I-751 GC Remove Conditions - Vermont Center April 2013

Hello!!

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum . Hoping to get some peace of mind through the recent I-751 we jointly filed. I guess as someone rightly stated, all we have to do is wait and wait some more. We filed at CSC in late jan, received 1 year extension, biometrics completed.

Am I free to travel internationally (assuming that my new gc doesn't arrive by then?)? Any specific rules/restrictions that I have to beware of? I would highly appreciate any insight, the wait seems too long.

thanks guys! :)

Traveling while I-751 is still pending

Hello hope_123,

The extension you received clearly allows you to travel and work while your I-751 petition has not been adjudicated yet. I have not traveled abroad myself when I have my case pending but friend of mine traveled during the extension time and he had no problem coming bank. The immigration and customs people just held him for about 10 minutes at the airport to verify the information.

I hope that helps you.

Take care!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mbadran. Relieved to know. I was a little afraid because some forums on other websites have negative information on how people were stranded blah blah. This is the only website i found to contain a lot of positive news. lol. Thanks again :)

Hey dune88,

Thanks for helping out and we do need people like you to guide and help the future applicants :)
Glad to know you got your GC!

Hey Bro. I filed I751 last year June but just received my notice of card production. Also from Vermont Service Center.
But i applied for my green card without a lawyer and this site helped my out ALOT!! If it wasn't the guys and gals on here, i would've had to shell out extra for a lawyer. Now people i know are asking me for help!! Long live this forum!! Good luck to you!!

Welcome to the group mbadran :)

Hi All,

This is my first post to this forum. I have read a lot and it sounds like we can get lots of good information from this site so I wanted to share mine.

I applied for the I-751 with Vermont Center exactly ninety days before the expiration of my 2-years conditional Green Card. I read many posted talking about the expected delay in the processing time. However, I know that we should get the biometrics letter almost two weeks after we receive the receipt notice. After waiting almost 8 weeks, I called the national customer service center and opened a service request regarding not receiving the biometrics notice. They got back to me about one week later with a biometrics notice scheduled in late April. What surprised me is the response to the service request letter mentioned: “Your case is currently in SUSPENSE until you complete this process”; however, I never received any other notice from them regarding the biometrics. I just do not understand why they suspended the case because of non-delivery notice from their side. Anyway, I still have 13 more days to go to have my biometrics taken. I will update you when it happens.

From what I read above, it sounds like if I go to the service center with my extension letter and explain my situation, they may let me do the biometrics right away, however, I will wait these 10 days anyway. No big deal!

What I also got from many of you in this forum and from other forums and posts, it is just big waiting game that will take about 6-8 months to receive the permanent Green Card.

Receipt number in the biometrics notice is different from the one on the original notice

Hello,

Update on my case. I had the biometrics done yesterday as I said before. I have a question. Since I got my I-797 (notice of action) about a week after I sent the package on the mail, I keep checking the case status online with the case number on the I-797 and it does not show up. I know sometimes there is a delay on uploading the cases to the online processing status tool.

However, I was checking today and I noticed that the case number on the biometrics letter (I-797C) is different from the case number in the I-797. When I checked the case number (the one on the biometrics letter I-797C), I see there is status for my case with a CRI89 language in it. The last update happened on the case was only three days after the date on the I-797 notice, which make me assume the status of my case was available from day one. I did not know about that since I did not have the case number on the I-797C until I got the letter almost two months after I filed.

I am not sure why I have two case numbers now, the one on the I-797 still doesn't show any update, the one on the biometrics letter (I-797C) shows a status (which is “initial review").

Does anybody had the same issue?

Thanks!

Hi All,

This is my first post to this forum. I have read a lot and it sounds like we can get lots of good information from this site so I wanted to share mine.

I applied for the I-751 with Vermont Center exactly ninety days before the expiration of my 2-years conditional Green Card. I read many posted talking about the expected delay in the processing time. However, I know that we should get the biometrics letter almost two weeks after we receive the receipt notice. After waiting almost 8 weeks, I called the national customer service center and opened a service request regarding not receiving the biometrics notice. They got back to me about one week later with a biometrics notice scheduled in late April. What surprised me is the response to the service request letter mentioned: “Your case is currently in SUSPENSE until you complete this process”; however, I never received any other notice from them regarding the biometrics. I just do not understand why they suspended the case because of non-delivery notice from their side. Anyway, I still have 13 more days to go to have my biometrics taken. I will update you when it happens.

From what I read above, it sounds like if I go to the service center with my extension letter and explain my situation, they may let me do the biometrics right away, however, I will wait these 10 days anyway. No big deal!

What I also got from many of you in this forum and from other forums and posts, it is just big waiting game that will take about 6-8 months to receive the permanent Green Card.

mbadran,

the only case number to use to check your status is the one on the biometrics form. Don't worry about the other one.

Updated mt timeline. I did my biometrics early yesterday, without any problems.

Has anyone sent in their I-751 with new last name?

I-751
Vermont Service Center03.23.13 - package sent
03.25.13 - package delivered
03.29.13 - check cleared
04.01.13 - received 1 year extension dated 03.26.13
04.11.13 - received Biometrics notice for 04.29.13
04.26.13 - Biometrics done (walk in)
04.27.13 - Case available online - "in initial review"

I have not receive the receipt of I-751 and the check is not cashed. is there a phone number to call

Is there anybody in the same situation like me? I sent my I-751 package on April 11 and it was delivered on April 14th. It has been two weeks and I have not received the receipt. The check was not cashed either. What should I do? Is there a phone number I can call?

Updated mt timeline. I did my biometrics early yesterday, without any problems.

Has anyone sent in their I-751 with new last name?

I-751
Vermont Service Center03.23.13 - package sent
03.25.13 - package delivered
03.29.13 - check cleared
04.01.13 - received 1 year extension dated 03.26.13
04.11.13 - received Biometrics notice for 04.29.13
04.26.13 - Biometrics done (walk in)
04.27.13 - Case available online - "in initial review"

Hello,

Update on my case. I had the biometrics done yesterday as I said before. I have a question. Since I got my I-797 (notice of action) about a week after I sent the package on the mail, I keep checking the case status online with the case number on the I-797 and it does not show up. I know sometimes there is a delay on uploading the cases to the online processing status tool.

However, I was checking today and I noticed that the case number on the biometrics letter (I-797C) is different from the case number in the I-797. When I checked the case number (the one on the biometrics letter I-797C), I see there is status for my case with a CRI89 language in it. The last update happened on the case was only three days after the date on the I-797 notice, which make me assume the status of my case was available from day one. I did not know about that since I did not have the case number on the I-797C until I got the letter almost two months after I filed.

I am not sure why I have two case numbers now, the one on the I-797 still doesn't show any update, the one on the biometrics letter (I-797C) shows a status (which is “initial review").

Does anybody had the same issue?

Thanks!

The case number on the ASC notice is the one you use to check the status online. I can't recall, but I think my wife's case received a soft-touch (no update changes) a couple of days after she went to ASC. However, that is the start of the waiting game.

My wife filed her I-751 in Jan 2012. Went to ASC in early Feb 2012, and then NOTHING until the end of September. In September we moved and I had my wife update her address online a week before we officially moved, for both the master database as required by law and the case. The following Tuesday, three days after her address with updated, I received the text and email that the case was approved. She called USCIS customer service on Thursday of that week and asked where her card was being sent. The first-level agent transferred her to an actual IO. The IO said the address that they had in their system was our new address and that is where the card is going to go. On Friday of that week she received the approval letter at the new address and the card the next day at the new address.

What service center did you mail it to?

The only public number to call USCIS is the 800-375-5283 number.

I sent to the Vermont Center. I called the 1-800 number yesterday. I was told a 30 days waiting period for the confirmation letter is normal. I don't know about it. It seems like Vermont center sent out confirmation letter very quickly.

What service center did you mail it to?

The only public number to call USCIS is the 800-375-5283 number.

I just got the confirmation letter with one year extention.

My application was sent on April 11th, and delivered on April 14th. The confirmation letter was dated on April 16th. It took them a while to send the letter out. I don't think they cash the check yet though. Thanks for the attention :)

I sent to the Vermont Center. I called the 1-800 number yesterday. I was told a 30 days waiting period for the confirmation letter is normal. I don't know about it. It seems like Vermont center sent out confirmation letter very quickly.

Hello,

I sent in my I-751 application back in October of 2012, did biometrics about a month and a half later, and now 7 months later I finally got a response from them and its an RFE letter. Very disappointed to say the least considering these are the documents I already sent: Tax Statements for 2011, Bank Statements for almost 2 years, joint car title, joint car insurance, utility bills in both of our names, life insurance showing spouse as beneficiary, a lease agreement for one year from when we lived by ourselves, and pictures of holidays and vacations we took together. I thought this was strong enough evidence but I guess not. Now all I can send them again is a new car title, new car insurance, Tax Statement for 2012, a new bank account statements and a cell phone bill. Everything in both of our names of course.

Do you guys think that will be enough? We now live with her parents, so we have no lease agreements, or also don't have any kids to show. We are both in our early 20s and going to college, so not really many financial documents to show like 401k's or wills and things like that. I really hope the new evidence will be enough. But I would appreciate any thoughts from someone that maybe has been in a similar situation.

Thanks a lot. This forum has helped me a lot from the beginning and everything went smooth until now :(

My I-751 process timeline

I-751

Vermont Service Center 04.27.13 - package sent
04.29.13 - package delivered

My I-751

Just sent my application to Vermont at 4/22/13 and they recieved it at 4/25/13.

I have not recieved my NOA yet. Hopefully soon. They have not cashed the check either. Some nervousness in the air here :D

no need to be nervous. I got my confirmation letter 3 weeks after they received my package.

Just sent my application to Vermont at 4/22/13 and they recieved it at 4/25/13.

I have not recieved my NOA yet. Hopefully soon. They have not cashed the check either. Some nervousness in the air here :D

Something got done

Ok , VSC Cashed my check last Thursday 5/9/13 and i recieved my NOA with one year extention Friday 5/10/13. Not so nervous anymore , you were right .

same boat.

Hello,

I sent in my I-751 application back in October of 2012, did biometrics about a month and a half later, and now 7 months later I finally got a response from them and its an RFE letter. Very disappointed to say the least considering these are the documents I already sent: Tax Statements for 2011, Bank Statements for almost 2 years, joint car title, joint car insurance, utility bills in both of our names, life insurance showing spouse as beneficiary, a lease agreement for one year from when we lived by ourselves, and pictures of holidays and vacations we took together. I thought this was strong enough evidence but I guess not. Now all I can send them again is a new car title, new car insurance, Tax Statement for 2012, a new bank account statements and a cell phone bill. Everything in both of our names of course.

Do you guys think that will be enough? We now live with her parents, so we have no lease agreements, or also don't have any kids to show. We are both in our early 20s and going to college, so not really many financial documents to show like 401k's or wills and things like that. I really hope the new evidence will be enough. But I would appreciate any thoughts from someone that maybe has been in a similar situation.

Thanks a lot. This forum has helped me a lot from the beginning and everything went smooth until now :(

We're in the same boat. Early 20's, still in college, living with the in-laws. I mailed my renewal package today and included about the same to CSC. Bank statements, School bills, car bills, car insurance, medical bills, and pictures. I wish you the best, I'd appreciate it if you kept me posted on your case.