FOIA -- Tracking in VSC

shankar123,

Good news for this thread finally !!

Receipt date by USCIS for FOIA : October 15, 2004.
Task: Simple Request
Requested everything.

Got everything today by Priority Mail . USCIS FOIA office is working !

Incidentally, could you please check the envelope and advise us about whether it is marked as "Return Service Requested" or something like that?
shankar123 :)

I have made a FOIA request today to get a copy of my 140 petition. Actually I have everything except the approval notice. I sent the application without notarizing it as it clearly says to skip Step 7 if filing a FOIA request.

Hi Dazzling
Thanks for your update. Could you please post your receipt date and control number in the format ESC20040088**?
Also it is not necessary to notarize the form.
Thanks
Shankar123 :)

shankar123 said:
Hi Dazzling
Thanks for your update. Could you please post your receipt date and control number in the format ESC20040088**?
Also it is not necessary to notarize the form.
Thanks
I have sent the request yesterday only. I will post details once I receive them.

Previously i requested some copies and got like 99 pages in all. recently my 140 is approved and my employer is not giving me the copy. so i request one more FOIA today. Let see if USCIS will give the copy of 140 approval.

Hi friends,
It is really encouraging that we all are sharing our experiences. Did anyone get any FOIA papers from VSC today?
Thanks

Benefits of asking docs under FOIA

I have read my postings on this thread. Can someone summarize the benefits of asking docs under FOIA for my case.

My RD is Nov 4, 2004 for both 485 and 140. My 140 was approved in 4 months, but 485 is still pending. My FP2 was done on July 8, 2004. USCIS responded to my request for information and told me that my case was delayed due to security checks and that they cannot tell what is the timeframe for final adjudication. Will the docs under FOIA help me in anyway. Thanks,

nov02-485 said:
I have read my postings on this thread. Can someone summarize the benefits of asking docs under FOIA for my case.

My RD is Nov 4, 2004 for both 485 and 140. My 140 was approved in 4 months, but 485 is still pending.
-- I think it is Nov 2002, right? My FP2 was done on July 8, 2004. USCIS responded to my request for information and told me that my case was delayed due to security checks and that they cannot tell what is the timeframe for final adjudication. Will the docs under FOIA help me in anyway.
-- No, The foia docs will just give you the docs.For name check, you need to send mails to FBI. It is a different FOIA. there is a separate thread for this
Thanks,

No 140 :-/

Hi United Nations

Did you request specifically and they DID not give it. This is the main paper I am hoping to get in addition to the ETA750A

Thanks !

unitednations said:
they didn't include it in my package. A very interesting thing that may be of interest to others is that on my 140 the approval stamp and signature is dated March 24th 2004. However, on the approval notice and ibis check it was april 27th.

There may be some hope for people with retrogression if this logic carrys over to 485. That is case gets approved internally by uscis (pre december 30, 2004) before they update their systems.

control number recd

Hi all

Just FYI

I had sent two FYI requests, one to Denver, CO as that was the local office and one to VSC. I got a control number for the one from VSC and they said 'simple queue' - I dont expect it fast :)

The one to Denver, they said the records are kept in VSC and forwarded the request there. I submitted two as I was not quite sure and didnt want to risk it.

Thanks !