I140 Approved in June/July 2004 and CP at Chennai

To all those who subscibe to this thread,

Do we rename this thread to "Likely CP Interview in Dec-04/Jan05" based on the progress made by many subscibers to this thread? Is it possible to rename it at all so that we can keep all the information at one place?

Please give your inputs.

renaming the thread

Snm,
I guess you can just start a new thread when your interview date is scheduled. Your case seems to be the leader for this pack..I am counting on you to get the dates in dec or jan.
Maybe when you start the new thread you post a link to this thread in the first post.

Hi Could anybody advise me. If it is possible to choose Canada for AP. I have canadian PR but I have not yet moved to Canada and how long is the waiting time there.

Thanks

rdb said:
Here are my details:

I140 Approved on 12th July 2004.
NVC received the case on 21st July. Case is not yet created.

Opted for Chennai, trying to change it to Montreal(I have received the canadian PR card).

redbluff said:
Hi Could anybody advise me. If it is possible to choose Canada for AP. I have canadian PR but I have not yet moved to Canada and how long is the waiting time there.

Thanks
I'm assuming you mean CP and not AP. I would think you would be eligible for Canada. But apart from the travel, there would be no significant time difference between CAnada and India.

CP Gurus,

What do you mean when you say "Keep a copy of the fee bill receipt when you go for the interview" ? How do I get one? I have a photcopy of the cashier's check that was sent to NVC - is this what people normally mean?

snm65 said:
CP Gurus,

What do you mean when you say "Keep a copy of the fee bill receipt when you go for the interview" ? How do I get one? I have a photcopy of the cashier's check that was sent to NVC - is this what people normally mean?
Your attorney might have it.

Try not to show it off ... because it is not supposed to be photocopied. Keep it for extreme backup purpose.

Ds-230

All CP guru's,

In the instructions of DS230, it mentioned that "Complete one copy of this form for yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you.". I am assuming one for myself and one for my wife. Is that true? Please advise. As I just started filling up DS230 form, I will shoot my questions soon. Will also ask about PCC questions once I go through this site. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Regards,
Jeetu

Jeet0404,
That is right - you will fill in one form for every individual for whom the fee has been paid.

To all CP Gurus,

I have just received the Packet 3 from my lawyer. The Packet contains only one bar coded sheet for me and my family. Is this right or did NVC by mistake send only one instead of 3 ( one for me, my wife and my son) individually? Would appreciate your inputs.

snm65 said:
To all CP Gurus,

I have just received the Packet 3 from my lawyer. The Packet contains only one bar coded sheet for me and my family. Is this right or did NVC by mistake send only one instead of 3 ( one for me, my wife and my son) individually? Would appreciate your inputs.

It will be just one sheet. You need to place this on top of all the other
documents and send it back.

Raju

Raju,
Once again thank you very much - at this point I just wanted to add that you have been more informative and helpful than my attorney. Your timely inputs have made this journey a lot easier than it would have been otherwise.

Thanks SNM.. NVC recieved my fee reciept . I think I have to gear up things from now onwards.

Regards,
Jeetu

DS 230 Part1 Q's

All CP guru's,

Don't know whether these are simple questions or not. But I have bunch of doubts as I went through DS-230 Part1. Here are my questions.

1. Step 1: If I don't have a middlename, should I leave that as blank or do I have to write " N/A " pls?

2. Step 2: Do we have to write full name in Native Alphabet (ie Telugu, Kannada etc??) pls?

3. Step 9: Including present marriage, I have been married ______times. Do I have to mention "one" if it is one or it will only be for ppl who married couple of times??

4. Step 10: As I don't know what my permanent address is.. should I give my friends address as his address is going to be permanent pls?

5. Step 16: If deceased, give year of death.. I assume we should mention "N/A" when we have our parents..right?

6. Step 20: we have to write the places where we lived after age 16 begin with present address. So I should write 09-2002 To PRESENT or ?? please advice.

7. Step 22 & 23: I need couple of extra lines in these steps..so should I write in a white paper mentioning step number or do I have do add another DS-230 and fill the rest on that extra DS-230 ?? Please advice.

8. Step 25: Give INS "A" number if any. Whats that INS "A" number pls?

Didn't I get too many questions.. please bear with my questions if they are dumb :( .

Regards,
Jeetu

To all CP Gurus,

Only after reading the above from Jeet0404 did I realise that I had not completed Q 20 fully - meaning I listed only the places I stayed in India - that is before coming to the US. I did not list the places I have lived in the US. Has anyone done this before and what would be the impact of this?

jeet0404 said:
All CP guru's,

Don't know whether these are simple questions or not. But I have bunch of doubts as I went through DS-230 Part1. Here are my questions.

1. Step 1: If I don't have a middlename, should I leave that as blank or do I have to write " N/A " pls?

{Write 'None'. This is because I believe the consulate likes this term more
than N/A }
2. Step 2: Do we have to write full name in Native Alphabet (ie Telugu, Kannada etc??) pls?

{It would not hurt if you write in your Native alphabet like Telugu or Kannada. However you can also leave this blank or simply write 'None' }

3. Step 9: Including present marriage, I have been married ______times. Do I have to mention "one" if it is one or it will only be for ppl who married couple of times??

{Mention the number of marriages. If it is one , it is one}

4. Step 10: As I don't know what my permanent address is.. should I give my friends address as his address is going to be permanent pls?

{You have the option of using your friend's place. Be aware that your
Plastic Card will also arrive there}

5. Step 16: If deceased, give year of death.. I assume we should mention "N/A" when we have our parents..right?

{Yes }

6. Step 20: we have to write the places where we lived after age 16 begin with present address. So I should write 09-2002 To PRESENT or ?? please advice.

{Start with the present address and go back till your 16th year}

7. Step 22 & 23: I need couple of extra lines in these steps..so should I write in a white paper mentioning step number or do I have do add another DS-230 and fill the rest on that extra DS-230 ?? Please advice.

{That is right!. Use an extra sheet of white paper, clearly marked at
the top with the item number, description, your case number, and
present the data in the same format as you find on the DS 230}

8. Step 25: Give INS "A" number if any. Whats that INS "A" number pls?

{'A' Number is the Alien Number and at present you would not have one.
In this space write "H1 Visa # ' }

Didn't I get too many questions.. please bear with my questions if they are dumb :( .

Regards,
Jeetu

{my responses}

Raju

Raju595 said:
{my responses}

Raju

Raju,
i have a request during DS230 -part2 what should i write in 29 column,
for me and my wife.
i hope u replied somewhere.
but one of my friend who got GC told me that i should write my name and address where i am living in USA.but u mentoined that i should write my employer name which is correct.please clarify me.

i appreciate ur reply..
Thanks
VJ

Raju,

Thanks for your detailed response. I think I didn't ask this question properly

Q: Step 20: we have to write the places where we lived after age 16 begin with present address. So I should write 09-2002 To PRESENT or ?? please advice.

{Start with the present address and go back till your 16th year}

My point is..lets say I been staying in present address to begin with as from 09-2002 to till now. (ie 09-2002) That should be my present address "From date". What should I write in "To date"?. Hope I explain it lil bit detail. Please let me know if I didn't explain well.

ex: "Albany"......"New York" ...... "USA" ..... 09-2002 To ??? ( is it present or ??).

Thanks & Regards,
Jeetu

Hi Raju, Alren and ....

I have a question regarding filling item 20 in DS 230 Part 1. Please help...

20. List All Places you have lived atleast 6 months..

Situation:
Though I was living in another state , for records/payroll I maintained my company Guest House address for the past 2.5 years. Since company Guest house is vacated they are changing the records to my current address.

Question:
How do I need to fill item 20 in DS-230 Part I? Do I need to show both the addresses with overlapping dates? Will this be an issue during the interview?

Please help, I would sincerely appreciate your thoughts..

Thanks..