From Jan.2002, police certificates from India are required..

hi vishal

I could not go to SFO for PCC this morning. Cld you post your experience after you get back? Thanks

Original passport not req

I spoke to them yesterday. They told that they will see original passport and take photocopy. They won\'t keep original passport. I re-confirm this.

AP-2001 : Does this mean that they will send Passport back immediately and then send PCC when it com

AP-2001 : Does this mean that they will send Passport back immediately and then send PCC when it comes in ?

Raj, Experience of Indian consulate was okay.

I took the photocopies of all the pages(blank & filled) of my as well as wife\'s passport. One Indian passport style photograph is needed for each applicant. The photo is in Indian Pssport format not the one which INS requires. You can get it done from any photo studio in Bay area in one day.

Take the original passport with yourself. They will only check your original passport & will keep the photocopies.Try to reach there as soon as possible in morning. I reached there 9:30AM & had to wait for 2 hours to get my number. Take the token from the machine & wait.

Driving is pretty easy & straight. If you are going from Bay area(San Jose area) I would suggest you to take 280-North instead of 101-North.

Fill the misc. service form. It is available at SFO Indian consulate web site.

http://www.indianconsulate-sf.org/

They charge $11 for PCC & take only exact amount. So better you keep some change in pocket.

Parking is as usual a problem in SFO. So be ready for hard time in finding out a parking space there. Consulate itself is very small. Looks like a house with graceful tri-color on the top. :eek:)!!

It takes around 40 days to get PCC if your passport is not issued/re-newed from Indian consulate in US.

LAST SUGGESTION : Don\'t fill the misc form with red ink. Thats the mistake I did & had to apologize at the counter. Though lady at counter was very helping. She accepted it happily!!! :eek:)!! But gave me this suggestion!!!!!

You don\'t need to submit the passport. Just carry it with the photocopies of passport. they will c

original passport & return it back.

No hassels.

Raj, Experience of Indian consulate was okay - Question.

Did you get any receipt back. How do they keep track of all applications. When call them for inquiry what reference do you give them. Please reply.

Thanks.

when will you get back

thanks for posting all the details - I\'ll go tomorrow.
One more question - did they give you the PCC back today itself or asked you to come back for it after 1-2 days? My passport is issued from SFO itself.

About PCC from SFO Consulate(Vishal)

Hi Vishal,
Are there any other documents we need to apply for PCC at SFO Consulate apart from Passport copies and Photographs.I had seen in their Web site about asking for 3 copies of Personal Proforma.What is that?

Regards,

Vishal, question on PCC.

When you applied for PCC at SF, did you get any receipt? How do they keep track of all applications? Also, when we call them for inquiry what is the reference? Please reply.

Thank you.

Whats on the PCC issued from NY or elsewhere?

Those who have got the PCC issued : What does the PCC say? Does it give dates of residence etc?

PCC issued from CGNY today.

Guys I got my PCC issued at CGNY today. It basically says that u dont have any adverse records and that they can issue visas to you. It mentions PCC for USA. No it does not mention your place of stay etc. Just mentions your name, fathers name, [passport no. and place of issue. I will post the format tomorrow.

They also put a stamp in your passport saying PCC for USA purposes and a reference no.

Just called the US Consulate in Mumbai...

My interview is scheduled for Jan 17, 2002. I asked them about the PCC ("I have lived only in India and the US, do I need the PCC.", to which the lady said "Yes"). I asked her whether the PCC from IndiaCGNY is good enough, to which she said "Yes". From her tone it sounded as though \'It\'s good to have the PCC but it\'s not really really mandatory\' (note: this is my interpretation, and NOT what she said). However, I think I\'m getting a PCC from IndiaCGNY. SudhirKumar, thanks for the useful info.

My Wife is in India. How do we get PCC for her?

My wife is in India now. She was here on a H1 visa for a short time. Then she went to India. Do I need to get a PCC for her. How do i get it?

FORMAT of PCC obtained from CGNY

Ref No. Date

POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE

This is to certify that there is no adverse information in repect of Mr. XXXXXX s/o XXXXXX holder of INDIAN passport No. XXXXXXX issued at NEW YORK on XX/YY/ZZ which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for USA.

STAMPED SIGNED

The passport is also stamped with the following

PCC issued for U.S.A
REF: XXXXXXXXXX
Date - mm/yy/dd

Stamped and signed.

Regarding the experience :

Went there in the morning around 8:15 Am to be first in line. Since my passport was issued at NY. Deposited the passport forms etc. Collected the PCC and passport in the evening at 4:30 PM. No Problems. My wifes passport was issued in India, SO deposited all the forms with a passport copy. They saw her passport and returned it. Asked me to collect her PCC after 39 days. They give a receipt when you deposit the forms. This receipt has a ref. no. You need this to collect the PCC. Overall the process is Hassle free. No problems at all. The staff at the Embassy was very courteous.

No Title

Sudhir,

I have been following the interview assignment patterns over the last few months and what I have noticed is that Mumbai typically starts providing the interview dates from First week of the preceding month itself.

On the other hand Chennai really sticks to its guns and will not give any information (except the standard check back the web page after 15th of the month reply) till at least 11th-12th of the month.

Hope this helps. This definitely means Mumbai has the interview schedule for Janurary and will provide if you call.

Just an observation.