Georgia SESA Tracker

Hi

can any of us get his/her lawyer to call Georgia DOL? As the lawyer can ask about a particular case, the lawyer must be able to get the most accurate info. For example, if the case has been approved but has not been forwarded to Atlanta regoinal, the lawyer will be told so.

I tried but was not able to conveince my lawyer to call. He told me to wait as the "official" published processing time is still "Feb 2004".

Thank you!

Starter

how did your coworker figure out his file was actually transferred to Atlanta in Sept 2003?

Was the receipt from Atlanta regional or from Georgia DOL? Thanks.

He called the automatic voice phone line to find that out. The receipt was notify him that the case was forwarded to regional.

My Lawyer,
(1) Does not respond to emails
(2) Does not talk to us
(3) His PA is extremely rough
(4) Replies via email after sending 10 emails, just says "I encourage you to look at our website and check your status"
(5) Does not see us when we go to his office.

Thats why I asked if anyone is dealing with the same lawyer as I am.

If the delay is just caused by the corrspondance, then it is definitely a good news as our applications are already sitting in Atlanta Regional office and at least we can save time for our Regional processing.

Have updated the status sheet with GC_starter's info.

I used to think Chanduv's lawyer is very good as he provides very detailed tracking info at his website. But...

Starter

A question for you.

For your coworker's case, if he checks the Atlanta AVM using the employer's phone number and finds one aplication was received by regoinal in Sep. 2003, how does he know it is his case? I mean it is very possible that it is another person's case (with the same company).

I am very confused as to how he can verify it is his own case.

thank you. By the way, I am planning to call georgia DOL this afternoon, and will let you know what I find.

We have so many mysterious feeling on the LC application. So, the best way is to go inside and find out what exactly is going on.

For my coworker's case, he is the first one and only one in the AVM now in my company.

Keep updating your findings!

allaboutgc said:
A question for you.

For your coworker's case, if he checks the Atlanta AVM using the employer's phone number and finds one aplication was received by regoinal in Sep. 2003, how does he know it is his case? I mean it is very possible that it is another person's case (with the same company).

I am very confused as to how he can verify it is his own case.

thank you. By the way, I am planning to call georgia DOL this afternoon, and will let you know what I find.

Just called Georgia DOL

Was told they are processing Feb 2004 cases...

Starter, did you use the same phone number 404-656-3163?

But one thing I want to mention is that I think my phone call rings several times at the office and nobody asnwered and then it was automatically transferred to a secretary. I am sure whoever I spoke to is a secratary instead of an officer.

She said: "THEY are processing Feb 2004 cases right now"
I asked "When can they finish Feb cases?"
She said: "We don't have that inofmration. THEY ONLY PROVIDE US on a month-to-month update."

So it is clear that she is not an officer, and the information she has may not be the up-to-date information.

Yes, the same number.

The lady I spoke to shouldn't be a secretary. She sounds knowing the things. She said she is dealing with the cases. She talked like " I am.....", not "They are ....".

Different people is giving different messages.

BTW, my coworker filed the application around June, 2003.

Perhaps, the best time to call is the morning time.

allaboutgc said:
Was told they are processing Feb 2004 cases...

Starter, did you use the same phone number 404-656-3163?

But one thing I want to mention is that I think my phone call rings several times at the office and nobody asnwered and then it was automatically transferred to a secretary. I am sure whoever I spoke to is a secratary instead of an officer.

She said: "THEY are processing Feb 2004 cases right now"
I asked "When can they finish Feb cases?"
She said: "We don't have that inofmration. THEY ONLY PROVIDE US on a month-to-month update."

So it is clear that she is not an officer, and the information she has may not be the up-to-date information.

I called and she asked me to send a fax and she will fax the status to my lawyer.
I faxed and am yet to hear from my lawyer.

called GA DOL again

And again was transferred to a secretary...

To all who are waiting here, can you check the AVM of Atlanta Regional office (404-562-2131) to see if any of your cases have been transferred there? You need to know the employer's phone number when he filled the ETA form. After get through the phone line, press 1 and then 2.

I was excited about the may "rumor", but now I become blue again... :confused:

Called AVM...

Hello all, I called Atlanta Regional Office to check if my case has been received and found out that it has not. I guess it is still with GA SESA.

Perm

Did you all see this news. PERM will start from Aug 21. Means we will have to take a decision about whether to stick with our old application or upgrade it to PERM. Any ideas?