I140 Approved in June/July 2004 and CP at Chennai

kovaiGC said:
Hi Snm65,

Did you mention your high school, higher secondary in DS 230 Part 1?

Please let me know.

Thanks...
KovaiGC,

I did not mention my school history. I started from Degree and like I said it was the same way it was mentioned in my Labor application. So I just stuck to that.

To All CP Guru's,

We need to send only DS230 PartI along with Barcode from Packet3 to NVC/St.Louis.right? Can I send it via UPS over night pls?

can someone please let me know if there is any other documents/ info which I have to provide at this time.

Thanks & Regards,
Jeetu

Jeet0404 ,

To share my experience, I sent only the DS230 Part I along with the bar code sheet and no other document to NVC. Also there is no mention in the instructions that you cannot send it by overnight mail. So I see no reason why you should not.

To All.

I had sent out my P3 and it reached NVC on the 5th of Oct - Is there anyone out there who sent out the P3 around the same time and have had their review completed?

To all CP guru's,

I sent my P3 to NVC on 10/13/2004. Is there a way where I can check whether it has received to St.Louis or not? Is the NVC's voice message going to change or do we have to call the operator pls?

Regards,
Jeetu

jeet0404,

from what i have gathered on this forum, the NVC message change takes anywhere from 7-10 business days after receiveing your packet. did u overnight the P3 or priority mail...that wud give u a good estimate to start the 7-10 day counter. good luck:)

still waiting for my turn:)

jeet0404 said:
To all CP guru's,

I sent my P3 to NVC on 10/13/2004. Is there a way where I can check whether it has received to St.Louis or not? Is the NVC's voice message going to change or do we have to call the operator pls?

Regards,
Jeetu

You would have sent the packet 3 to Portsmouth, New Hampshire office of NVC and not to St. Louis.

The message will change to indicate that the review is in process and it usually quotes about 8 weeks as the time needed for this review.

But, for most of the cases the review takes only 2 to 3 weeks.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
To all,

Just thought I will share this information - I had sent out my P3 and it reached NVC on the 5th of Oct. The review was completed on 10/18. ;)

Thanks for your response praytx, Raju.

Praytx, I sent my P3 overnight...so I have to wait few more days..I will sit tight :)

Raju, you are correct. I sent my P3 to Portsmouth,NH.

Just now I heard that they have received my P3. The message has changed to 'it will take 6 to 8 weeks to complete the review'.

Regards,
Jeetu

jeet0404,

Sit tight - it takes about 10 working days for them to complete the review. This timeline is from my experience. BTW, which consulate are you going to?

SNM,

I think you went to NY City to get your PCC..right? If so, can you please let me know what is the procedure and what doc's do I have to carry along with me etc etc? How about parking near embassy / consulate pls? Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jeetu

joining the list

Folks,

Here are my updates. Case review completed OCt 6. P3 Sent to Chennai Oct 15. Waiting for chennai to create the case.. Will it be a January interview date??

M160

m160 said:
Folks,

Here are my updates. Case review completed OCt 6. P3 Sent to Chennai Oct 15. Waiting for chennai to create the case.. Will it be a January interview date??

M160

More than likely yours would be a January interview, with a slim chance remaining for December.

Raju

Yeah Raju.. Thats what i guessed based on the dates..

A quick question.. I didnt have my BC in the right format. So I applied and received my BC recently. Will the date on which the BC was issued matter during the interview??

M160.

m160 said:
Yeah Raju.. Thats what i guessed based on the dates..

A quick question.. I didnt have my BC in the right format. So I applied and received my BC recently. Will the date on which the BC was issued matter during the interview??

M160.

It does not. The consulates are aware that most of the candidates are obtaining these birth certificates specifically for the interviews and the dates are current.

Raju

Jeet0404,

For the PCC application here is the link - http://www.indiacgny.org/documents/1078419149_content.pdf.

The documents you need will be your passport and the passport of any other person you are applying PCC for. Fees is payable in cash which is $20 per application. If you do not have your current visa extension stamped on the PP you will have to carry the extension notice too. Also carry a photocopy of all the documents you are carrying.

If your latest PP was issued in the US then you can expect to get the PCC within a week else you will get if after 30 days.

Since I live in NJ I took the train to Penn and then took the subway (F train to 63/Lexington - which is close to the consulate) Hope this information helps.

Same as m160

M160,
Mine and your dates are exactly the same
Case review complete on Oct 6th
Case sent to consulate on Oc 15th

Most likely a Jan interview but again there is a chance for December.
Im planning to send an email to Chennai IV on Oct 25th
so that we can see if we can get squeezed into Dec 15 to Dec 31st time frame for interviews it will still be after 60days case was sent to consulate.

/S