Georgia SESA Tracker

Good News!!

Here is the email that I received from our lawyer:

We received a notice from the GA Dept. of Labor stating that your labor certification applications have been forwarded to the US Dept. of Labor, Regional Office as of July 9, 2004.

Processing at the Regional office is taking about 16 to 18 months for processing. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Congrats

Congrats Mohants.. This is good news. You said it was approved on June 9 and today is July 14. Does it take that long for Attorneys to recieve letter from GA SESA?

Rajeev

approved on July 9th, not June.

I called my lawyer yesterday and they did not get anything. So I asked them to call the DOL and find out, but I got that email from the lawyers office today saying they have received the approval.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! I have updated the status file.

Could you please ask your lawyer if the notice from the Georgia DOL contains any case number (either GA case number or Atlanta regional case number)? I heard that they will issue a case number when case is transferred to Regional.

Rajeev, now only you and me are in this thread... :) This thread is strangely quiet. It seems not many people care... Anyway, hopefuly we will be able leave as soon as possible. :)

Rajeev, let's keep update our status, and encourage each other.

Thanks and I just sent an email to my lawyer and here is what they said:

No. They did not send a case #.

Hi All,
Am new to this forum, my Labor was filed at GA DOL on 3/31/2004 and GA DOL sent reciept as recieved on 04/05/2004. I think it is atleast 2 more months of wait for me to get it forwarded to Atlanta DOL

Chanduv

I have added your info to the status file...

In the GA receipt, did they give you a case number? It seems that both Rajeev and I did not get any receipts. Did your lawyer inform you that they receive a receipt from GA DOL?

Thanks.

Yeah I got a reciept number. It is GA040776, below is a snapshot from my lawyer's website

Case Status
Date Status
5/3/2004 Georgia DOL received L/C application on 04/05/2004; assigned Case No. GA040776.
3/31/2004 Filed L/C with the GA DOL, FedEx, #790102605104.
3/18/2004 Sent final ETA 750 Part A&B for signature
1/22/2004 Placed ad in 01/26/04 issue of ComputerWorld; Sent job posting
1/7/2004 Faxed draft of l/c
6/4/2003 Mailed H-1B approval notice to employee.
1/20/2003 Application recieved by the INS on December 6, 2002. Receipt number SRC-02-049-050123.
12/5/2002 Filed H-1B Petition with Texas Service Center via Express Mail.

Me too

Hello , My labor application(RIR)was submitted to GA SESA on March 25, 2004. Will update when I have more details.

Rajiv Seth, Mohants, allaboutgc, gc_likee are ya all in GA? Is any of your cases handled by Kapoor and Associates?

chanduv23 et al...
I am in Atlanta and my case in not being handled by Rajiv and Assoc. I have joined to get/give moral support from/to those in the same situation as me...

Really upset about my case

Hi, I am really upset.

I filed my case on April 5, 2004. Since then, nothing is heard back from DOL. I even worried that they might lose my application package. I checked the processing time every month. The GDOL seems to stop on Feburay forever!!

What is going on?? Anyone can provide me a phone number to State's LC unit?

Just called the Georgia DOL (State Level)

A lady picked up my call. She says she is processing May cases. Very encouraging!

Starter

Here are the phone info,

(404) 656-3163
(404) 656-3039 FAX

So they are processing May cases? I am kind of doubtful. Because if that were true, ours would already have been approved. Did the lady refer to just herself or the whole team? Thanks a lot.

My understanding

I also want to figure out why so many discrepancies. I have a coworker whose LC application was forwarded to regional office in September 2003, however, his receipt notice was received in February 2004.

The lady told me they have one person dealing with correspondents. That person might be slow. So, I guess the receipt is usually sent out far behind the time when case was forwarded to Regional Office.

These are my understandings. But, one thing is for sure. The lady said she is handling May cases.