I-751 GC Remove Conditions - Vermont Center April 2013

Hey guys,

got some good news today. I received an email saying that my case has been approved and my card is in production. I should receive it within the next 30 days.

So happy that the process went by so fast. Good luck to everyone else and I hope I will see you guys next year for the citizenship process.

About time musicaa!!! Congratulations. Hopefully the same bunch will be applying for citizenship next year and we can all get together again.

Congrats musicaa :)

Good to see one by one getting their GC :) I am still waiting on mine.
Congratulations to all got GC and see you all next year for citizenship process and good luck to everyone who are applying/waiting for GC like me :)

Hey guys,

got some good news today. I received an email saying that my case has been approved and my card is in production. I should receive it within the next 30 days.

So happy that the process went by so fast. Good luck to everyone else and I hope I will see you guys next year for the citizenship process.

Im Back

About time musicaa!!! Congratulations. Hopefully the same bunch will be applying for citizenship next year and we can all get together again.

Grats to all those familar names and friends on your progress. such as Induz and Musicaa et al.

We are 6 weeks behind in doing the 751 process, we should have filed July 1st but we still feel we should be okay for getting the 10 year done soon.

The plan is to send in the 751 form and check with some evidence such as joint bank account, copies of ins cards, tax returns to VT and copies of IDs with same surname on monday via overnight mail.

As Musicaa suggested we are taking this chance to shange her name on the 10 year GC as all other ids and ss card have the same surname.

We will keep you all posted on our progress, last as usual.......lol.

Guess we will see most of you in the fall of 2014 for the USC process.

Cheers.

I think it also depends on how easy your I-485 case was and the evidence that you submitted at the time of your I-485.

Yes, USCIS keeps everything that you send to them, so if you had a very good I-485 case then it would assist a possible weak I-751 case. When we filled my wife's I-751 over a year ago we included pictures from our ceremonial wedding in her home country (we were officially married by a court clerk here in the US, but her parents wanted to do a traditional ceremony there that happened months later), pictures from our honeymoon, a letter from our property manager saying that we have lived there since 2006 and the amount we were paying in rent, a HIPPA letter from my wife's insurance company showing both of us on her insurance, one or two bank statements showing a joint account (there wasn't a lot of money in there since it was an account we didn't use a lot), tax transcripts for 2009 and 2010, copies of my passport info page and the pages where I had my entry and exit stamps when I visited my wife's home country. Personally, I though it wasn't enough for a I-751. However, we had overwhelming amount of evidence for the I-485 so that evidence was also considered when the I-751 was reviewed. Might be one reason that it takes so long because the file needs to be obtained from archives.

Now when my wife filed her N-400 for Citizenship back in December we only sent what was required in the initial evidence as required on the instructions. She also took the documents required for the interview based on the checklist that was sent with her interview letter. However, the officer had her entire immigration file at the citizenship interview, so the officer never questioned or requested to see my US Citizenship documents since copies where already in her file (sent with the I-130 and I-485), and were marked as seen the originals by the officer that did her I-485 interview. (My wife was applying based on the resident for 3-years and married to a USC rule).

Good news, I got my approval notice in the mail saying my card should arrive within 60 days.... I sent my i751 to CSC and received a reply much quicker than the 4.5 months I expected... they received my package may 21st and i got the letter today aug 29th.
I hope to see you all again soon when we apply for USC!!!!!

transfer of case from Vermont to California

Hi. This is my first post on this forum. It looks like an excellent source of information.

My wife recently sent in her I-751 to the Vermont Service Center, and she received her extension of conditional resident status in July. She now just received a Notice of Action (I-797C) that her case is being transferred to the California Service Center.

Can anyone provide any information on this? I see that people are typically waiting a number of months before they receive a decision (or that they need an in-person appointment or a request for more evidence), so that is expected. However, I'm not sure whether the transfer of the case means anything significant. Please provide any feedback. Thanks for any perspective on this.

posts on this issue on another forum thread

Now I see in another forum thread that several people say they're cases have been similarly transferred. It sounds like processing may be faster at the California center, so that would be a good thing. I'd welcome any responses as to whether this is correct or there are other reasons for the transfer. Thank you.

Hi. This is my first post on this forum. It looks like an excellent source of information.

My wife recently sent in her I-751 to the Vermont Service Center, and she received her extension of conditional resident status in July. She now just received a Notice of Action (I-797C) that her case is being transferred to the California Service Center.

Can anyone provide any information on this? I see that people are typically waiting a number of months before they receive a decision (or that they need an in-person appointment or a request for more evidence), so that is expected. However, I'm not sure whether the transfer of the case means anything significant. Please provide any feedback. Thanks for any perspective on this.

Hi All,

It's been a while I logged in. Even my case was transferred from VSC to CSC. It's been 4.5 months and no further progress :(
Hopefully I hear something from CSC.

Please keep us posted if anybody gathers any info reg., this transfer from VSC TO CSC.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Now I see in another forum thread that several people say they're cases have been similarly transferred. It sounds like processing may be faster at the California center, so that would be a good thing. I'd welcome any responses as to whether this is correct or there are other reasons for the transfer. Thank you.

Confusing i-751 receipt notice

Hi everyone, I am totally new here. After submitting my I-751 petiton I received the receipt notice. However, the first paragraph is somewhat confusing. It states :

"Your conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year. During the one-year extension you are authorized employment and travel. (This extension and authorization for employment and travel does not apply to you if your conditional resident status has been terminated.)"

My question is, why the words in the parentheses ? If my conditional resident status is extended, then why even mention about what does not apply to me ? Can someone advise, please ? Thanks.

Has your conditional permanent residence been terminated? If not you have no reason to worry. If you want to worry about how USCIS words their letters, knock yourself out.

Hi everyone, I am totally new here. After submitting my I-751 petiton I received the receipt notice. However, the first paragraph is somewhat confusing. It states :

"Your conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year. During the one-year extension you are authorized employment and travel. (This extension and authorization for employment and travel does not apply to you if your conditional resident status has been terminated.)"

My question is, why the words in the parentheses ? If my conditional resident status is extended, then why even mention about what does not apply to me ? Can someone advise, please ? Thanks.

is this normal?

I got married in mid-2010, got conditional greencard (see timeline below). I-751 sent since June 2012. I finally have update today (after 7 months!). Request for Additional Evidence in the mail. They said the documents I sent were not enough. I sent everything from 2012 and 2011, I thought that was a lot. But they want to see documents from 2010, when we first got married as well (lease, bills, bank accounts etc.) They want documents from the ENTIRE time that we've been together. Well I don't mind, I'll send them asap, it's just I thought I sent those old stuff since the first time I applied for green card in 2010. Now they want those stuff AGAIN!

Does anyone know how long it'll take from the time I send these additional documents to the time we get a decision? I'm so tired of waiting.

I'm just posting my experience here so people can avoid my mistake. You have to send all bills/tax forms/lease/bank account documents etc. from the ENTIRE time you know each other.

Timeline:
06/2012: sent I-751
07/27/2012: biometric appointment date
01/25/2013: received RFE letter

Now they want those stuff AGAIN!

Does anyone know how long it'll take from the time I send these additional documents to the time we get a decision? I'm so tired of waiting.

I'm just posting my experience here so people can avoid my mistake. You have to send all bills/tax forms/lease/bank account documents etc. from the ENTIRE time you know each other.

I thought they keep the stuff on file? i submitted mine and they kept it. Im due to remove the conditions as its my 90 days window but i havent got anything from back then as they had it, ive only been collecting stuff over the last two years!!!

Hi All,

Finally I received my approval notice :) Although my case was transferred to CSC but I got approval letter from VSC. One step closer now. Catch you all next year when we apply for citizenship. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks,
Immig4us

hi

Hi All,

Finally I received my approval notice :) Although my case was transferred to CSC but I got approval letter from VSC. One step closer now. Catch you all next year when we apply for citizenship. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks,
Immig4us

Big congratlation buddy when did u sent ur i751 ?
i sent mine on I751 AS WAIVER there were decision on oct 20 but still i am waiting for letter may be next weak i will get any good or bad news..can u plzz tell me when they approve they gonna send approval letter 1st than green card???
they did asked me for any thing nor interview

br

Thanks nadirqbal.
I did sent mine sometime May 2nd week. It took longer than what I expected because case transfers etc.,
You will get first approval notice via mail and then green card. What interesting was they never sent a text/email about the case update, they directly sent notice via mail. So I would suggest everyone to keep an eye on their mailbox.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Big congratlation buddy when did u sent ur i751 ?
i sent mine on I751 AS WAIVER there were decision on oct 20 but still i am waiting for letter may be next weak i will get any good or bad news..can u plzz tell me when they approve they gonna send approval letter 1st than green card???
they did asked me for any thing nor interview

br

Thanks nadirqbal.
I did sent mine sometime May 2nd week. It took longer than what I expected because case transfers etc.,
You will get first approval notice via mail and then green card. What interesting was they never sent a text/email about the case update, they directly sent notice via mail. So I would suggest everyone to keep an eye on their mailbox.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Thank you so much i didnt find any one who approved as a waiver? yet