Important: $$$$$ Backlog Reduction Initiative $$$$$

Petition contest!

Hey, everybody, go home and write a petition, a page long,
post on this thread, tomorrow we'll vote whose petition is
the best suitable to send to BCIS directors.

You can use Rajiv's petition as a start sample.

Yes

Originally posted by dengdeng
Go home and write a petition, post on http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?threadid=93837

We'll see whose version is the best and we'll send it to BCIS director and Ombudsman

In the petition, we will make space for people to write comments about their situation. We could then add some of those comments in the main petition to highlight our problems and how they affect human lives - ours.

People, Rajiv suggested everyone of us write a small part of our own stories, our lives affected by GC, the ordeal we suffered, and our expectation of BCIS, so we can combine the good stories into the petition and send to the directors !!!

Start using your pens or keyboards....

To summarize GC waiters situation, I have categorized into following cases. We can collect true stories of each category.

1) Case over processing time and FP expired, no actions at all, no RFE, no tranfer, no second FP.
2) Case over processing time and FP not expired, no actions.
3) Case required further evidence, after evidence received by BCIS, FP expired, no further movements, no second FP notice received.
4) Case required further evidence, after evidence received by BCIS, FP not expired, no further movements.
5) Case FP expired, did second FP, no actions.
6) Case Transferred to local office, waiting for interview notice, no actions.
7) Case waiting on name check, long long delayed.
8) Case required second FP notice, completed second FP, but BCIS claimed they have not received it.
9) Case required further evidence, but never received RFE, called BCIS, no actions.
10) Family cases are not together, therefore no actions.
11) I-140 was mistakenly approved by BCIS for CP, no actions therefore.
12) Primary applicant approved, beneficary applicants no actions.

Rajiv, what about our last petition? Did you get any reponse back from Senators/Congressmen/BCIS director? Anybody replied your petition? What about the phone petition?

Okay, everybody please post a short story of yours. let's see whose stories are most interesting.

sample 1 :

My name is xxxxx. I have been waiting on my 485 petition to be adjudicated for nearly 2 years now. Till today no actions have been taken on my case. I am very frustrated. After calling NCSC customer service center several times, I didn't get any positive answers. Various BCIS phone representatives promised to send me a case update in 3 weeks. But I never received any mail update from BCIS. I have contacted local congressman to get a case update for me, the answer was same, your case is still pending, please call us back in 30 days. I would like to know when this endless waiting will end.

sample 2 :

My name is xxxxx. I have been waiting on my 485 petition to be adjudicated for nearly 2 years, months over the projected processing time. My finger print has expired and I completed my second finger print on time. However, after BCIS received my second finger print, I haven't heard any updates from them. No actions have been taken so far. I contacted senators and congressman, they contacted VSC on my behalf but even them can't do anything. When will my case be adjudicated? Only god knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sample

To Citizenship and Immigration Ombudsman
BCIS

Dear Mr. Prakash Khatri,

First of all we would like to congratulate you on your appointment as the Citizenship and Immigration Ombudsman. We, the immigrant community, have long awaited for someone to be appointed so that we can communicate with BCIS and DHS in an effective way.

I-485 petitions, based on approved employer sponsored I-140 petition, are taking more than two years to be adjudicated and this back-log has built up over a short time. Some service centers are publishing the same processing dates for the last 6 months. (e.g NSC), and it appears as if I-485 processing has come to a halt rather than being sped up to reduce the backlog.

Rencent announcement by NSC mentions that Employment based cases are a low priority than asylee/religious worker cases. However, as you would agree with us, all the petitioners waiting for employment based I-485 approvals are highly educated professionals, who are contributing a lot to the American society and economy. But a general feeling of frustration over these ever-swelling waiting periods is very negatively affecting all of us. We are not sure of our future, we can not take some important decisions in our lives since it depends on where we would be in 2-4 years.

We are writing this to request you to please look into this matter. Just few years ago, the processing times were 7-9 months, and these waiting times are ever-swelling since then. These can be controlled if a better policy is adopted. We understand that security issues might have slowed down the process, but we feel that the general process is not stream-lined and is not working smoothly to approve the cases in a reasonable time. Currently, it seems like no attention is given for two years to a properly filed petition untill its turn comes. We believe that this un-necessary waiting period of 2 years needs to be addressed. Giving I-485 cases a higher priority, appointment of new adjudicators and arranging funding for their salaries are a few suggestions we could forward to you.

We hope our petition will be given appropriate response.

Sincerely,
All of us Waiting for GC.

Thanks, topazB for merging the posts. I was not aware that we cam merge the threads before this.

Edison - I didn't do it. I just proposed it.

Probably Dengdeng did it seeing my posting.

As a matter of fact I thought I posted my msg. at wrong thread and deleted my msg.

Whatever, the purpose is met.

Here it is ar888 did that.

Thanks ar888.

But can you merge a thread started by somebody else . well, that is another discussion, we will do somewhere else on some other day.

Originally posted by topazB
Here it is ar888 did that.

Thanks ar888.

But can you merge a thread started by somebody else . well, that is another discussion, we will do somewhere else on some other day.

Which thread?

Kjcool, the letter you wrote is very nice. I have a few suggestions, let's describe some concrete problems in the letter too. You just describe the general problem of backlog, but
didn't mention the recent backlog built up is caused by FP
expiration, RFE not processed in time, and service center
not providing any information to applicants at all. We need
address these issues. can you add those in your letter?

We can aslo point BCIS to our Rupnet website, let them know
how many cases are still left behind. They probably don't count.

Due to reasons beyond my control, I couldn't complete the petition. But I'll the post the partial petition which I just started.

I also would like to provide a outline of the petition format:
1. Congratulation note
2. Brief problem description (Employment based Immigration processing time)
3. Immigration benefits to the United States
4. Explanation of the problem in detail(Employment based Immigration processing time)
5. Hardships faced by the applicants due to the above mentioned problems.
6. Root cause of the problem (High priority for TPS, asylum, religious workers etc. and low priority for Employment based immigration, EAD/AP for 1 year, Name check process,
Finger print report expiration, ......)
7. Suggested solutions for the problems (High priority for Employment based immigration applications, EAD/AP for multiple years, More transparent name check process, Starting name check process as soon as the applicants file the applicantions, Extending the validity of Finger print report)
8. Conclude the note with the brief expectation for the problem resolution.

If the forum members contribute to various sections of the petition then we can even consolidate the contents from various members petitions.

To Citizenship and Immigration Ombudsman
BCIS

Subject: Employment based immigration backlog

Dear Mr. Prakash Khatri,

First of all we would like to congratulate you on your appointment as the Citizenship and Immigration Ombudsman at Department of Homeland security. We, the immigrant community, have long awaited for someone to be appointed so that we can communicate effectively with Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Immigration is not undermining the American experiment; it is an integral part of it. Since the inception of this country, the people and customs of America have been built by immigrants. Even today, immigrants play an important role in the economy, communities, and everyday life of America. It is important to understand that immigrants, particularly those with high skills, are not just critically important to the success of some of the large corporations of the United states but are benificial to the economy as a whole. Contrary to the popular myth, Immigrants do not take American's job but infact immigrants have developed new products and started new business ventures that have created employment opportunities for millions of Americans. Immigrants stimulate the economy in general. Immigrants have enriched American culture and enhanced the United states influence in the world. It is important to maintain the United states long tradition of welcoming immigrants to the Unites states to pursue the American dream. The success of the United states rests upon its successful pro-immigration policy.

(to be continued)

Looks like Edison and myself have a lot of commonalities . Yesterday night, i was thinking of preparing the petition and onlything i could do was to arrive at the basic framework first.
And it is almost similar to what Edison has said, but let me post my framework so that we can finalise our frame work today. By tomorrow or Thursday, we should have the letter ready (with contributions from all of you here). By Friday we definitely want to officially pass on the Letter to Rajiv for his review.
Here is my framework for the letter :
-----------------------------------------------
Letter should not be too long
Letter should consists of the following Paragraphs
under appropriate headers
para1) who we are + welcome note to Mr Khatri
para2) Why this letter (in just one long sentence)
para3) Explanation of Delays for EB I485 applications
para4) Problems caused by these delays
para5) concluding remarks (How the previous petitions
did not result in any change in speed + Asking him to
influence BCIS in taking some decisive steps instead
of empty promises)

PS : Now guys, please work on the paragraphs. Let's roll.