FOIA -- Tracking in VSC

does FOIA change LUD

Did anybody notice change in LUD? Does FOIA for 140 go to lawyer?

usnycus, did you apply for both 140 and 485 or only 140? I heard it delays the pending apps like 485 that are at the final stages, as it has to move to a separate FOIA area from the adjudication area and has to come back.

I only asked for I-140 and LC information in FOIA.

Regarding delay: Actually when I mailed the request my I-485 was pending and it got approved on 10th day after FOIA reciept date.

bostonbuddy said:
Did anybody notice change in LUD? Does FOIA for 140 go to lawyer?

usnycus, did you apply for both 140 and 485 or only 140? I heard it delays the pending apps like 485 that are at the final stages, as it has to move to a separate FOIA area from the adjudication area and has to come back.

Last edited by a moderator:
That may be because

your 485 file did not move, only 140 file moved...

Also, got a strange message on approved 140 that an amemded notice has been mailed blah blah..

Not sure if this is for FOIA. LUD on approved (july 2004) 140 also changed four consecutive days, must be FOIA. Did not get anything yet.

Anybody knows if they send all the docs together or 140 and 485 in separate packets, 140 going to employer/lawyer and 485 to the applicant?

Applied early Nov for FOIA got receipt on Early Dec.

Approved I-140 & LC is kept with I-485 petition.

I read that somewhere in I-485 operating manual posted in the forum sometime back.

bostonbuddy said:
your 485 file did not move, only 140 file moved...

Also, got a strange message on approved 140 that an amemded notice has been mailed blah blah..

Not sure if this is for FOIA. LUD on approved (july 2004) 140 also changed four consecutive days, must be FOIA. Did not get anything yet.

Anybody knows if they send all the docs together or 140 and 485 in separate packets, 140 going to employer/lawyer and 485 to the applicant?

Applied early Nov for FOIA got receipt on Early Dec.

Hi Bostonbuddy,
What is your receipt date? Also could you please share with your control number in this format ESC20040086** with us?
Shankar123

do you know whether any one else after 10/14 got papers or not?
do not worry. probably due to holidays mail is disrupted.
best wishes
shankar123 :)

I am not worried and I don't even care if I never receive those papers. I just wanted to find out the process of FOIA.

BTW, good luck to you and all others who have reasons to get FOIA papers.

shankar123 said:
do you know whether any one else after 10/14 got papers or not?
do not worry. probably due to holidays mail is disrupted.
best wishes
shankar123 :)

Any news friends?

Friends,
Happy New Year to you all.
Did anyone get any papers from VSC after 12/22/04? Please post your data as this can help all of us in tracking the FOIA requests from VSC. Otherwise, the whole purpose of opening this thread will get defeated.
Shankar123