Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offer Letter may not be necessary if letter from employer is provided. Also, hourly rate will be enough. My employer mentioned my hourly rate only. Not annual salary. On I-134 I mentioned my approximate annual salary.

-Thanks
HBG

Hi HBG2001,

Did you submit phone reocrds and did they ask for it during the interview? We don't have as we use net phone and calling cards. Do you think is this going to be an issue?

Thanks for your time on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I did not submit the offer letter and only included the employment letter and paystubs.

On the I-134 ints, they mentioned either job offer lettet or paystubs, as I recently joined this company and yet to recieve the paystubs, I sumbitted the offer letter.

Also I am working hourly on W-2, and I-134 form mentioned the annual salary, I calculated that and requested my employer to give a offer letter based on annual salary and submitted that one.

I sent my phone records but my wife could not download. We did not submit phone records nor did the officer ask for them. These may be nice to have but not necessary. If you have photos etc. those may be enough.

-Thanks
HBG
Hi HBG2001,

Did you submit phone reocrds and did they ask for it during the interview? We don't have as we use net phone and calling cards. Do you think is this going to be an issue?

Yes, My wife's interview went through fine with God's grace.
She went to 7 AM and allowed inside 8 AM.
1) Wy wifw was called by Indian officer around 9AM.
Few questions were asked such as DOB, marriage date, college name and collected DD. ( Signed DS 230 Part II) . Officer returned all suuporting documents which were submitted for Proof of relation except photos.

2) Then My wife had been asked to wait for US officer interview. It happened around 11.30 AM. First , Officer indicated that all documents were perfect. Then, few questions were asked.
How many days did your husband come for marriage?
How many times did he come after marriage?
Did you go ouside of india?
Then, Officer asked my wife, to be prepared for next winter in Illinois.
Finally, Officer told that Passport would be sent through courrier and gave DD receipt. Thats all.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank every one in the forum for their contributions and helped in our toughest period of our life.

I am praying for everyone to get visa ASAP.

Thank you very much.

Hi Agpatti,

Please share your wife's interiview experince when you a chance.

Few questions were asked such as DOB, marriage date, college name and collected DD. ( Signed DS 230 Part II) . Officer returned all suuporting documents which were submitted for Proof of relation except photos.

2) Then My wife had been asked to wait for US officer interview. It happened around 11.30 AM. First , Officer indicated that all documents were perfect. Then, few questions were asked.
Finally, Officer told that Passport would be sent through courrier and gave DD receipt. Thats all.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank every one in the forum for their contributions and helped in our toughest period of our life.

Thank you very much.

Hi AGPATTI,

Congrats! We are really happy for you.

I have a question for you. Did you guys submit phone records?

Thanks once again for sharing your experience and it really hleps us.

Enjoy.

Congrats!

Hi agpatti,

Congratulation!! Glad your long waiting had an happy ending. I hope to hear more approvals from our co threaders soon!!!

-Thanks
HBG2001

Congratulations dude. You must be relaxed now. Make preparations for your future life.

Good Luck

Thank you very much.

I dont understand that if you were married before you applied for 485 then why you didnt add her name in your petition. When she came in to USA?.
Now there are two options. FTJ is for people who are outside USA. You can do the consular processing (824) or adjustment of status for your wife (485). Get a good lawyer and he will do it for you.
You are not on H1 now so she is no longer on H4. Check with a good lawyer at the earliest. Once you apply for her 485 she will be OK and she will get EAD and Advanced parole.
I would suggest to rush and consult a good lawyer who can assist you.

Good Luck.

MY 485 is approved...Unfortunately my wife is on H4 .My H1 /wife's h4 is valid till another three years . I am married to her in Nov 2004 and I filed my 485 in Dec 04 ..She was out of country when I filed my 485..Then after dates got retrogressed . My priority date was in 2003..Got current in June 2007 and in leass than two weeks.. they approved my 485 ... in last two weeks ,My attorney delayed her 485 filing and I am in big Fix. I Will appreciate if you can suggest me a way to get out of this situation.

1) Can I file her 485/EAD using "follow to join"?
2) a)Does her H4 status expires as I got 485 appoved today.In this case b) Does she has to go back to India? if not
3) Can she stay here legally till I file her 485 using follow to join?
4) what other options I may have...

Appreciate your help and suggetions.

Its always good to have a salary on a yearly basis. This gives impression that this guy has stable income and thats all they needed to verify. Ask your HR to write a letter stating the yearly income and stating that you are permanent employee with them. I will find a reference letter and send it to you.

Good Luck.

NJ or MK ,

Do we need to submit the offer letter as well? I thought Tax papers employment letter pay subs are enough.

Also can some one clarify this.

I am a hourly contractor and on W2 with the consulting company.On employment verification letter should i ask the HR manager to include hourly rate or hourly rate divided by 12 months?

Thanks NJBLUE, HBG and Kamran.
No, we didn't submit phone records.
Thanks.

Hi AGPATTI,

Congrats! We are really happy for you.

I have a question for you. Did you guys submit phone records?

Thanks once again for sharing your experience and it really hleps us.

Enjoy.

Partial good news

Thanks AGPATTI, very much appreciated.

Hi All,
I just wanted to let you know.My wife's interview got sceduled in july 24th.(Finally we are there) NJ and friends thanks all for you r help with all the questions.

Wish you all the best for those who already and got visa and good luck for all those who are sceduled for interviews.

NJ your wife's interview is some time around right?

ramy rammy,

Any updates with your wife's interview?

Thanks all again

I 134

Can some please answer my question

On I 134 form (Column) 7 what should we write .Should we write the location of the client or the name of the consulting company i work for?

My employer is in one location and my client is in another location.Can some tell me what you have written here.

Thanks in advance,

kamrans and friends,

Need an urgent suggestions for two questions.

1. Can we postpone our interview time. The reason is nobody is there to help me at my residence to attend the interview and preparing for the documents for the next week appointment. We have not even receive a interview letter. We found our number on online the interview bulletine.
2. How long do can we wait in India not to enter the US? What is the procedure if we would like to wait a year.

Please provide your valuable suggestions. This is very important for me.

Questions after Visa

Hi, I have 2 questions

1) In the visa, it has been mentioned as "Valid only if Acc/FTJ Mother/Father/Spouse". What does it mean? Do we need to do anything for it?

2) After she has come to US, do we need to do apply anything to get green card or will we receive the card automatically?

Thanks for your help.

rambabu,

not all are given a chance for that interview, almost all here are waiting for it...

1. yes you can...
2. nothing is sure how long will be the rescheduled date... 1, 2, 3 -7months... etc.

for me, do your best to get all the documents, you can do it. nothing is impossible if you are moving now... you have the chance, do it!

judex

kamrans and friends,

Need an urgent suggestions for two questions.

1. Can we postpone our interview time. The reason is nobody is there to help me at my residence to attend the interview and preparing for the documents for the next week appointment. We have not even receive a interview letter. We found our number on online the interview bulletine.
2. How long do can we wait in India not to enter the US? What is the procedure if we would like to wait a year.

Please provide your valuable suggestions. This is very important for me.

After the interview, process

Judex,
Thanks for the suggestions.

What is the procedure once we attend the interview at Chennai consulate?

Do they issue the VISA right away or how long it takes to issue the visa?

Do they mention any date? I mean from this date your visa is valid some thing like that?

Hi Kamrans

Thanks Kamrans.

I have added her name on my 485 petition.she was out of country when I filed my 485 and by the time she landed here dates were retrogressed in Dec 2004 so I could not file her 485 petition. Thanks for your sugertions.

I dont understand that if you were married before you applied for 485 then why you didnt add her name in your petition. When she came in to USA?.
Now there are two options. FTJ is for people who are outside USA. You can do the consular processing (824) or adjustment of status for your wife (485). Get a good lawyer and he will do it for you.
You are not on H1 now so she is no longer on H4. Check with a good lawyer at the earliest. Once you apply for her 485 she will be OK and she will get EAD and Advanced parole.
I would suggest to rush and consult a good lawyer who can assist you.

Good Luck.

After the interview, process

Judex,
Thanks for the suggestions.

What is the procedure after we attend the interview at Chennai consulate?

Do they issue the VISA right away or how long it takes to issue the visa?

Do they mention any date? I mean from this date your visa is valid some thing like that?

I 134 Help

Hi NJ,kamrans,HBG,agpatti or any other co threader,

Can some one who already prepared the affidavit of support help me with
below questions.

1)Do we need to print I 134 (Affidavit of support on both sides on same
page) or it's ok to print on two different pages?

2) Column 11 on 1 134 form( I Intend Do not intened) Do we need to
check any thing.Immi help says its only for tourist.What should we write
for follow to join?

3)Column 7 ( Employed Type and address) Should we write client address
or employer address.Becouse my employer is located some
where else and the client i work is some where else.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.