I-751 GC Remove Conditions - Vermont Center April 2013

We're in the same boat. Early 20's, still in college, living with the in-laws. I mailed my renewal package today and included about the same to CSC. Bank statements, School bills, car bills, car insurance, medical bills, and pictures. I wish you the best, I'd appreciate it if you kept me posted on your case.

I think it also depends on how easy your I-485 case was and the evidence that you submitted at the time of your I-485.

Yes, USCIS keeps everything that you send to them, so if you had a very good I-485 case then it would assist a possible weak I-751 case. When we filled my wife's I-751 over a year ago we included pictures from our ceremonial wedding in her home country (we were officially married by a court clerk here in the US, but her parents wanted to do a traditional ceremony there that happened months later), pictures from our honeymoon, a letter from our property manager saying that we have lived there since 2006 and the amount we were paying in rent, a HIPPA letter from my wife's insurance company showing both of us on her insurance, one or two bank statements showing a joint account (there wasn't a lot of money in there since it was an account we didn't use a lot), tax transcripts for 2009 and 2010, copies of my passport info page and the pages where I had my entry and exit stamps when I visited my wife's home country. Personally, I though it wasn't enough for a I-751. However, we had overwhelming amount of evidence for the I-485 so that evidence was also considered when the I-751 was reviewed. Might be one reason that it takes so long because the file needs to be obtained from archives.

Now when my wife filed her N-400 for Citizenship back in December we only sent what was required in the initial evidence as required on the instructions. She also took the documents required for the interview based on the checklist that was sent with her interview letter. However, the officer had her entire immigration file at the citizenship interview, so the officer never questioned or requested to see my US Citizenship documents since copies where already in her file (sent with the I-130 and I-485), and were marked as seen the originals by the officer that did her I-485 interview. (My wife was applying based on the resident for 3-years and married to a USC rule).

I-751 and the biometrics

hi everyone this might be a 'stupid' question but i just want to be sure .I have to send my I-751 form in a few weeks and im not sure if a have send just one check or two ..one for the form I-751 and one for the biometric fee ? and where ? if two checks both in the same place ? thank you in advance :cool:

hi everyone this might be a 'stupid' question but i just want to be sure .I have to send my I-751 form in a few weeks and im not sure if a have send just one check or two ..one for the form I-751 and one for the biometric fee ? and where ? if two checks both in the same place ? thank you in advance :cool:

No that is not a stupid question, since you don't want your filling to be rejected due to not paying the fees correctly.

You would write one check that covers both the form and the biometric fee. Currently both come to $590. (Please download the latest instructions from www.uscis.gov/i-751 before you file to make sure the fee hasn't changed.) So you would write ONE check for $590 made payable to the "US Department of Homeland Security". In the memo line of the check write I-751, your name and your A#. I usually paperclip all my documents in the following order: check, form, cover letter (if any), supporting evidence. Personally in terms of the check, I prefer to use a cashier's check since those are backed by a US bank and in it also protects you since whoever process the check doesn't have your account information.

In terms of mailing your I-751 you would mail it directly to the California Service Center or the Vermont Service Center based on the state that you live in. Personally when ever I mail anything to USCIS, I always use Post Office Priority Mail which includes tracking.

One last thing: According to www.uscis.gov/i-751 the only version of the form that will be accecpted after June 15 would be the 4/11/13 edition. The edition date is located in the upper right hand corner of the first page.

We're in the same boat. Early 20's, still in college, living with the in-laws. I mailed my renewal package today and included about the same to CSC. Bank statements, School bills, car bills, car insurance, medical bills, and pictures. I wish you the best, I'd appreciate it if you kept me posted on your case.

I sent the RFE package today, and I included tax returns, car title, car insurance, bank statements, phone bill, and some college transcripts and loans information. Hopefully it will all be enough, so we don't have to go to the interview. I thought all the stuff I sent them would be enough, I've seen people get approved with a lot less, but I guess it depends who handles your guess. Either way, fingers crossed.

I sent the RFE package today, and I included tax returns, car title, car insurance, bank statements, phone bill, and some college transcripts and loans information. Hopefully it will all be enough, so we don't have to go to the interview. I thought all the stuff I sent them would be enough, I've seen people get approved with a lot less, but I guess it depends who handles your guess. Either way, fingers crossed.

I think the amount of evidence needed for I-751 is also dependent on how much or little evidence for the I-485 is already in your file. We didn't send a lot of evidence in for the I-751, but we had basically sent in a binder worth of info for the I-485. I think the I-751 is reviewed with both the latest evidence and the evidence that already in the file.

Hi All,

glad to know some progress going at VSC :) Congratulations to @gsuo on your GC extension! It's always nice to hear something before you anticipate, looks like it took 4.5 months for you to get GC :) Hope everyone gets the same timeline.

I sent my application to VSC on May 7th and they received on may 8th.
May 15th -check cashed
May 22nd- one yr extension letter
May 23rd - biometrics appt for June 19th
May 31st - walk-in biometrics done :)
Now the waiting game starts :)

How's ur process going induz ?

I still have not received my Biometric appt letter
I have called 3 times and they say I should wait
I dont know where to find the phone number for my local USCIS office in hackensack NJ

------------------------------------------------------------------
03/27/2013 - Got my Biometrics done
06/24/2013 - Still waiting for the approve status
08/01/2013 - it will be 6 months after I first sent all the paper work

How's ur process going induz ?

I am on the same boat as you, my friend. Did my biometrics on the day it was scheduled (I don't remember the day and I've seem to misplace the receipt). Haven't heard a peep since and the case is still not showing on the website. Just have to wait it out now.

I am on the same boat as you, my friend. Did my biometrics on the day it was scheduled (I don't remember the day and I've seem to misplace the receipt). Haven't heard a peep since and the case is still not showing on the website. Just have to wait it out now.

@induz - your case wont show up online with the case number you get with your extension. After your biometrics, they stamp your receipt with a new case number, which you can use to check your case online. You might want to try and get your updated case number.
Good luck.

@induz - your case wont show up online with the case number you get with your extension. After your biometrics, they stamp your receipt with a new case number, which you can use to check your case online. You might want to try and get your updated case number.
Good luck.

@musicaa - Thank you! I will try to find my receipt for the biometrics. That's what happens when you have to wear a thousand layer of clothings on a winter day and have a million pockets to keep the receipt. Haha... If all else fail, I'll give them a call about it.

Hope you have been doing well :)

Good luck.

@musicaa - Thank you! I will try to find my receipt for the biometrics. That's what happens when you have to wear a thousand layer of clothings on a winter day and have a million pockets to keep the receipt. Haha

Hope you have been doing well :)

I sent in my i751 app on Monday by USPS Priority mail to Vermont since UPS wont deliver to a PO Box. So today I get a notification that it was refused. I called the USPS customer service and they just say it as REFUSED. No other comments. This is certainly very annoying as now they will ship the packet back to us and we will have to try again. Has anyone had any issues like this?

How did everyone send in their packets? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Clock is ticking and dont want this getting delayed.

I sent in my i751 app on Monday by USPS Priority mail to Vermont since UPS wont deliver to a PO Box. So today I get a notification that it was refused. I called the USPS customer service and they just say it as REFUSED. No other comments. This is certainly very annoying as now they will ship the packet back to us and we will have to try again. Has anyone had any issues like this?

How did everyone send in their packets? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Clock is ticking and dont want this getting delayed.

Did you receive notification from the Post Office or USCIS that the package was refused?

Also: According to www.uscis.gov/i-751 the only version of the form that will be accepted after June 15 would be the 4/11/13 edition. The edition date is located in the upper right hand corner of the first page.

Did you receive notification from the Post Office or USCIS that the package was refused?

Also: According to www.uscis.gov/i-751 the only version of the form that will be accepted after June 15 would be the 4/11/13 edition. The edition date is located in the upper right hand corner of the first page.

I called the Post Office and they simply said that the package was REFUSED. No other messages. Its not very helpful when all they said it was REFUSED. They didnt even open it. I used the correct form for it. Its being sent back to me and I will try overnight this time as I have lost precious time over this :(