I140 Approved in June/July 2004 and CP at Chennai

Same boat

I have the same message and what i gathered from the forum was that the P3 is on its way

/S

NVC message has been changed to "fee bill was received"
Waiting for P3 to be generated.
I140 AD 07/26/04 TSC
NVC case created 08/13/04 Chennai
NVC feebill 08/23/04
NVC recd feebill 09/14/04

To all CP Gurus,

I have a few questions as I am filling up my DS230 Form from me and my family:

For Question No : 22 - For self : Do I list the current employment too or only previous to the sponsor's employment including work experience in India?
For Wife : Should I state the her work experience in India?
For Question No 23 : For Self and wife : Should we include all educational institutions including school (Before 10th class)
For Son : Should I mention the school he went to in India?
For Question No 21a. Should I include my daughter who is a US citizen among the list of people accompanying me to the US? Or just stick to only list the applicants?

Your inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

snm65 said:
To all CP Gurus,

I have a few questions as I am filling up my DS230 Form from me and my family:

For Question No : 22 - For self : Do I list the current employment too or only previous to the sponsor's employment including work experience in India?

{You need to list the current employment also, and go back for what ever
number of years and list all other employers}

For Wife : Should I state the her work experience in India?

{It should not really matter, but to be accurate, it is better to include
that aspect. Carry relavant paperwork to the consulate, to show
that she left the job in the proper manner}

For Question No 23 : For Self and wife : Should we include all educational institutions including school (Before 10th class)

{May not be necessary. There is no clear instruction on this. However
including only from Junior college will be sufficient. }

For Son : Should I mention the school he went to in India?

{Doesn't hurt, just to be accurate.}

For Question No 21a. Should I include my daughter who is a US citizen among the list of people accompanying me to the US? Or just stick to only list the applicants?

{You need to include her name and may be mention 'Holder of US Passport' in brackets....}

Your inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

{my responses}

Raju

Raju, One other question - sorry abou that - My wife studied away from home and stayed in a college hostel for a period of 3 years (though not continously). Should I list this period in the list of places stayed for over six months? If yes, will there be a PCC required from that place?

snm65 said:
Raju, One other question - sorry abou that - My wife studied away from home and stayed in a college hostel for a period of 3 years (though not continously). Should I list this period in the list of places stayed for over six months? If yes, will there be a PCC required from that place?
From your earlier postings, it looks like you are stationed in US. Unless those 3 yrs. are out in a country other then India/US, U do not need to get the PCC from India (i.e., those places in 3 yrs)

Alren,
Thanks for you reply - yes you assumption is right - the 3 years in college was in India and the only other place she has lived is the US. I guess then from your reply, PCC from the Indian consulate at the US is sufficient.

To all CP Gurus,

First of all - let me say I am sorry to come up with so many questions on DS 230. Hopefully this would be the last instalment :rolleyes:

First : For the dependents DS 230 Part II Question No 29 : Name and addrss of the petitioner should I put my company's name and address.

Second : For my son's for should I sign and if so should I use any notation like "By father and gurdian" ?

Thanks in advance

snm65 said:

Yes. You will list this study period in the Education details section. But as
alren pointed out she is not required to produce a PCC from that city.

By virtue of your present residence in US the only PCC you and your wife
will need is the one issued by a nearest Indian Consulate.

Raju

snm65 said:
To all CP Gurus,

First of all - let me say I am sorry to come up with so many questions on DS 230. Hopefully this would be the last instalment :rolleyes:

{I will tell you what I FEEL is right}

First : For the dependents DS 230 Part II Question No 29 : Name and addrss of the petitioner should I put my company's name and address.

{ Write your company's name and address with the following in brackets

(Sponsor for Mr.xxxxxx ( Husband or Father as the case may be) }

Second : For my son's for should I sign and if so should I use any notation like "By father and gurdian" ?

{You may sign and note 'Father and Natural Guardian' }

Thanks in advance

{my responses}

Raju

DS 230 Issue:

While I am filling up the DS 230 Part I , I came across this situation :
The Location you enter for Question No 22 is automatically being entered for Location for Question No 25. And if you change one the other is getting updated. Has any one noticed this or is it something with the form I downloaded?

I got the form form http://travel.state.gov/Publications/DS-0230.pdf

snm65 said:
DS 230 Issue:

While I am filling up the DS 230 Part I , I came across this situation :
The Location you enter for Question No 22 is automatically being entered for Location for Question No 25. And if you change one the other is getting updated. Has any one noticed this or is it something with the form I downloaded?

I got the form form http://travel.state.gov/Publications/DS-0230.pdf
Snm,
I faced the same problem. I left both questions blank and then filled the location on the print out by hand.
My lawyer might get this typed up again but at least I made sure they had all the information.

NVC sent P3

NVC status has been updated to "Awaiting return of biographic information from lawyer".
I-140 AD 07/26/2004
NVC case created 08/13/04
NVC P3 created 09/21/04

My message changed on 09/14 to "Awaiting return of biographic information from lawyer" but the lawyer has not received the forms yet. Will it be any day now??

NVC status has been updated to "Awaiting return of biographic information from lawyer".
I-140 AD 07/09/2004
NVC case created 08/13/04
NVC P3 created 09/21/04

thanks,
spb999