Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

Thanks for the information manumahi and Deepesh Jiwani
Could you guys please post the steps (1.2.3...) for EAD and AP application along with the form numbers (byself application). I am also planning to do the same for my wife.
Early response requested.

JSNJSN ... Contact details of your lawyer

JSNJSN,

Thanks for your detailed desc of ur exp. Could you please let me know the contact details of your lawyer . Also would appreciate if you could tell me how informative, patient and well-informed he was and what his charges were. If you are hesitant to post the details here, please mail to solicit_u@yahoo.com

Thanks,
-solicit

all the details are in the EAD application.....all the questions are direct ...so there is no twist anywhere...if you have any questions in filling the form....I can help you

Our Case has transferred to Hartford, CT too on Oct 11nth/2002 our Rd is 8th Oct 2001, we need to renew our EAD's now.

Just went there with I765 Form...

$120/- for each applicant
Copy of EAD (both sides)
Copy of earlier EAD approval from INS
Copy of 485 Rcept

They only took this and asked us to wait till we get an appointment then they will take finger prints n Photos..Expecting the appointment soooooooooooooooooooooooooooon...

redragon,
The last I enquired in the INS, I was told it is going to take 6 months from the date they recieve the file. No update since then. I tried to ask them lately but no reply. I was told that "we cannot tell anything". It is slow in HARTFORD. I had already renewed my EAD's. My advice is to do so.
Have Fun.

When, we asked them, how much time it takes...few months...they said...but probably they should call us for interview in few weeks itself...

I don't understand

I too am from Hartford and I just got my passport stamped today. My GC was approved on 9th October after RFE issued on July 9th. There were slight hassles after RFE submission (see my post http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=63647 for the whole story).
But anyways, it finally came through without any interviews and such.
So good luck to you all who are waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello rdp, mi case was transfered to Hartford.

Mi I-140/EB-2 was approved on 10/23/00 without Labor Certification, I have my sponsor and I am not sure if my case is NIW or no, Some one knows the answer? I filled ETA-750 A/B and then the INS asked to me for evidences for Shedulle A, I sent a letter supporting that and it was enough.

My case:

RD(I-140): 06/16/99
PD: 06/10/99
ADI-140): 10/23/00
RD(I-485): 03/2001
EAD: 04/16/2001
FP:07/2001
RFE: 02/2002: medical exams.
RFE: 07/2002: Letter from my sponsor.
TD: 10/09/2002 To Hartford, CT
EAC(for I-485): 01-124-xxxx

Thanks to all.

Stella-Maria,

In my view, your case is not NIW. Schedule A is a US list of expertise that they acknowledge to be short of. Those who qualify for this schedule, they get approved without LC.

You must be in some area related with nursing or physical therapy I guess. During interview they might ask you to show documents related with your qualifications and experience to make sure that you still qualify for Schedule A. Again, this is my personal guess only and I have no experience in this area.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Hello, jigesh.

Realy there is not much information about that. I have done my process by myself and I get the American Inmigration Center Kit: "PRIORITY WORKERS, Residence Visa 1st, 2nd preference Employment Based. Aliens of Exceptional Ability, Extraordinary Ability and National Interest Waiver.

I found there about NIW:

"NATIONAL INTEREST WAIVER:

There are certains positions that the attorney general and or the departament of labor have agreed that; there is a shortage of willing and able US residents to fill the positions. These positions wuold be cosidered pre-certified.

Pre-certified positions are usually found on a list provided by the departament of labor. The list of pre-certified positions is often referred to as SHEDULE A. After the 1990 Act which effected and changed the inmigration laws considerably the departament of labor revised the Shedule A listing to include the following professions:

- Professional Nurses
- Licensed Physical Therapists.
- Exceptional ability aliens in the Sciences and Arts.

I am Pharmaceutical Chemist and my Approval Notice says:

Section: Memb. of Profession w/Adv. Deg, or of Exceptional Ability, SEC. 203(b)(2)

Anyways I have to wait for the letter from INS-Hartford.

Thanks for your answer.

Stella-Maria,

Sorry for responding late - in fact, I was in doubt so wanted to make sure before I reply.

I was WRONG in my previous post to mention that you are not NIW. I realized that Schedule A is part of NIW category. Your approval notice says SEC. 203(b)(2) - and that's for exceptional ability/advanced degree - I am not 100% sure whether the approval was really under Schedule A, because chemists are not listed as far as I could recollect. If I get time, I will try to find out list of Schedule A professionals to see if chemists are listed there. Meanwhile I recommend to do "google search" with "NIW" and "Schedule A" key words - also make sure that you visit the US department of labor web-site. If I come across any information that might be useful to you, I will respond ASAP.

Anyway, this means that your category is NIW (and most probably Schedule A - because they approved after RFE to that effect). Since you have a sponsor, you should be working for your sponsor (if not, see if AC21 is applicable) at the time of interview. They might ask you to show recent employment letter with description of your duties, evidence for eligibility to Schedule A (similar to those submitted during I-140), recent pay-stubs, and other routine documents (like I-94, etc.).
The interview letter will describe what documents to be carried with.

Again, I would like to highlight that this is my non-legal point of view only - I have no experience in this regard. In fact, my case is also an NIW case - self-petitioned, no sponsor (and not schedule A) and judging from the recent trend, I expect local transfer to NY (my God!).

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Stella-Maria

OK, here I am back again.

Attached text file is a list of schedule A professions. I see that chemists are not listed in Group I of Schedule A. That means probably you are approved under Group II of Schedule A (exceptional ability/advanced degree).

Anyway, you will still need the same documents as I mentioned in my previous post. Try to stick to the same job with the sponsor at least until your interview. In my view, there should not be any problem during your interview and should be a kind of formality only. However, be prepared with documents or better to take an attorney with you if you feel nervous. Cheers!

Yes, here are websites to spend your weekend:

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/perm.asp#A

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_01/20cfr656_01.html

Good luck.

Jigesh