FOIPA request, is notarized signature needed?

By the way, it seems they are processing several hundred cases per day, perhaps around three hundred or more, so we could be done in three or four months.

Please let us know what exactly is on the CD once you get it. I am curious since I am in Track Two, about position 23000, so I am right behind you guys...

I have been tracking my progress, and I have also seen an acceleration in the last few months. The average move per (work) day seems to be about 600 positions or so during the last month.

No problem, I'll give a good report when I get the CD. I hadn't tried to figure out the rate, it's great that you've done this. At a 500 or 600 rate I should be done in less than two months :eek: I'll believe it when I see it ;)

FOIA Track Two Queue Speed

No problem, I'll give a good report when I get the CD. I hadn't tried to figure out the rate, it's great that you've done this. At a 500 or 600 rate I should be done in less than two months :eek: I'll believe it when I see it ;)

Great. I am also not holding my breath...

Attached is a plot of how many positions the queue moved per day; there is definitely a trend of faster processing. The gaps in the line are days when there were nonsensical data displayed, such as moving backwards in the queue, which should not be. (Then again, with anything related to USCIS, one never knows...)

Vorpal, I think it's the other way around.

By the way, it seems they are processing several hundred cases per day, perhaps around three hundred or more, so we could be done in three or four months.

I just checked the status of my request and it's on track 2. It's most definitely NOT an expedited request. :)

Wow, now this seems to be going just too fast. I'm on the low ten thousands ;) Only problem is that at this rate I might be out of town on vacation by the time the countdown reaches 0. Let's see, I'll keep you informed.

Wow, now this seems to be going just too fast. I'm on the low ten thousands ;) Only problem is that at this rate I might be out of town on vacation by the time the countdown reaches 0. Let's see, I'll keep you informed.

I'm in the low 12 thousand. At this rate, our requests should be processed in less than a month.

I'm in the low 12 thousand. At this rate, our requests should be processed in less than a month.

I noticed in the FAQ @ the website it mentioned that there maybe charges that maybe applicable -- did anyone get an advance request for costs of getting the FOIPA statement?

I didn't get anything about charges. The only thing I got at the beginning was a request for further proof that I was who I claimed to be. I forgot what it was, I might have said it earlier on this thread.

It's been about a months since my last update. The countdown continues, but in a funny way I went from being the few thousandth case of twenty thousand cases, to case early seventeen hundreds of 2576 cases, so I don't know what's going on. The speed has also come down from six to eight hundred cases per day to a hundred and something, so it would seem like at least another seventeen working days or so. However, with the funny changes in my place in the queue and the size of it I can't say anymore. I am afraid when I get close to getting my case done there will be another change in the queue :( Let's see.

It's been about a months since my last update. The countdown continues, but in a funny way I went from being the few thousandth case of twenty thousand cases, to case early seventeen hundreds of 2576 cases, so I don't know what's going on. The speed has also come down from six to eight hundred cases per day to a hundred and something, so it would seem like at least another seventeen working days or so. However, with the funny changes in my place in the queue and the size of it I can't say anymore. I am afraid when I get close to getting my case done there will be another change in the queue :( Let's see.

They definitely slowed down from the May-June processing pace. On Friday, my case was in the low 2900s. Today, it's in the low 2800s. Considering the recent N-400 receipting/check cashing delays, it seems as if USCIS is slowing down all across the board. I wonder what the reason for that is?

Hi Huracan,

I am planning to request for FOIPA of my A-File but I wanted to know which address to send as G-639 form list 3 of the them. Any help appreciated.

I'm pretty sure I sent it here:

National Record Center (NRC)
P. O. Box 648010
Lee's Summit, MO 64064-8010

That's where you need to send it for Alien Files as indicated in the G-639 instructions. Good luck.

The thing is still moving. I moved around 275 cases between yesterday and today. At this rate and if there are no other queue mysterious changes it should take from 7 to 14 business days. I'll give another update when I am getting really close or get the information.

I sent FOIA request 3 weeks ago. Do they send a receipt notice for this kind of request? If so, when can I expect to receive ?

Hey Huracan,

I got a notice from NRC about my FOIA request. They are asking for more info on subject (which is me) like parents names & date and port of entry. I am confused about the date of entry .... is it the last date of entry or the very first date of entry into this country? They did not specify this on their request form. Do you know the answer?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Huracan,

I got a notice from NRC about my FOIA request. They are asking for more info on subject (which is me) like parents names & date and port of entry. I am confused about the date of entry .... is it the last date of entry or the very first date of entry into this country? They did not specify this on their request form. Do you know the answer?

Thanks in advance!

They are referring to the very first date of entry into the U.S.

I noticed in the FAQ @ the website it mentioned that there maybe charges that maybe applicable -- did anyone get an advance request for costs of getting the FOIPA statement?

There are NO charges if you receive your copies on CD.

They are referring to the very first date of entry into the U.S.
Thanks for the reply Vorpal.

Are you sure about that? I honestly don't remember when I entered first. It was almost 12 years ago ... may be I can look up my old passport.

I will call the number on the request and see what they say.