mzsuresh

Congrats!!! mzSuresh.

Did only mzSuresh got his approval or other people who have attended interview also got their letters saying their GC has been approved...

Re: Passport stamped

hi all

Went to hartford INS office today and took a number at the counter and got our passport stamped. IIO told us we will receive our plastic cards within twelve months.

Best of luck to all

Thanks
mzsuresh

Approval

Sorry Guys,
I could not post the details of my new developments. I was travelling for a while. I got my approval letter about 3 weeks back and got my passport stamped. The IIO told that I will recieve the cards in mail within 12 months (Hopefully). Mzsuresh was lucky that he got his approval letter in couple of days. It took almost 9 weeks for me. You guys are next.

Have Fun.

Netboyks

Keeping it on top. MZSuresh, Did you recieve your cards yet? If so could you tell me when?
Thanks
Netboyks

To redragon

redragon, how come your attorney know that Htfd working on may(02) 2'nd week for regular cases..
Did he went personally or called them (what's the number) ?

Can he check for x'fered cases.

I got letter for new Finger Prints.

Yesterday, 04/09/03 , just 6 months after my case was transfered to Hartford, I received letter with appoiment for me, my husband and my son over 14 years for a new Finger prints,
after this, someone knows how long do I have to wait for interview? I am also waiting for renewal EAD which expires on April 16/03 , I filled the application for that 1 1/2 month ago.

Mi I-140/EB-2 was approved on 10/23/00 without Labor Certification, I filled ETA-750 A/B and then the INS asked to me for evidences for Shedulle A, I sent a letter supporting that and it was enough.

My case:

RD(I-140): 06/16/99
PD: 06/10/99
ADI-140): 10/23/00
RD(I-485): 03/2001
EAD: 04/16/2001
FP:07/2001
RFE: 02/2002: medical exams.
READ: 03/2002
RFE: 07/2002: Letter from my sponsor.
TD: 10/09/2002 To Hartford, CT
EAC(for I-485): 01-124-xxxx

Thanks to all.

Cards

Has anyone whose case has been transfered and got the stamping done recieve their cards. MZSuresh, did you recieve your cards yet. Could you update please.
Thanks
Netboyks