• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

high school diploma prob

Princedriss if u have a masters u will be fine. When u get approved please come back and tell us so
As I said, my opinion is CP will mosl likely be a success after proof of unobtainability of hs diploma is obtained or he would disclose that he does not have hs education. That is AOS that would fail if no hs education was obtained.

better quit first_time. raevsky will always come with the same explanation "he would succeed doing AOS but not CP" or the other way around. instructions for DV are simple and clear AND the same for both CP and AOS. he will never give up just for a sake of having the last word.
Princedriss just do your job, go to the interview and dont even look at this nonsense. I told you already that nobody I know was asked about hs diploma if he/she presented university degree (also from US).

You're right Dziecka. raevsky is lucky my keyboard isn't working, i can't type as much as i want.
Princedriss you'll be fine. AOS or CP, whichever. U don't even need "proof of unobtainability". lol. just do as Dziecka says and carry your university diploma.

I have read all these posts (some I skipped over when I saw the author) and wish you all the best at your interview, you will be fine. With your level of undergraduate and post graduate education it's my opinion it will more than ok for their criteria. It's unfortunate that the efforts of some folks to appear wise in the ways of looking things up on the internet can confuse and upset others in the their quest to always appear right.

You are at the final leg of a tremendous journey - take everything that is positive with you, literally and otherwise.

Q

I have read all these posts (some I skipped over when I saw the author) and wish you all the best at your interview, you will be fine. With your level of undergraduate and post graduate education it's my opinion it will more than ok for their criteria. It's unfortunate that the efforts of some folks to appear wise in the ways of looking things up on the internet can confuse and upset others in the their quest to always appear right.

You are at the final leg of a tremendous journey - take everything that is positive with you, literally and otherwise.
Q
Enough said :) Funny thing is whole bunch of us go through AOS and experience it first hand that "some" of the posts are utter nonsense, yet nothing can stand in front of a good conspiracy theory, not even the facts :)

Thanks guys for the great debate and advices , i will let u know of course my interview experience once i will be done from it in august or july, Thank u :)

instructions for DV are simple and clear AND the same for both CP and AOS
Simple, not so clear but very much different for AOS and CP. Because everything that is not regulated or almost not regulated by law have very much different interpretation by an agency

Some posters on this forum, to me, seem to spend their time arguing for the sake of arguing's sake, and not to contribute anything of value here. Habitually scanning through responses to find what you perceive to be faults and then quoting them with your own argument against them appears both pedantic and petty.

Just my opinion of course.

I believe this forum goes a long way in providing support, helpfulness and comradery from predominately lay people mixed in with those of professional experience. Lets not let it denigrate to one of bickering and constant attempts to pull down another in an effort to have the last say. That is neither constructive, helpful or polite, it comes across as quite arrogant in my books.

Q

Some posters on this forum, to me, seem to spend their time arguing for the sake of arguing's sake, and not to contribute anything of value here. Habitually scanning through responses to find what you perceive to be faults and then quoting them with your own argument against them appears both pedantic and petty.

Just my opinion of course.

I believe this forum goes a long way in providing support, helpfulness and comradery from predominately lay people mixed in with those of professional experience. Lets not let it denigrate to one of bickering and constant attempts to pull down another in an effort to have the last say. That is neither constructive, helpful or polite, it comes across as quite arrogant in my books.

Q

You are very right, and also very kind. I'd go ahead and say some people simply lie, and when it becomes obvious, they try to hide that through convoluted logic and whole bunch nonsensical excerpts from old documents by picking and choosing only the parts that seem to support them.

Again, from an 1995 document, in its entirety:

5. EDUCATION OR EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE

Each DV-1 principal must show that he or she has at least a high
school
education or its equivalent or, within the five years
preceding the date of application for adjustment of status, has two
years of work experience in an occupation requiring at least two
years training or experience. Although all applicants were
notified that they must be able to meet these requirements when
applying for adjustment of status or immigrant visa issuance
abroad, DOS has not pre-screened applicants. Principals who cannot
meet these requirements do not qualify for DV-1 adjustment of
status. Failure to qualify will necessitate denial of the
principal's adjustment application and the adjustment applications
of any DV-1 derivative family members.

EDUCATION
High school education or its equivalent means successful completion
of a twelve-year course of elementary and secondary education in
the United States or successful completion in another country of a
formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to
completion of twelve years' elementary and secondary education in
the United States. Passage of the "G.D.E." (General Educational
Development) test or its foreign counterparts will not meet this
requirement.

Primary documentation would be a certification of completion, such
as a high school diploma. School transcripts may also be used for
this purpose. In general, any documentation on this point will be
acceptable, provided that it was issued by the person or
organization responsible for maintaining such records and describes
with specificity the course of study completed.

Adjudicators may also accept college or university diplomas or
transcripts, unless the adjudicator suspects that the applicant did
not successfully complete a formal course of study comparable to
twelve year's elementary and secondary education in the United
States.
(For example, an "honorary" college degree or one based
solely on work experience would not be evidence of completion of a
formal course of elementary and secondary education.
)

Did anybody recognize the italicized parts? And the convenient omission of bold parts? No need to even mention the actual wording of the law that authorizes the DV program. Some people just can't be wrong. Leave them alone and they will go away.

This statement:
Adjudicators may also accept college or university diplomas or transcripts, unless the adjudicator suspects that the applicant did not successfully complete a formal course of study comparable to welve year's elementary and secondary education in the United States.
works for the full capacity of what it says about. It is not limited to the example in bold. It is as well the case if you do not have high school education or even if the adjudicator just suspects so

Last edited by a moderator:
qewty, well said. That last post was respectfully and intelligently worded.

aos13, thank u for your complete excerpt.

Best wishes to you both.

BTW. Interesting statistics.
For years the forum statistics did not show any cases of AOS with lack of hs diploma. This year we have several cases. It is a statistically significant number of cases, which makes me feel all those cases are related to each other. Possibilities:
1. They are actually one case
2. They are invented by one person
3. They are generated by one middleman.

Could be other possibilities. An important thought is they are all related to each other, they are not independent, as well as the nicks who posted them. I am not saying that is all one person. Could be different people, friends or relatives or coworkers (working for the same agent), or whatever. Pretty sure about that.

It is amazing how many junk posts they generate to fake the cases (what makes me feel they all do it for work - working for the same visa agent).

Last edited by a moderator:
Raevsky arent you the one with 'no assumption' policy?
You are making this forum hard to follow writing again and again and sayin a thing than changing and after that changing again...
Or repeating yourself in endless posts
Please let other make their own PV (points of view) and dont try to imprint yours to any other living being

Hi all,

I have actually 3 years experience and a bachelor and master from a US university, the problem is that i lost my original high school diploma and i cant have a new original one, am I gonna be accepted in the day of the interview ? knowing that i have with me my bachelor and master diplomas original ones ?

Pricnedriss, i had my interview yesterday. All went fine. The lady who was checking documents didnt even want to look at my HS diploma. The only one she wanted was my uni degree. That's not only the prove of you education level but also that you didnt lie in your application.

Pricnedriss, i had my interview yesterday. All went fine. The lady who was checking documents didnt even want to look at my HS diploma. The only one she wanted was my uni degree. That's not only the prove of you education level but also that you didnt lie in your application.

thanks man for sharing ur experience, so all goes good for u ? congrats bro :)

@Princedriss Dziecka its a 'sis' :D not a 'bro'...
Anyway...
@Dziecka please post your interview as we will like to have a 'look' on what your exp was like. Thanks

actually true. im a "sis". but yep princedriss - all went good. im supposed to pick up my passport by the end of this week. so no worries!! you'll be fine!
@hernica80, I am from Poland and this is where my interview was.