Important: $$$$$ Backlog Reduction Initiative $$$$$

* They can save Finger Prints in a Database to retrieve it for 15 month validation, so that no 2nd FP (saves time/money for BCIS/applicant)

* Also, automate the process of Background/Name check.

Originally posted by dsatish
Yes,
We should definitely ask for interim GC after 1 year. Let's include that in the Memo. Is any one working on the Memo ?

dsatish,
I don't think anyone is working on the memo. Did you notice that there are only few response for this? Dirty comments from some forum members get better response here.
I posted a link to this thread in all I-140 and I-485 forums here to get better response.

Also members like dengdeng prefer to limit the scope which obviously will lead to few response. dengdeng should understand that if we represent in mass it might make a impact on processing time for employment bases applications.

Maybe we should establish a backlog reduction fund, to seek resource and professional help. Lobbying BCIS need money,
if everyone of us donate some money, we can have best lawyers
to help us. For example. we can use the money to afford a lawyer visiting VSC, we can use the money to ask lawyer writing petitions for us, and negotitate with BCIS director.
We can hire a lawyer in DC area to represent all 485 applicants.
Is it possible.

Edison, I never said limit the scope to oct/nov/dec applicants. It's your assumption. I just said to be realistic, if you ask for 6 months processing, that's not going to be realized in your life time. Be realistic and don't ask too much, then BCIS will agree. You think they can finish all 485 cases in 6 months?

I said 18 months is the limit we can tolerate. Of course I would like them to finish in 6 months, but that's just impossible.

Right now over 18 months is Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan. That's why you misunderstood me. And next month will be Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb.
We have to find a way to stop the delay, but not overly optimistic in BCIS's ability to reduce backlog all at once.

dengdeng,
I understand that only citizens and permanent residents can donate money for lobbying efforts.

Abhay,
I'm sure EB based applicants would welcome this premium processing but I prefer it has to be restricted only for EB cases.

Illegal immmigrants are given higher priority as of today which should be reversed and the Employment based applicants should be given higher priority.

Edison, illegal asylums have the support of Senators. We don't have anybody support us. I don't think they will change the priority.

dengdeng,
If you start with 18 months you will only get few response for this. It's not that I started this 6 months, it's the proposal of our president Mr.George W. Bush. Also VSC was processing I-485 case within 7 to 9 months couple of years back.
How do you think that Indians and Chinese are getting their GCs, it's due to AC21 which helped us to take advantage of unused visas by other countries there by breaking the per country limit. There were various organizations that lobbied for this AC21 which looked unrealistic at that time. So we have put some practically unrealistic solutions but theoretically realistic solution so that we can achieve our goals rather than limiting our target.

Dengdeng – great idea. $10 is nothing and I don’t think many will object. There could be more than 1000 ready to participate.

Rajiv has already been volunteering a lot for us. We can request him to take it up for us against professional fee and this should not only be restricted to sending the petition but represent us at appropriate level and come out with a resolution. Can we approach AILA for this?

But the problem would be:
1) Who would lead / co-ordinate on our behalf.
2) Who would maintain the account

How does everyone know that the money spent is properly been utilized?
Who maintains track of any progress

Otherwise this will be just another petition reach the trashcan of all the recipients.

dengdeng,
Mr. Ronald Regan used to say that American comes first to me than anythingelse, if for every politician America comes first then Employment Based cases will get higher priority.

topazB,
Q: Can we approach AILA for this?
A: Immigration attorney like Mr.Rajiv S. Khanna can answer this

I honestly don't think we should request premium processing, or 6 months processing of 485, if we ask so, BCIS will reply that we're doing that, it's our goal, wait till 2006, that's not going to solve our problems. We should ask something that in the near future they can possibly do. Like finish cases in 18 months. That's not a unreasonable request.

Someone please ask Rajiv if it's possible for us to donate money for him to write us the petition. We can send check to his office.
$10 is the least amount. You can donate 10k if you want.

18 months is logical because EAC says “it will be adjudicated between 365 and 540 days” and BCIS may not have too much of argument against it.

But we can certainly start with 12 months.

6 months does not seem logical (at least in near future) even though President mentioned it.

topazB 12 months is not logical either in this year at least. Think about it, it's already August, and they are processing Jan cases.
How come they at once finish Jan-August cases. That's impossible.
18 months is their old processing time limit. So we can argue this.
We could point out in 2003, make 18 months, by mid 2004, make 12 months, by 2006, make it in 6 months. We have to show our generosity to let BCIS compromise.

It's sad that not many people are posting in this thread. I know that some of the active people have already got their GC (or) they are almost there. But what about others, who filed their GC after March'02 ? We should all make a determined effort to send the Memo to Mr Khatri. This is our only chance to get the GC faster because in this bad job market, we really can't lobby the congress for any immigration benefits. Let's take a vote on how many people here want to sign the Memo and how many are willing to contribute money for this effort. I will create the voting thread.

People are generally lazy, they want everything done for them. But they can sign the petition. They won't post in this thread.

It's not Oct or Nov or Dec cases problems, it's YOUR problem. don't think you can evade the bad luck of waiting, 50% chance
your case won't be processed in time and you will need help in the future.

6 months is not an impossible target. 20 years back people applied for GC at POE immediately after their arrival here and got it approved within couple of months and 10 years back labor certification till GC approval took just 6 to 9 months. So 6 months is not theoretically impossible target, so If BCIS work towards 6 month target then actual processing time might be 12 to 18 months range since current target of BCIS is 12 to 18 months but actual processing time is 18 to 24 months and still increasing.

Top it

This is an opportunity guys. Please contribute how we can make this happen.

Please come out with your suggestions / solutions.

dengdeng,
When I say 6 months I always mean gradually reduce the processing time to 6 months not that I expect it to happen tomorrow itself. So our views are same.

topazB,
I appreciate you participation. Still there are less than 10 participants for this issue, this is really bad since there are 10 links to this thread from various I-140 forums and I-485 forums on this portal

BTW, I e-mailed this thread's link to Mr.Rajiv and requested his comment on this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go ahead folks

We have been watching Mr. Khtari's appointment with interest. We will be sending him whatever you folks decide.

Tell me if you need help.

I am subscribed to this thread. Take care, all.