From Jan.2002, police certificates from India are required..

PCC NOT REQUIRED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My lawyer has called the US consulate on Sunday night and after n number of attempts she was able to reach the US CONSULAR only after threatning that she will report their behaviour to state Deptt( Guess they were shit scared )

As per the lawyer and her talks with US consular their is no PCC required and even if ther is there has to be a process put in place.

SO GUYS HAVE FUN

No. You don\'t need any other document except photocopies of passport, one Indian passport style pho

for each applicant which you can download from indian consulate SFO website.

Just take your original passport which they will check to verify your photocopies.

Thanks
Vishal

Yes. They will give you a receipt. They told me to contact them after 30-35 days

because my/wife\'s passport was issued in india. In case, they get PCC done sooner, they would contact me at my res. number.

Thanks
Vishal

Congrats man...At least you can have a sigh of relief. I was reading your post regarding H1 expired

& extenson receipt with yourself...Actually its not a problem. one of my friend had the same case & he did his CP successfully.

Thanks
Vishal

It\'s not difficult to get PCC from India. Couple of days.

My Dad enquired in India. And this what he explained to me. Half of them who apply for PP in India get their PCC for speeder process. Police Dept. has separate people who work on this on routine basis. If you go the writer in Police Dept., They will issue in couple days. Hundreads of people does that on daily basis.
So far, 10 people from Chennai conformed as PCC Not Required for Jan.02. Although I am not convinced that we may need for Jan.02, I am p0lanning get it in India. Guys work on it rather getting scared than scaring other people. Good Luck to all of us.

Superman, your thoughts make sense. It won\'t bite at last, if we get PCC done & consulate

doesn\'t see it at the time of interview. But, definitely it will give us sign of relief while appearing for interview.

Thanks
Vishal

sudhirkumar, do you think the following experience has improved in ny..

please reply..
sb20 "My experience of Indian PCC... BIG RISK!!!" 8/14/01 10:09am

OK. Another confirmation from Chennai that PCC not required

I was very specific in my case (EB, only US and India, have visited other countries max 2 weeks). And the answer was no.

I also checked for my fiance who is in India. They said to send her packet 3 in and then they would say if anything else is required. Meaning.... if PCC was required then they would intimate us personally once they review our pkt 3.

Atleast Chennai folks should relax I guess.

PCC FROM LOCAL POLICE STATION AND PCC FROM PASSPORT OFFICE REQD. FOR DELHI CP FROM JAN 2002.

Guys I spoke to Delhi US Embassy about 15 minutes back in detail.

They have confirmed the following :
1. PCC from Indian Consulate in US will not work.
2. TWO PCC\'s are required from India - 1 from Local Police Station (My guess it is address in passport) and 2nd from Passport office. No exceptions.
3. Fees can be paid in DOLLAR Cash.
4. My interview date is not yet assigned. I had P3 in system on Nov 9th. LAdy said U\'r interview assigned 1 month before interview.
P4 will be mailed 1 month before interview.

So guess our relatives in India have a tough job in hand. Its pathetic they make such drastic rule changes at such a short notice.
All the best guys getting these documents.

Please post as soon as any of u are able to get a hold on the PCC and the detailed process.

I am going crazy thinking that I got my CGNY PCC yesterday and it is all a waste.

Sudhir Kumar

I dont know how can I do that. In my state, to apply for Police Clearance Certificate from a passport office, you must appear in person and apply and it takes 30 days atleast for them to issue PCC

Which Passport office Sudhir?

When they say passport office - does it mean office where your passport was issued or the nearest passport office to the place of your domicile or permanent residence?

And Sudhir: I am sure your CGNY PCC will be definetely useful. The lady at N delhi consulate does not always give the most accurate info. I am sure all kinds of PCC\'s will be useful.

PCC

Folks,

When you apply for the PCC at the CGNY, CGNY send your details to the Pasport Office that issued your Passport.

The Passport office first checks its records and then asks for information from the Local Police Station under whose jurisdiction your currnet residence falls. Once the local police station sends the information back to the Passport office, the Passport office finally gives a Police clearance.

So the single PCC that you finally get has covered both the Passport office that issued your Passport and the Local Police Station.

There is nothing like voluntarily getting a PCC from the local police station. If if one gets such a PCC, it is not legally/technically valid.

Hope this helps.

Well natcam. Try explaining that to the Embassy guys

If they were aware of this process you mention, it would be much healthier for all of us.
They clearly told me that US Indian Consulate issued PCC was no good. And we need 2 PCC\'s from India.
Looks like the Passport office gives PCC regarding any Passport frauds in their records.
The local police station gives other criminal activities in their records.