I need advice regarding Naturalization

You're worried about a dismissed citation? You were never arrested, so you have no criminal record. A record of an old dismissed citation is not the same as a criminal record.

Stop worrying about a dismissed citation from 2004.

Anyway, if they ask me at the interview whether I had any tickets, and I say "no" as in my application, won't they consider this as a lie????

You never were presented with a ticket at the time of the incident, not were you ever knowingly charged with anything. The landlord likely filed a property damage claim against you just in case you decided not to pay for the damage. You paid for the damage, and the citation was dismissed.
You're not expected to disclose any claims against you that weren't aware of at the time.

You're worrying way too much. If your accent isn't so thick that people are unable to understand, you'll be fine.

They grant some leeway for your own wording as long as the content of the answer is correct. And you only need to get 6 out of 10 answers correct, so even if they mark you wrong for 1 or 2 questions because they didn't accept your modified wording you're still OK if you can answer the others well enough to get 6 right. And even if you fail to get 6 out of 10, you can retake the civics test at a later date without paying the fee or being fingerprinted again.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's about my first question - do they usually schedule interview after the 5 year anniversary?

Thanks. Until recently I was pretty confident that my English is very good - at least teaching and various meetings & conference calls are going fine, nobody complains... Would IO be more stringent regarding accent than my faculty peers, students, and research projects sponsors??? I just pray that migraine attack does not happen during the interview, though this is unpredictable and, unfortunately, unpreventable.

What's about my first question - do they usually schedule interview after the 5 year anniversary?

You really are worrying too much! You are a university professor who has no problems communicating with her students and colleagues - your accent will not prevent you from passing the English section of the exam. As you've mentioned earlier, most immigrants who came here as adults have some type of accent. If having an accent resulted in automatic failure of the English exam, can you even imagine how many reports of failed interviews would be posted on this website?

Based on your previous posts, you have a very straightforward case. I recommend taking a few deep breaths and relaxing in a comfortable armchair with a cup of tea - you have absolutely nothing to worry about! :)

Thanks. Until recently I was pretty confident that my English is very good - at least teaching and various meetings & conference calls are going fine, nobody complains... Would IO be more stringent regarding accent than my faculty peers, students, and research projects sponsors??? I just pray that migraine attack does not happen during the interview, though this is unpredictable and, unfortunately, unpreventable.

I would say same thing as other posters have suggested - accents shouldn't be a issue at all. I know many people in their old age and it was very difficult for them to even remember those 100 questions and still they passed without any issues so for cases like yours, I doubt if it would become an issue at all.

In my experience, IO was very friendly and didn't try to put me in uncomfortable spot at all. so don't worry about accent part at all.

Not sure but if at all interview is scheduled b4 your 5 yr anniversary, they would put your case under RFE status and once 5 yr anniversary is reached, they would put it back in regular queue. To be on safer side, apply 80-85 days before your 5 yr anniversary (not 90 days before).

I sent N-400 form 86 days before the 5-year anniversary, which will be on May 02. Why should they put me on RFE?

The poster above didn't describe the possible issue clearly enough. In some jurisdictions the processing is so fast that some people go from application submission date to interview in as little as 70 to 80 days. So if you apply earlier than 70 days before the 5-year anniversary, there is the possibility of being interviewed before the 5 year anniversary. If that happens, they can't approve you on the spot, they must put your case on hold until you've reached or passed the 5 year mark. When they do that, you might see the online status change to RFE, but it's not really RFE it's just being placed on hold.

Of course, you have to hope that if they put the case on hold, it doesn't collect dust and remain on hold for months and months. Fortunately there is a section of the law known as 1447(b), which mandates USCIS to decide your case within 120 days after the interview, and you have some recourse to force them to expedite the processing if it's still pending after 120 days post-interview.

Have I missed anything important that the other people take to the interview?
That list should be more than enough, unless you've had extended travel outside the US in the past 5 years. Don't show all those documents to the interviewer. Whatever you show, show it only if the interviewer specifically asked for it, or if the interviewer appears to not be believing or understanding something you're saying and you feel a particular document would clarify or prove your verbal answer.

My son's file will contain all the same, except for marriage & divorce certificates. We got a letter from his temporary part-time employer (we missed to mention this fact in his N-400 - he is a full-time Univ. student).
They won't ask for that. They're not concerned about legal part-time jobs done by full-time university students. For completeness he can tell the interviewer about that job since it was omitted from the N-400, but they won't ask for any proof of it.

Do we need to get letters from his former high school and his present University where he studies? Does he need to provide his student ID card?
Nothing from high school. It's also very unlikely he'll be asked for anything from his university either unless it's a university outside the US or outside the state of his primary residence (your state of residence is normally considered to be his state of residence if you're supporting him financially while he studies).

Minor traffic violations, tickets, citations, and court dispositions

Deleted

Indeed, I am two inches shorter than indicated in my DL. I indicated my true height in the N-400 application and in the form which I filled in at the FP. Now I am afraid this mismatch could cause a problem. Any ideas what to do?

You are obviously doomed.

Are you trolling or do you have a mental disorder with all this worry?

Wow, you are professional worrier!

A the interview they're not going to make you stand up at a wall and measure your height. As long as you're in the ballpark they won't care. Height can vary by an inch based on spinal compression, and non-high heel shoes can add another 1 or 2 inches, so even if they measured you a 2-inch difference won't matter.