From Jan.2002, police certificates from India are required..

MJ1

Did you call the consulate to check what they need for PCC? When I called\'em they said I need to obtain PCC from Indian Consulate

MJ1, There is no fixed format for PCC

I had sent my father to enquire about the PCC. The District Magistrates Office have their own format which when you submit your application, is sent to the local Police Station..
" We have gone through our records for in the Police Station location and have found no adverse records.."

This is the format which I am getting and am planning to take with me..According to them this is the format which is also submitted to the Regional Passport Office when you apply for a passport in India

wantAgc, MJ1 and others

Hi Guys,

I want to know did you guys all check the police certificate check box in OF 169 when you sent to the US Consulate. If yes then you will not hear anything from them as you are telling the Consulate that you have the PCC reqd. do you guys agree?

Yes i checked the PCC box on the OF 169 .. so sue me !

But it did say police certificates "if applciable".
At the point we sent it and even now , police certs are officially
unrequired for our case. ( ie lived only in India and USA )

GPV

In my forms, that check box is UNCHECKED. However, when I called the consulate last friday, they told me that I need to obtain PCC from Indian Consulate in US.

Vallabh Suresh and Co

Stop analyzing ..go to sleep . I m sure you have a long week ahead.
I m officially signing out of this thread.
I consider it a waste of time.
I just seem to be repeating myself over and over again .. that
there is still no "official word" from the consulate.
The tel operators have given different answers to different people.

if PP is issued by Indian Consulate, PCC is issued in one day

I called the Indian Consulate in New York and they said if the passport has been issued by the consulate and if it is for 10 years, PCC will be issued in one day. I\'m planning to take my PCC from the consulate and my wife\'s from the local police station.

Hey man your case is same as mine. I think this is the right approach.

So I am planning to take my PCC from here.

Although the lady I spoke to in CGNY today said that it takes about 30 days for the Indian Passport issued from India.
I am planning to file for my wife\'s PCC also if they do not insist on the original passport being deposited.
If we get it in time fine. Else I will try to get it from India.

Hey Suresh please see your personal mail. I would like to have a talk with you.

Sudhir

the lady I spoke to did not ask for original passport for my wife. she said they need it when they\'ve the PCC ready

That makes it so much easier.

My advise is to go ahead and file for wife also. We might just get it before we leave for India. It is worth getting it from here than bear the pain of corruption and hassles in India.

PCC Not required

To dau Morning I called Chennai consulate, I spoke t o lady there, She said PCC is not required from india, and Also she said I need to get PCC form Singapore where I lived More than Six months. I asked her three times, finally she said It is not at all required, we do not have any official informaion on that do not go by romours.

is it clear guys.

So now be cool , do not get panic by roumors spread around.

Hey man cool it off. This might be true for Chennai only.

I have spoken to Delhi Embassy 2 times already. Last one was yesterday night. He confirmed that for EB category who have stayed in India and US only, U need a PCC. No questions about it. So lets not discuss and rediscuss this again and again.

Lucky for Channai guys if u do not need this. But this is the harsh reality and lets face it.

Called Chicago Indian consulate for PCC

Lady mentioned PCC will take 3 months!!
I am not kidding!
I plan to get one from Indian police station.
Good luck to all
MJ1

SudhirKumar

Hi SudhirKumar ,

What number did you call for CGNY? I always get the voice mail.

Thanks!