Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Form I-864 is necessary for FTJ cases?

do the follow to join cases required to submitt Form I-864? Please clarify with recent experience.

currently with new employer.

Hi NJ,kamrans,HBG,agpatti,rm01 or any other co threader,

"In employment preference visa categories a notarized offer of employment from the petitioner is required."

I got GC two years ago. Currently i'm with another employer. Since ours is FTJ case,what which employee letter I should provide to the consulate? OR
W2 or 1040 is good enough? IS this be issue at interview time?

do the follow to join cases required to submitt Form I-864? Please clarify with recent experience.

Ram babu,

No we should submit 1 134 form for affidavit of support not I 864.

Also you said u requested for resceduling the interview right?

Please refere to the prevous posting in this thread as we find many solutions for questions.

NJ,

Many many congrats on good news.We are really happy for you.Please keep in touch with the forum. Congrats again.

NJ: I have a quick question .Additional documentation like our passport copy ,green card copy etc .Your wife carried when she went to consulate right and she did not submit to VFS office?Could u pelase share what else the other docs she carried to consulate other than that were submitted to VFS office?

RM101,

We actually submitted the passport and greencard copy to VFS and also took copy of it to the consulate.

My wife carried latest copy of the bank statment and all of her educational certificates which were not submitted to VFS. But they did not ask for it.

NJ,

Many many congrats on good news.We are really happy for you.Please keep in touch with the forum. Congrats again.

NJ: I have a quick question .Additional documentation like our passport copy ,green card copy etc .Your wife carried when she went to consulate right and she did not submit to VFS office?Could u pelase share what else the other docs she carried to consulate other than that were submitted to VFS office?

NJ.. Congrats and Good Wishes..
Thanks for the Detailed update ...

yogkc,

call your service center(USCIS), it will just take 2-4 months...

did u received your 824 receipt?

judex

Thanks for your reponse. Yes I recieved the Receipt. I tried calling many times but they couldn't provide more info. I guess more waiting game :=)

Please Reply!

Hello evryone!
This is a great thread. Please answer this question. I wil be very thankful. I applied for my wife(I-130) in Septemper 2006 as a LPR(Legal permanent Restident). I just became a US Citizen in May 2007 and I requested to upgrade the I-130 petition by sending a cover letter and copy of my naturlization certificate and a copy of the NOA1 to the VSC(Vermont service Center). It is because application is still pending there. I also called the customer service and gave them the info.

The question is does anyone know how long it takes to upgrade the Petition??I just checked the USCIS Website and for CR1, VSC is now processing the i-30 for Nov 2006. Is anyone here on the same boat?? or did anyone ever upgraded the petition?? Also, when they upgrade, will the priority date change? If, not, then, I think they should approve our case quickly. Please help!! Thank you!! regards, kim

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

NJBLUE,
Congratulations! I have been waiting to hear from you since Monday. I am glad I was of some help to you. Best wishes to you and your wife. !!

-HBG2001

Rambabu,
I did not notarize letter from my employer. It may not be necessary. You have to submit letter from your current employer. W2, 1040 are also necessary documents. You can not substitute them for Letter from employer. All 3 are necessary.

-Thanks
HBG2001

Hi NJ,kamrans,HBG,agpatti,rm01 or any other co threader,

"In employment preference visa categories a notarized offer of employment from the petitioner is required."

I got GC two years ago. Currently i'm with another employer. Since ours is FTJ case,what which employee letter I should provide to the consulate? OR
W2 or 1040 is good enough? IS this be issue at interview time?

RM101,

We actually submitted the passport and greencard copy to VFS and also took copy of it to the consulate.

My wife carried latest copy of the bank statment and all of her educational certificates which were not submitted to VFS. But they did not ask for it.

Hi,

Can some one who already got the interviews answer this please.

How long does it takes to receive the packet 4.Our case is sceduled for July 24th.Can we call the consulate after a week or so?In case if we miss the packet 4 will the internet print out serve the purpose?

Thanks,

Packet 4 you receive along with interview letter. Usually it takes at least 1 week after the interview dates are posted on their web site. Packet 4 you download from internet will be enough. It is the interview letter that is more important. Keep collecting other documents in the mean time.

-Thanks
HBG
Hi,

Can some one who already got the interviews answer this please.

How long does it takes to receive the packet 4.Our case is sceduled for July 24th.Can we call the consulate after a week or so?In case if we miss the packet 4 will the internet print out serve the purpose?

Thanks,

Packet 4 you receive along with interview letter. Usually it takes at least 1 week after the interview dates are posted on their web site. Packet 4 you download from internet will be enough. It is the interview letter that is more important. Keep collecting other documents in the mean time.

-Thanks
HBG

Thanks HBG. we started working on PCC and other Docs.

agpatti

did ur wife receive the passport by courier the same day or did it take 2-3 days to arrive

thanks
gc37

Rambabu,
I did not notarize letter from my employer. It may not be necessary. You have to submit letter from your current employer. W2, 1040 are also necessary documents. You can not substitute them for Letter from employer. All 3 are necessary.

-Thanks
HBG2001

Thank you HBG

-Thanks
HBG

HBG...
How will the Appointment letter arrive ordinary mail or Courier??
Stupid Question, but I just want to alert my family back home ...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.