Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
rambabu,

procedure? they will ask for these documents> http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html , then ask some question regarding your relationship with the petitioner... read more on this thread, you will learn more... start from page 100...

you will wait for 1-3 weeks for the visa to arrive. it is valid for 6 months, after six months you did not enter the US, it will be void.

judex

Judex,
Thanks for the suggestions.

What is the procedure once we attend the interview at Chennai consulate?

Do they issue the VISA right away or how long it takes to issue the visa?

Do they mention any date? I mean from this date your visa is valid some thing like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
rm,

1. its ok to print it on two different pages, there's no problem with that.

2. you can write N/A or I do not intend, It's your family, you need to support them. for tourist, its should be specific.

3. employer... the one who gave you w2.

judex

Hi NJ,kamrans,HBG,agpatti or any other co threader,

Can some one who already prepared the affidavit of support help me with
below questions.

1)Do we need to print I 134 (Affidavit of support on both sides on same
page) or it's ok to print on two different pages?

2) Column 11 on 1 134 form( I Intend Do not intened) Do we need to
check any thing.Immi help says its only for tourist.What should we write
for follow to join?

3)Column 7 ( Employed Type and address) Should we write client address
or employer address.Becouse my employer is located some
where else and the client i work is some where else.

Thanks in advance

rm,

1. its ok to print it on two different pages, there's no problem with that.

2. you can write N/A or I do not intend, It's your family, you need to support them. for tourist, its should be specific.

3. employer... the one who gave you w2.

judex

Thanks for the response judex.Appreciate it.

Thanks for the response judex.Appreciate it.

rm
my wifes interview is also scheduled for July 24th.
Looks like our PD Barely Made it.
I was busy sending her off from Canada.

Did you receive the Packet 4?

I printed the I134 on two pages and got it signed by the notary.

Now the Only Road Blocks I have Police clearance Letters and Medical Check up.

How will I know the request is processed?

We have sent a letter to consulate to reschedule the interview date as we can not attend the
interview on scheduled date due to injury.Dr advised not to travel.

do the consulate inform back to us that our request is received or any information back to us? How would we know the request is processed? we have not received the packet 4 yet.
Please advice.

rm
my wifes interview is also scheduled for July 24th.
Looks like our PD Barely Made it.
I was busy sending her off from Canada.

Did you receive the Packet 4?

I printed the I134 on two pages and got it signed by the notary.

Now the Only Road Blocks I have Police clearance Letters and Medical Check up.

rammy

1) Happy to know that your case also got sceduled.

2) I think we will get packet 4 in a week or so.But one of my friend said there will be nothing in packet 4 except saying your interview is sceduled on so and so date and download the forms from website.(I think we cant start downloading the forms)

3)I would suggest first apply for PCC in commsionar office and then in passport office.Becoz passport office will keep the original with them.

4) Can you please see the post #3242 and let me know what you have entered on I 134 ???

5) Medicals is only a one day work.It will be easy.

Thanks,

below questions.

for follow to join?
or employer address.Because my employer is located some

Thanks in advance

1)I Printed on separate Pages
2)I checked that I intend to. and filled the following in the next line.
This Basically means you will take care of all expenses whatsoever...

"All expenses including but not limited to their visa expenses, airline tickets costs to come to USA and US domestic travel, lodging, boarding, food, incidental expenses and visitor medical insurance."

3)Shouldn't write Client Address. Just write the employer name, and address as in the pay stubs or W2.

I am wondering how long it takes to get Approve I824 application. I applied I824 for my spouse on Oct 06 and it still hasn't approved.

I see many here who are already thru with I824 process, can you guys please share the info

Thanks in Advance

- Yog

yogkc,

call your service center(USCIS), it will just take 2-4 months...

did u received your 824 receipt?

judex

I am wondering how long it takes to get Approve I824 application. I applied I824 for my spouse on Oct 06 and it still hasn't approved.

I see many here who are already thru with I824 process, can you guys please share the info

Thanks in Advance

- Yog

My wife also got her stamping on Chennai. She already had a H1.

The VO mostly asked questions about where I work and what she did in the US. Looks like the officer was also from the place where we live currently so he asked her about that. Overall my wife said the interview was a breeze when compared to H1 or B1 interview.

Thanks guys for all the support and best of luck everyone.

Its always the Primary company you work for irrespective of any clients you are working at. Do not send any documents from your client.

Good Luck.

Can some please answer my question
On I 134 form (Column) 7 what should we write .Should we write the location of the client or the name of the consulting company i work for?

My employer is in one location and my client is in another location.Can some tell me what you have written here.

Thanks in advance,

Yes you can do it for some specific period of time but tell them that you will get back to them by this... date. Dont give them indefinite time.
After getting the visa you will have 6 months to enter US. Delaying the visa is not mentioned anywhere. I think for 2-3 months it shouldn't be an issue but for a year this may be a problem.

Good Luck.

kamrans and friends,
Need an urgent suggestions for two questions.
1. Can we postpone our interview time. The reason is nobody is there to help me at my residence to attend the interview and preparing for the documents for the next week appointment. We have not even receive a interview letter. We found our number on online the interview bulletine.
2. How long do can we wait in India not to enter the US? What is the procedure if we would like to wait a year.

Please provide your valuable suggestions. This is very important for me.

No you dont need to do anything. This is just a formal statement. If you have mentioned in DS230 item 11 that you would like to get the Green card in mail then they will send it to you.
Good Luck.

Hi, I have 2 questions
1) In the visa, it has been mentioned as "Valid only if Acc/FTJ Mother/Father/Spouse". What does it mean? Do we need to do anything for it?
2) After she has come to US, do we need to do apply anything to get green card or will we receive the card automatically?

Thanks for your help.

Usually people from India get the visa right away as their name doesn't match in any database. Right away means it might take 2-3 weeks.
If the name matches then they do the administrative processing. The average time is around 2-3 months but it can vary. After getting the visa it is valid for 6 months.

Good Luck.

Judex,
Thanks for the suggestions.
What is the procedure after we attend the interview at Chennai consulate?
Do they issue the VISA right away or how long it takes to issue the visa?
Do they mention any date? I mean from this date your visa is valid some thing like that?

Check the answers below:

below questions.
Different pages is a better option.
for follow to join?
I put in I intend to provide room and board for her entire stay in USA. Different website state you dont need to say this. So act accordingly.
It should be your employer address and all papers from him not your client.

Thanks in advance

Check the service center timelines where your case is filed. It will give you an approximate idea when it will be approved.

Good Luck.

Thanks in Advance

- Yog

below questions.

for follow to join?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

1 I printed it in one page (front and back) and I also did the same for DS230.I think it is okto print on two different papers.
2 I put "N/A" as immihelp website suggested.
3 You should put your employer address. Your wife could tell the counselor that it is a consulting job if there are any questions about this like why your husband residence address is different from the employer address.

FTJ interview experience

My wife had successful FTJ interview in Chennai consulate with god's grace.

Here is her experience.

I reached the consulate around 7 AM and there were already people outside waiting in the queue. Around 7.30 am the consulate security were allowing non immigrant visa appointment holders and they have asked all the immigrant visa applicants to stand in the different queue. Around 8.00 am, they let us in and the security people collected the appointment letters from us . Around 8.30 am Indian officials took over the counters (two counters dedicated for immigrant visas).They were going through the files and calling one by one by name. I was called around 10.15 am and the following questions were asked by a female Indian counselor (mid twentys). I have also gave her the the PCC from my home town as we could not submit at the VFS and no questions were asked about this.She had asked me to write the case# on the DD (back side) for the visa fee. I was asked to write my US address (where I want to mail the green card) in the column 11 on the DS230. I left it blank as the address is same as the address mentioned in the column 10.

Questions

1. What is your wedding date?
  2. When did your husband get his green card? (Looked at my husband's green card)
  3. When did your husband go to USA for the first time? She was searching for the immigration stamp in the new passport and I have told her to look at the old passport.
  4. When did he visit you last time? She looked at my husbands passport and did not find the immigration stamp for the last visit. Luckily, I have another copy with me and gave her the copy. So please do carry the latest copy of the passport when you go for the interview and I also took the copies of all the documents that we submitted in the VFS office.
  5. She asked again for the wedding date.

She wrote all my answers on a paper and attached to the file.

After this interview, I have waited until 12.15 pm for the final interview by the American counselor (male). He was already looking at the paper that Indian counselor attached to my file. Counselor has asked me take oath and took finger prints. He told me that the documentation is complete and you will get the passport in 3 days. That is it and no questions were asked by the American counselor. He handed over me all the documents including photos submitted for proof of the relation. I thanked him and asked for the original wedding and birth certificates. He told me that it should be in the documents that he gave me. I asked him where should I pay the courier fee? He said you have already paid at the VFS office and there is no need for it. I again thanked him and left the consulate. The overall process took almost 4 and half hours.

I would like to thank HBG2001,Kamrans, RM101, rammyrammy, mega and others for their support during the tough time.

Kamrans, you have been great support in all these days. I really hope your wife will also get her process done very soon.

HBG2001, many thanks to you. Because of your help only, I was able to find my wife's interview date before I got the packet 4 in mail. This saved me 3 most valuable days as we had to collect lot of documents before the VFS deadline. We would have missed the VFS deadline if you would not have asked me check the appointment schedule on the consulate website as I did not expect that they will schedule the interview that soon. Thanks again HBG2001.

RM101 and rammy rammy, glad to find your wife's interview is scheduled in the next month and we are really happy for you. Please let me know if you have any questions and will be glad to assist you guys.

Thanks again to all of you.

My wife had successful FTJ interview in Chennai consulate with god's grace.

Here is her experience.

I reached the consulate around 7 AM and there were already people outside waiting in the queue. Around 7.30 am the consulate security were allowing non immigrant visa appointment holders and they have asked all the immigrant visa applicants to stand in the different queue. Around 8.00 am, they let us in and the security people collected the appointment letters from us . Around 8.30 am Indian officials took over the counters (two counters dedicated for immigrant visas).They were going through the files and calling one by one by name. I was called around 10.15 am and the following questions were asked by a female Indian counselor (mid twentys). I have also gave her the the PCC from my home town as we could not submit at the VFS and no questions were asked about this.She had asked me to write the case# on the DD (back side) for the visa fee. I was asked to write my US address (where I want to mail the green card) in the column 11 on the DS230. I left it blank as the address is same as the address mentioned in the column 10.

Questions

1. What is your wedding date?
  2. When did your husband get his green card? (Looked at my husband's green card)
  3. When did your husband go to USA for the first time? She was searching for the immigration stamp in the new passport and I have told her to look at the old passport.
  4. When did he visit you last time? She looked at my husbands passport and did not find the immigration stamp for the last visit. Luckily, I have another copy with me and gave her the copy. So please do carry the latest copy of the passport when you go for the interview and I also took the copies of all the documents that we submitted in the VFS office.
  5. She asked again for the wedding date.

She wrote all my answers on a paper and attached to the file.

After this interview, I have waited until 12.15 pm for the final interview by the American counselor (male). He was already looking at the paper that Indian counselor attached to my file. Counselor has asked me take oath and took finger prints. He told me that the documentation is complete and you will get the passport in 3 days. That is it and no questions were asked by the American counselor. He handed over me all the documents including photos submitted for proof of the relation. I thanked him and asked for the original wedding and birth certificates. He told me that it should be in the documents that he gave me. I asked him where should I pay the courier fee? He said you have already paid at the VFS office and there is no need for it. I again thanked him and left the consulate. The overall process took almost 4 and half hours.

I would like to thank HBG2001,Kamrans, RM101, rammyrammy, mega and others for their support during the tough time.

Kamrans, you have been great support in all these days. I really hope your wife will also get her process done very soon.

HBG2001, many thanks to you. Because of your help only, I was able to find my wife's interview date before I got the packet 4 in mail. This saved me 3 most valuable days as we had to collect lot of documents before the VFS deadline. We would have missed the VFS deadline if you would not have asked me check the appointment schedule on the consulate website as I did not expect that they will schedule the interview that soon. Thanks again HBG2001.

RM101 and rammy rammy, glad to find your wife's interview is scheduled in the next month and we are really happy for you. Please let me know if you have any questions and will be glad to assist you guys.

Thanks again to all of you.

NJ,

Many many congrats on good news.We are really happy for you.Please keep in touch with the forum. Congrats again.

NJ: I have a quick question .Additional documentation like our passport copy ,green card copy etc .Your wife carried when she went to consulate right and she did not submit to VFS office?Could u pelase share what else the other docs she carried to consulate other than that were submitted to VFS office?

Status
Not open for further replies.