I140 Approved in June/July 2004 and CP at Chennai

To all CP Gurus,

Is there a pattern in which NVC assigns case numbers ? The reason I am asking is - looking at CPTracker, I am not able to understand the time frame within which NVC is expected to assign a case number. Does the category (like eb3, eb2) play any role?

snm65 said:
To all CP Gurus,

Is there a pattern in which NVC assigns case numbers ? The reason I am asking is - looking at CPTracker, I am not able to understand the time frame within which NVC is expected to assign a case number. Does the category (like eb3, eb2) play any role?
I do not believe that there is a pattern not does it depend on the catetory. Expect NVC to assign a case anywhere from 2-6 weeks from 140 approval date.

NSC 140-CP processing time ?

Any 140-CP approvals from NSC, whats the processing time ? for CP applications. Any e-filers ?

Thanks Puhrince, I just wanted to get a feel from those who got approval. Thats why chose this forum

Hi,
I-140 Approved July 26, 2004, TSC, CP at Chennai Consulate.

I know that it takes an average of 6-7 months for interview date from this time. It so happens that in my case, my wife is pregnant and is due end of Jan, which is 6 months from now. Can we postpone our interview to May/Jun 2005. Any ideas from someone who has had a similar experience.
Thanks in advance

buzz_rama said:
Hi,
Can we postpone our interview to May/Jun 2005. Any ideas from someone

{Yes, you can postpone your interview only once your name and number is announced for interview with the consulate not before that, So my advise would be let the normal NVC process takes place and when you get your interview date call the consulate which you belong and let them know your situation via phone and email, then they will do the rest }

who has had a similar experience.
Thanks in advance

To all,
I just wanted to share this info - finally my NVC case was created on 08/13. My I140 was approved on 047/14. It took about 30 days for the case to be created.

My I-140 was approved on Aug 5 th and i choosed CP ,how do i check if my case was created at NVC ?

Thanks
Naveen

Call the NVC no. and follow the options, eventually enter your 140 no. and you will get your case no. after that.

Gurus,

Can anyone let me know what kind of documents are needed for Packet 3?

NVC - AVM says Case created on Aug 13th and said if needed we can fax / contact them for address change.

My question is will NVC contact lawyer or will send information to us? Any ideas?

I would appreciate if any of you can answer my questions.

Thanks..

kovaiGC said:
Gurus,
My question is will NVC contact lawyer or will send information to us? Any ideas?

{It will be sent to lawyer's office, as he is still acting on your behalf }

Thanks..

To all,

I just wanted to add this - I moved before my I140 was approved. Soon after the move I filed the Form AR 11. However when I called NVC just this morning, the operator told me that she has the same old address. So those of you, who have moved and filed AR11, it may be a good idea to call NVC and make sure your address is current on their records.

snm65 said:
I just wanted to add this - I moved before my I140 was approved. Soon after the move I filed the Form AR 11. However when I called NVC just this morning, the operator told me that she has the same old address.

AR 11 will never change the address on file for individual case communications.

Alren,

What kind of communications an individual will get from NVC? In my case I-140 has my company guest house address, since nobody is there now my company is planning to vacate that.

Should I call NVC and update my current residential address? or should wait for packet -3?

I would appreciate your reply.

Thanks