I-751 GC Remove Conditions - Vermont Center April 2013

immig4us

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

This forum helped me a lot while applying my GC through my spouse US citizen. Now I am back after 2 years to apply I-751 GC remove conditions. I hope I can get the same help and support from the people applying the same. I need to apply on April 2013 which will be 90 days prior to my original date. I'll be applying to vermont center. Please joing if anybody applying in the same time frame and lets start step by step process.

Thanks again to this forum and looking forward to get same help and hope it goes smoothly the whole process for everyone.

Let me know what all steps to be taken to apply I-751 form.

Thanks!

immig4us

I got married in mid-2010, got conditional greencard (see timeline below). I-751 sent since June 2012. I finally have update today (after 7 months!). Request for Additional Evidence in the mail. They said the documents I sent were not enough. I sent everything from 2012 and 2011, I thought that was a lot. But they want to see documents from 2010, when we first got married as well (lease, bills, bank accounts etc.) They want documents from the ENTIRE time that we've been together. Well I don't mind, I'll send them asap, it's just I thought I sent those old stuff since the first time I applied for green card in 2010. Now they want those stuff AGAIN!

Does anyone know how long it'll take from the time I send these additional documents to the time we get a decision? I'm so tired of waiting.

I'm just posting my experience here so people can avoid my mistake. You have to send all bills/tax forms/lease/bank account documents etc. from the ENTIRE time you know each other.

Timeline:
06/2012: sent I-751
07/27/2012: biometric appointment date
01/25/2013: received RFE letter

Hey - I remember you! How have you been? I am getting ready to apply my I751 too. Was just getting everything ready except for the affidavit.

I will be applying in the CA center.

Good luck on your I-751 application.

As others might have mentioned the I-751 process is nothing more then a big waiting game, especially with Vermont. However, your Conditional Permanent Resident status will be continued while the I-751 is processing. You will receive a receipt notice which will also serve as a extension letter. The receipt/letter extends the GC for one year. Both documents need to be used when proving the right to work and travel during the time the I-751 is processing.

As mentioned we jointly filed my wife's I-751 in January 2012 (a year ago) and she had her ASC appointment in early February 2012. We didn't hear anything from Vermont till the end of September 2012 when they notified her the I-751 was approved. She received the letter one day and the card the next in the mail.

Hey induz_

Good to see your message :) I am doing good...How have you been? You helped a lot with your prompt responses in applying GC 2 yrs back. Now back again with I-751, hope everything goes smoothly. Wish you good luck in your process :)

Hey - I remember you! How have you been? I am getting ready to apply my I751 too. Was just getting everything ready except for the affidavit.

I will be applying in the CA center.

Thanks a lot dhulnar for your response. All this process is a big waiting game as you mentioned. Hope Vermont center speed up their process.

Good luck on your I-751 application.

As others might have mentioned the I-751 process is nothing more then a big waiting game, especially with Vermont. However, your Conditional Permanent Resident status will be continued while the I-751 is processing. You will receive a receipt notice which will also serve as a extension letter. The receipt/letter extends the GC for one year. Both documents need to be used when proving the right to work and travel during the time the I-751 is processing.

As mentioned we jointly filed my wife's I-751 in January 2012 (a year ago) and she had her ASC appointment in early February 2012. We didn't hear anything from Vermont till the end of September 2012 when they notified her the I-751 was approved. She received the letter one day and the card the next in the mail.

Good luck with your process O753I951. I hope everything goes fine for you. It will be great if you share us the checklist like what all documents you sent, that will help us as well.

Btw, did you send yours to Vermont? Keep us posted with your process.

Thanks!

I sent off mine today : 1/28/13
It is scheduled to arrive: 1/30/13

Thanks f1study for sharing your experience. It will be really helpful for prospect members who apply I-751. I hope everything goes fine with your RFE and rest of the process. Good luck!

I got married in mid-2010, got conditional greencard (see timeline below). I-751 sent since June 2012. I finally have update today (after 7 months!). Request for Additional Evidence in the mail. They said the documents I sent were not enough. I sent everything from 2012 and 2011, I thought that was a lot. But they want to see documents from 2010, when we first got married as well (lease, bills, bank accounts etc.) They want documents from the ENTIRE time that we've been together. Well I don't mind, I'll send them asap, it's just I thought I sent those old stuff since the first time I applied for green card in 2010. Now they want those stuff AGAIN!

Does anyone know how long it'll take from the time I send these additional documents to the time we get a decision? I'm so tired of waiting.

I'm just posting my experience here so people can avoid my mistake. You have to send all bills/tax forms/lease/bank account documents etc. from the ENTIRE time you know each other.

Timeline:

I sent my package on 1/31/2013. They received it on 02/01/2013 and today I see they cashed the check.

I'll put something together to track the progress and update here soon.

I only send documents "after" I got my green card, will there be a problem?

Timeline:

Good luck with your process, _induz. Please do share us your checklist which will help us.

I sent my package on 1/31/2013. They received it on 02/01/2013 and today I see they cashed the check.

I'll put something together to track the progress and update here soon.

Good luck with your process, _induz. Please do share us your checklist which will help us.

Here is what I sent in my package. Not an extensive and finite list but you will get the idea. Some people suggest putting in photographs of places you have visited. I did not do that because I think these evidences should suffice. If not, I will wait for the RFE ;)

Please go over the I-751 several times. Fill in N/A or None in all fields where appropriate. Do not leave any fields blank. And don't forget to have both your signatures on the form. Something which is easily missed.

Cover sheet
I-751 and copy of the GC
Check for $590
Tax returns for 2010 and 2011
Copy of the lease and renewal for our apartment
Joint back accounts’ summary from Chase Bank.
Affidavit from 2 friends
Copy of the lease for a commercial property
Copy of Health insurance cards
Copy of the tickets of a vacation we took in 2011
Joint car registration from the DMV
Car insurance summary for the past 2 years with both our names as insured

Received my NOA today with the case # and the condition residence extended for another year.

1/31/2013 - Package mailed
2/1/2013 - Delivered
2/4/2013 - Check cashed
2/9/2013 - NOA received

Mailed packet: 1/28/13
It is scheduled to arrive: 1/30/13
NOA and extension: 2/1/13
Check Cashed: 2/6/13
Biometrics appointment letter: 2/9/13

My appointment is scheduled for: 2/27/13

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot, _induz :) I really appreciate for sharing the checklist with us.
For affidavits, do we need to notarize them?

Thanks again.

Here is what I sent in my package. Not an extensive and finite list but you will get the idea. Some people suggest putting in photographs of places you have visited. I did not do that because I think these evidences should suffice. If not, I will wait for the RFE ;)

Please go over the I-751 several times. Fill in N/A or None in all fields where appropriate. Do not leave any fields blank. And don't forget to have both your signatures on the form. Something which is easily missed.

Cover sheet
I-751 and copy of the GC
Check for $590
Tax returns for 2010 and 2011
Copy of the lease and renewal for our apartment
Joint back accounts’ summary from Chase Bank.
Affidavit from 2 friends
Copy of the lease for a commercial property
Copy of Health insurance cards
Copy of the tickets of a vacation we took in 2011
Joint car registration from the DMV
Car insurance summary for the past 2 years with both our names as insured