FOIPA request, is notarized signature needed?

Thanks for the reply Vorpal.

Are you sure about that? I honestly don't remember when I entered first. It was almost 12 years ago ... may be I can look up my old passport.

I will call the number on the request and see what they say.

I'm absolutely sure. The initial date of entry makes it easier for USCIS to locate your A-file. I included my date of entry on the G-639 and they never sent me a request for additional info.

I'm absolutely sure. The initial date of entry makes it easier for USCIS to locate your A-file. I included my date of entry on the G-639 and they never sent me a request for additional info.
OK. I called and confirmed with the NRC employee that its the first date of entry. I will look up my old passport and send/fax the form to them. I have already requested for CD during the same call. Thanks!

Hi Ksam,

That's what I was going to suggest to call them to change the request to CD and ask them about that date of entry. I didn't remember myself. To be honest they have enough information to locate your file. I think they are also trying to make sure you are who you say you are. The more personal information you know correctly the likelier you are the subject of the A-file.

Hi Ksam,

That's what I was going to suggest to call them to change the request to CD and ask them about that date of entry. I didn't remember myself. To be honest they have enough information to locate your file. I think they are also trying to make sure you are who you say you are. The more personal information you know correctly the likelier you are the subject of the A-file.
You are right. The NRC employee even said if I dont remember the exact date just put month and year ... but to be safe, I will check my old passport and send them the exact date.

By the way, for the last couple of days the FOIPA status check hasn't worked. I wonder what is going to say when it comes back. It seemed like I was getting really close to get my case done. Perhaps this week or the next. Let's see. Perhaps after they maintain the system I will end up at the end of the queue again ;)

By the way, for the last couple of days the FOIPA status check hasn't worked. I wonder what is going to say when it comes back. It seemed like I was getting really close to get my case done. Perhaps this week or the next. Let's see. Perhaps after they maintain the system I will end up at the end of the queue again ;)

Apparently, USCIS.gov is undergoing a major maintenance. I've been trying to check the status of my request since yesterday morning, and all I've been getting is the maintenance notice.

Apparently, USCIS.gov is undergoing a major maintenance. I've been trying to check the status of my request since yesterday morning, and all I've been getting is the maintenance notice.

I noticed that, too. Let's hope that many of the long promised improvements are finally being implemented...

It looks like there's an ongoing issue with the FOIPA tracker at uscis.gov. Huracan, any word on your request yet?

Not yet. I noticed that they were trying to bring the FOIPA status check up yesterday after a week of maintenance. They had the text field and the button to enter the case number, but it was not working. Now they don't allow case input. I would assume they are working on fixing it. I haven't been able to check my status for over a week and I haven't still received anything in the mail. At the rate my case was moving before the case status blackout I could already have my case processed. I'll continue checking the status page or my mail. I'll report as soon as I get something in the mail or I can check my status online.

I check the FOIPA status page from time to time. Now I am seeing a new thing:

Vignette Portal
starting...
This system is currently starting up.
Please be patient. This process may take a few minutes.

I'll see if it really comes up after a few minutes :)

Yahoo! FOIPA status check is up and running again, and according to it:

Your request was processed on 07/22/2009.

I'll let you know when I get something in the mail.

I just checked the status of my request. It's now around 1300 out of 1900. Before the system went down for maintenance, it was around 2600 out of 26000. Obviously, the numbers got twisted around during maintenance.

Hi Vorpal,

I also thought it was some sort of a glitch when my number changed from being something out of over ten thousand to being something else out of a couple of thousands. I guess that means you are on the last stretch of processing. You'll most likely will get your application processed in the next week and a half or so, whatever that means. For me it seems the application got processed a week ago, but until yesterday I haven't got anything in the mail. I would expect that I should receive something withing two weeks of the application being processed, but I actually have no idea.

Hi Vorpal,

I also thought it was some sort of a glitch when my number changed from being something out of over ten thousand to being something else out of a couple of thousands. I guess that means you are on the last stretch of processing. You'll most likely will get your application processed in the next week and a half or so, whatever that means. For me it seems the application got processed a week ago, but until yesterday I haven't got anything in the mail. I would expect that I should receive something withing two weeks of the application being processed, but I actually have no idea.

Thanks for the info, Huracan. I'm becoming more and more curious to see what exactly is in my file.

I just checked the status of my request and noticed the following line at the bottom: "Status information is current as of 7/24/2009". Seems like they stopped the daily updates.

Update

Just checked the status and got the following message: "Your request was processed on 7/30/2009".

Now the wait for arrival begins...

Hi Vorpal,

Congratulations! :) As you say, the wait for arrival begins, for me it continues. I haven't got anything in the mail yet.

The online status check counter on the USCIS FOIA web site seems to be back to daily updates, at least during the last two days...