Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dharma rao

Registered Users (C)
follow-to-join

Hi, lets start a thread on follow- to- join: please lets know u r experiences with spouses joining the GC holders, but married before the Imm.petition was applied.What one shd not do-like not adding the spouse name on the GC petitioner application due to spouse working on a J1 or not being present in the USA hoe do these matter.Also tell us u r experience about the timing of home country Consular Processing
I-824 etc.Thanks a lot.Its especially helpful to those spouses worried and feel helpless \'cause they are in the homecountry away from access to info.et.

No Title

This is a good thread to be continued. As lots and lots of people getting into this stage now.

I am on 485 and recently got married. Do not know how to bring her. How to do a Follow-To-Join?

What are the docs needed to submit a Follow-To-Join application? Whether she needs to be in the Home Country till you file a Follow-To-Join application Or she needs to be in the home country till it gets adjudicated? How long does this process delay your GC?

No Title

Is it somewhat late to call your case a follow to join.You need to quickly consult an attorney before you can file I 824, I 864 for dependents.To be eligible for a follow to join one shd be married b4 the I 485 stage.This is not a legal advice I am not a lawyer.

No Title

I got married after filing I-485. However, my spouse is with me here in US with a H4, since I have my H1 still valid. Does anyone know the procedure for my spouse to get a GC, with my application?

No Title

you have a chance from one lawyer\'s version, cause she is u r dependent currently residing now in the USA and she will not be asked to go back and wait in the home country for a GC.Talk to lawyers.

No Title

Hi,

I am very confused about my Greencard processing .... would appreciate any advice. I am in US on an H1B visa since March 2000. I got married last October and my husband got his Greencard one month after that on November 7th. Since my husband\'s I485 was already filed, my name could not be included in his application, nevertheless, I went with his for his GC interview hoping that the interviewer would include my name on his application on a "following to join" status. However, the interviewer told us it was not possible to include my name and that my husband would have to file for my Greencard separately on a family based petition. We later found out from a lawyer that since we did get married before my husband got his GC, that it was possible to apply for my GC on a special condition and that way my GC processing would be faster. However, we got conflicting opinions from different lawyers. I now have 2 choices, either to get my GC processed through my employer, which would take a minimum of 3-4 years or to have my husband apply for it. Needless to say I am looking for a way to get my GC processed in the fastest possible manner. I was wondering if any of you have any knowledge or experience that would help me decide on the best possible alternative.

Would appreciate all your help / advice,

Thanks,

Aparna

No Title

aparna
as 485quest said why not go ahead with I-864(affidavit of support by gc holder for spouse) and I-824 for consular processing and see.Also wise to go ahead with u r own emp. based gc processing which is quicker, compared to I-130. But find out if any or all the 3 are mutually exclusive.

No Title

dear 485QUEST
any info as to how a Green Card spouse married before arriving in the USA, can adjust the status of spouse residing in the USA on an H-1. After I- 485 approval of GC holder the beneficiary/dependent also entered the USA on an H-1.(Marriage took place 10 yrs before either ever entered USA ).So both in USA , how does this work.Similar to U r situation( you and your son)

No Title

I AM FROM HOLLAND AND JUST MARRIED A WOMEN FOR THE US. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET MY GREEN CARD AND WHILE AM WAITING FOR IT TO GO THROUGH CAN I STAY IN THE US, WITH HER? AND WHAT FORMS DO I NEED TO FILE FORM MY GREEN CARD?

No Title

frits,
read 485quest in column 2.1( right here, go up and down u will find it). he gave couple of websites - click on those web sites, u will get the info.
if u r spouse is us citizen, u can go to ins get u r status adjusted fast.

No Title

Hi :

I believe, I am on the same boat .. I got married after I applied
my I485 and now it says it is approved .. just before filing
I485 (i.e. include my wife\'s application onto existing application)
but because it is approved .. I don\'t know whether they include
my wife\'s application or not .. worried ..
Please share your experience .. what you did in your case ..
Thanks in advance ..
please mail me rameshbalajiv@yahoo.com
Ramkison.

No Title

ramesh
if the spouse is in the USA as u r dependent
or on anyother legal status now at this
pint of time then her status
can be adjusted here in the usa.
u need to fill her 485.go to state
ins office- they will allay u r fears.
 good luck.

No Title

I would request ur help urgently.
My wife (we got married last month) is a Permanent resident and we are about to file a petition under category 2A for my PR. Pls let us know in brief what are the processes involved.

No Title

Does follow to join benefit applicable to the spouse and children already in USA (on H1 and H4 respectively) of a Green card holder or its only applicable if the family is in the home country? We have been married for last 18 yrs and my wife got green card last year. I am wondering whether I can apply for I 485(based on follow to join benefit) without I 130. Any suggestions or comments will greatly help.

Raj

No Title

sampath
thats an excellent web address for this thread
kusum bandari and others must have a lot of relief
also the local ins office answers this question
reassuring the quick issuance of a work permit to spouse
if present here in usa
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.