I140 Approved in June/July 2004 and CP at Chennai

I was going over the requirements for CP in the Chennai Consulate website and read that side views of photographs are no more required - only reqular straight photos are required. Can someone who has attended the CP interivew recently please enlighten me on the photograph requirements? Thanks

I have not gone through the Chennai web site. But I think you still need the side photos (for printing on the GC) and straight photos for the MRVs.

Alren: here is the text of the information on US Consulate at Chennai's website. Also the link for that page :
http://usembassy.state.gov/chennai/wwwhivdocument.html#photos
All those who have applied for the GC after 26th July please confirm this.

Visa Photographs

From July 26, 2004, we are started to issue machine-readable immigrant visa (MRIV) for immigrant visa applicants. You are requested to submit frontal view photograph and make sure that the photographs comply with the following specifications for all applicants:

Four photographs must be an un-mounted full-face photo taken within the last six months. The photograph must be a full front view, taken facing the camera - no side or angled views are acceptable. The photograph needs to correctly identify the person. The photograph should measure 2 inches x 2 inches (roughly 50 mm x 50 mm) with the head centered in the frame. The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure between 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo. The photograph must have a white or off-white background. Photos with colored, dark or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted. For persons wearing glasses, there must be no reflection around the eyes. Photos with reflections will not be accepted. A photograph wearing a traditional facemask or veil that does not permit adequate identification is not acceptable. Head coverings or hats are acceptable only because of religious beliefs and then only when the applicant's face is completely exposed. Since a separate visa is issued to each qualified applicant, an individual photo is required in all cases. Group photos are not acceptable.

Note: Effective immediately side view photograph for immigrant visa applicants is not needed anymore.

A Question for all CP Gurus:

1. My company got acquired in the middle of my GC process - after my I140 was filed. An amendment was filed after the aquisition. However when the notice of approval arrived, it still has the old company name as the petitioner. Has anyone out there experienced this? How does this affect the CP process?

2. Does the cosulate look into the Indian job experiece in detail? I ask this because there looks like a small error in my labor application and the same has been carried over all along.

Would greatly appreciate your informed inputs.

snm65 said:
Alren: here is the text of the information on US Consulate at Chennai's website. Also the link for that page :
http://usembassy.state.gov/chennai/wwwhivdocument.html#photos
All those who have applied for the GC after 26th July please confirm this.
Note: Effective immediately side view photograph for immigrant visa applicants is not needed anymore.
As I said that I have't gone through the chennai website.

This looks strange. Cause are they going to have straight face photo in the physical GC? I guess we will have to see.

alren said:
This looks strange. Cause are they going to have straight face photo in the physical GC?

{Even I feel the same as my Physical card has the immigration style photo (side pose) }

I guess we will have to see.

vm1214,

Was your interview date after July 26, 2004 ? The reason I am asking you is because on the website this is the date that has been mentioned. Also the US Consulate Mumbai website says the same - i.e. new photo requirement.

Is signature required for Fee receipt

Does anyone know if my signature is required for sending the fee bill to St.Louis ? I've already sent the lawyer the money order for fees so they can send it when the fee bill is received.

KovaiGC, intezar_imtehan and others for whom fee bill was generated on 08/23 - have you or your agent received the fee bill yet? My attorney has not yet received it - as of this morning.

snm65 said:
KovaiGC, intezar_imtehan and others for whom fee bill was generated on 08/23 - have you or your agent received the fee bill yet? My attorney has not yet received it - as of this morning.
No, not yet. As such my lawyer is very inefficient and it takes them 2-3 days to open their mail :)
based on cptracker it seems like 2 weeks is average for the fee bill to be received.

Just heard from my lawyer that he received the Fee Bill today. He has promised to send it out either today itself or latest tomorrow. KovaiGC and intezar_imtehan, your respective lawyers should have also recd the fee bill or will receive it shortly.

fee bill received

My fee bill was received and sent yesterday
I140 AD 07/26/04 TSC
NVC case created 08/13/04 Chennai
NVC feebill 08/23/04
NVC feebill recd and sent 09/08/04

To CP Gurus,
How does one find out if fee payment has reached St.louis facility? Also how do we know that the check has been encashed? Is it by calling the same NVC number?

snm65 said:
To CP Gurus,
How does one find out if fee payment has reached St.louis facility? Also how do we know that the check has been encashed? Is it by calling the same NVC number?
I believe the message on the NVC# (603) 3340700 will change (same number)
You can call your bank and ask if the check has been encashed. Looking at cptracker it seems like 7-10 days for NVC to get the notification from the time St Louis receives.

To all,
I did check the NVC AVM this morning and did get a message to the effect that my fee bill has been recd by NVC. Now I am waiting for P3. I have in the meantime filled in mine and my family's P3. Thought will share this information with other member of the forum who are at a similar stage.

P3

Hi SNM65,

You have mentioned that you have already completed P3 information. Could you let me know what are the forms enclosed in P3.

Ghat72

Ghat72,

What I wanted to mention was that I have filled in the DS230 Part I and Part II for me my wife and my son. I believe this is all P3 contains (from what I have gathered from this forum). Hope this helps.

To all,

I just got this message from the NVC AVM : "Waiting for biographical information". My question is Does this mean that NVC at NH has been notified by St.Louis and the P3 is on its way? Experts please give you inputs.