Georgia SESA Tracker

help needed

#4092 23rd July 2004, 12:15 PM
ek_akela
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2004

Help Needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks,
I stumbled on this forum and guess, what a pleasant surprise.
I have a question, I applied for GC around Sept 2003 thru my employer after late realization that my six years are gonna expire in nov 2004. I was told by my employer that they got the recipt sometimes in second week of Nov which makes me 7 days short of one year limit. Now after numerous calls he finally gave me the case ID. Now big question is how to confirm this case ID (GA032566)belongs to me and what to check for the status. I tried some automated Atlanta number which says this case ID doesn't exists or so. I am pretty much confused what to do next ??

ek_akela(utterly confused!)

Is PERM not same as backlog reduction regulations? What is backlog reduction regulation? Is it going to help us in our labor process?

Backlog reduction

Backlog reduction regulation changes will allow for the transfer of pending labor certification cases to centralized processing center/s to clear significant backlogs in labor certification cases. This not the same a PERM.

Mine State was approved on Jan 4th and my emp told its been sent for Federal proceeding.
I got the case ID no, how can I check my current status.

Thanks

Backlog reduction regulation

Is Backlog reduction regulation going to help us (move our labor application faster)? Is there any link on the web that talks more about Backlog reduction regulation? Please let me know if you know.

Backlog reduction is good news. How fast is it going to be is the question. I am glad that atleast something is happening. It will surely help those stuck up for years, for us, I guess, things just get better.
There is no plan announced. I am eager to see what the plan of action is. Even if we get backlogs cleared, there is a long wait for i140 and i485 and I am sure it will be longer as more applications flow to USCIS due to backlog reduction.
I have completely stopped thinking about it, just makes us feel uncomfortable.

Do any of you know if it is easier to get GC for a doc? My wife plans to do her Residency in 2005, preferably on a h1b. Are you aware of GC filing by hospitals or universities for Foreign Medical Graduates doing their residency?

quick update

I have been trying to call Atlanta AVM and everytime a ladyb asks me to fax my case ID so that they can send the update to my lawyer/cpmpany. I gave just a causal call again today and to my surprise they asked my case # and they did tell me that its been forwarded to US dept of Labour to certifying office on Jan 16 and she did tell that those are processing still April 2003 cases, but I will be knowing exact details once I call them. So folks, if you have been asked to fax your case ID by bet is keep calling them unless you find someone who would be kind enough to tell you the exact details:)

Hey, congratulations!

Can you post more details about your case, such as file date, receipt date, job category, etc.?

BTW, I am wondering how can you have the case # before sending to State Level? How do you get that case number if nobody tells you?

ek_akela said:
I have been trying to call Atlanta AVM and everytime a ladyb asks me to fax my case ID so that they can send the update to my lawyer/cpmpany. I gave just a causal call again today and to my surprise they asked my case # and they did tell me that its been forwarded to US dept of Labour to certifying office on Jan 16 and she did tell that those are processing still April 2003 cases, but I will be knowing exact details once I call them. So folks, if you have been asked to fax your case ID by bet is keep calling them unless you find someone who would be kind enough to tell you the exact details:)

Any News

What is happening.. Any new updates or approvals.. Anyone got or heard anyone getting GA SESA approvals?? Please keep this thread alive.

Am still waiting, and I guess everyone are. I think things will start improving soon.
I have a question. The salary stated on my LC is 20K more than I am earning, my lawyer told me that is the minimum wage a Programmer/Analyst application has to have gor GC but that need not be myu current salary, this is the salary I am supposed to get after 485 approval, it is the normal procedure and everyone follows that.
Is anyone aware of problems due to this. Offcourse 485 is years away, I have not been getting pay hikes after the company filed for my labor.

This happened to one of my colleges. His LC was filed with higher salary - $5k (as that was the current salary requirement for his position). And he was told that his salary will be increased to that amount when his 485 will be filed (and not when his 485 will get approved). But after his 140 approval, company did not give him the hike. His lawyer told him that without that hike, his 485 could not be filed. After 2 months of talks with management (where he tried to convince the management as it was only $5K difference - like dont pay be bonus or I will pay $5K out of my pocket etc) nothing happened and he was laid off in the next round of layoffs.

This is what I have seen. Nothing to discourage you or anything. Please make sure with lawyer (or others) that it is before 485 filing or after 485 approval that you need to earn the LC stated salary.
Thanks
Rajeev

My lawyer says it is only after 485, and it is not a thing I have to worry about at all. But these laywers are hawks. They can change their word anytime, they are commercial. I wont mind applying for Labor once again, it is just a couple of months more of wait. Anyway, I am going to take expert opinion on this, may cost me some $$$ but that is fine.
Thanks for the info Rajeev.

Why would they send our application to Dallas if Dallas is behind Atlanta. This does not make sense at all. The base of this BackLog Reduction Act is to reduce the backlog (i.e. send the application to the place where it can be processed faster than the current center) and sending the applications to Dallas will delay the process.

So, I am little doubtful about this news. Any other inputs?

I guess we will know in 10 more days when they update the processing times. I hope they start working on March 04 this month.

They are now processing March 2004 cases!

I received a notification from my laywer that my LC-RIR was forwarded to ATL DOL as of July 26. My ND was March 1. Just to let everybody in this thread know. :)