Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

First thing, Congratulations to Netboyks.
Surprise No. 1 :
I got an fingerprint Notice in place of INTERVIEW CALL and went through it on 19th. I am happy to see atleast, got something.
Surprise No 2 :
But received another Fingerprint notice in my mail Box, and this time it is saying to come on 4th Dec.'2002. I can not beleive it.

Question :
What Do I need to do, as I have already fingerprinted ?

Netboyks : Please share your interview expereince, and also let me know, if you have fingerprinted before getting the interview letter ?
Your INTERVIEW EXPEREINCE IS MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL THE hartford cases here.
Good Luck and waiting for the response.

rdp_2001,
I think the FP notice says it can be disregarded if you have been FPed 30/60 days back. Therefore, I would just send a letter to the address on the FP notice and tell that you are not appearing since FP was done in November. Also, send a copy of the form/receipt they gave from November FP.

IND761, rdp_2001, redragon
Guys, I am sorry for the delay in sharing my info. I was travelling all along. Anyway, here is the info.

I went to the Interview around 10 min. before the scheduled time (10.20 A.M.). Parked the car in the paid parking lot.
Submitted my interview letter in the window inside room # 421. Waited for around 15-25 min. beyond my scheduled time for my name to be called. Got pissed of inbetween as people who came after me were called first, but still waited patiently.
Then came the IIO, called my name and we followed him all the way inside. He was nice and professional. Offered us to sit down in his cube across him and made us feel comfortable. He asked us our D.O.B, and asked me my employment letter. Asked if this is the same employer who sponsored my G.C. I said no. (I changed after 180 days). He asked for the original I-140 apporval from my previous employer, which I gave it to him. He told me that my case got transfered because I changed my employer and also made the comment that the IIO in vermont should know that there is a law which allows the change of employment after sometime. He also cursed the IIO in Vermont for transfering the case. Then he took our I-94 and asked us to write our address on a paper (both of us). He said that usually they stamp the passport and send us. But recently they started a new background check process, for which he has to wait until it is done. But he took our pictures, fingure prints and said they will send us the notice in 30days. He said we are good and need not worry about anything. Just wait for the notice and if we feel necessary, he wanted us to come back with the notice and get the PP. stamped. He checked for the validity of the fingure prints and said we are good. The very next day was the first snow of this season on which he made some comments and said to go. Then we took our pictures and fingure prints and left. In all the interview with the IIO lasted for about 5 min.
I felt that everything is done but yet nothing has been done. I am now waiting for the notice from the INS. I will keep you posted.
Sorry once again.

Netboyks.

netboyks,

I have one question:

Do you have to go for PP stamping once you receive your approval or will they process the card without PP stamping?

If they process card w/o stamping then how long will it take?

As per the IIO, it is my option if I want to have the PP stamped or not after I recieve the notice. He said the cards will be processed simultaneously and that is why they took my pictures and fingure prints ( I assume). I was told by the IIO that it would take 6 - 8 months for the cards.

Netboyks,

Glad to hear everything went well. I guess another trip must be made to Hartford :(

A friend of mine who went through consular-processing and arrived in the US 2 months ago got the Green Card in 1 month via mail.

The citizenship eligibility is 5 years after the PP stamping (i am told), I wonder which day they use if PP is not stamped.

Congrats Netboyks,

Enjoy the freedom..Nothing to worry....You will be getting ur GC..very soon..Few of my friends also got the same response..as per the new background check process..they r taking some more time..

All the best...

CamSreeni,
Can you tell me how long it took for your friends to recieve the notice/cards from the INS after their interview. Just to know when can I expect my notices/ cards.
Thanks
netboyks.

Hi netboyks,

They have been told...it will take 4 weeks time..but one has got in 2 weeks n other in 3 weeks...Probably it will be same for you...Can you tell me..How much time they took, before they call you for interview..(ie from Trnasfer date to Interview date)...

All the best again...

Thanks CamSreeni,
I was also told that it will take 30 days (approx. 4 weeks) for the notice at the end of my interview. I might be getting in the same time frame as your friends. My case was transfered from VSC on June 12th. and the Hartford INS recieved my file on June 18th. I got the interview letter a week before the interview date which was Nov 26th. So it took just over 5 months. Hope this info. helps.
You Guys are next.

Have Fun
Netboyks

Thanks Rdp.

I am still waiting for the so called notice which the IIO told that I will recieve. It is already 24 days since the Interview. I do not know what is taking so long. Just for the record I do not have any police records (except for speeding tickets) neither here nor back home. Keeping my fingures crossed.

Have Fun and Happy Holidays Friends.

Netboyks

Went to INS last week

I went to Hatford INS last week. The IIO told me it takes 12 months now from the date of transfer for interview call. Can' t believe it. Every time I go to check status they increase the duration by 3 - 4 months. ( 6 , 8 and now 12 mnths) I think I should stop going now ( but can't help after 3 -4 months waiting and don't hear from them). When asked why it is taking so long IIO wan't say anything but wait endlessly for our notice.

Any interview call recently after netboyks

Anybody recieved any updates or interview call from Hartford INS recently after netboyks.

Hi Guys,

we have got our Ead approval in 9 weeks...from Hartford Office..while filing they were saying 4 months...Thank GOD..it came in time..Just for other people I am posting here.

This is a good news ...... HAve yu applied for Advance parol, if yes then can you please tell us the detail (I am planning to apply by myself)

I'm still waiting on my interview call.
Case transferred on 10/09/02.
Has anyone received a call after 10/09/02 ?
Is anyone tracking the transfer date & interview date ?

:confused:

Hi rdp_2001,

Yeah, we have applied for AP too...they said, it will take 4 weeks...also asked us...wheather u want to pick up or mail...we said mail...we recd that in mail in less than one week itself...They just took the application form, 2 photos n Chk for $110 (I guess)...applied in person at Hartford..

all the best
Thanks.

Guys,
Where have you all been? Hope you all had a nice holidays and I wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Just want to keep it on top so that this thread does not get lost. No info from myside. I donot know when will the 30 days for the INS will end.
Have Fun
Netboyks