FOIA -- Tracking in VSC

Shankar,

Sorry for not replying earliar. Actually I am out of US for last one and half month and was not able to access internet. I am not sure if any paper (FOIA) came to my US address or not. I will be returning back in Mid of March and will update this thread then.

shankar123 said:
Just checked the mailbox. no mails. any news, USNYCUS? :rolleyes: :confused: :mad: :(

Received documents

Got the package from VSC on 3/3/05. Got about 121 pages.

waiitingForGC said:
Here is an update on my request:
FOIA request sent on: Nov 29 (sent by normal mail)
Receipt received: Dec 18.
ESC20040087**

-waiting..

Recd Docs

Got the FOIA. 90 odd pages.

FOIA RD : 16 Dec 2004
FOIA Mailed : 23 Feb 2005
FOIA Recd : 03 Mar 2005

TOTAL 77 Days end to end.

Can anyone tell me what a 140 approval looks like, Does it look like the labor approval. I got the 140 form, but not sure if this is the approval. Since i now have the case number i can verify that it was approved, but what can i look for.

Got FOIA through VSC

RD for FOIA: Dec 29, 2004.

On Mar 05, 2005 I received all that I wanted except 140 approvals notice.

Here is what I got

1) Copies of LC and letters submitted by my empoloyer to VSC
2) Copies of 140+485[485+Biographic+G-28] applications with case # and RD showing on it
3) Copy 140 application form shows its approved.

FYI- They dont give official 140 approval notice. Instead they give point 3 as listed above.

Typically it takes around 70 days in VSC to get FOIA. I'm happy with what I got.

FOIA Request Completed

My FOIA request was completed today and I have receivedf a total of 169 pages for my 140 request. I had made the request on January 3, 2005. My 140 was approved on December 9, 2004 by USCIS. It still does not show as approved. Anyways I do not care anymore :p

dazzling said:
My FOIA request was completed today and I have receivedf a total of 169 pages for my 140 request. I had made the request on January 3, 2005. My 140 was approved on December 9, 2004 by USCIS. It still does not show as approved. Anyways I do not care anymore :p
Did you get I-797[notice of action] showing I-140 is approved?

I am waiting for my I485 case. My case pending for long time since 2003. I-140 already approved.
Is the FOIA only for I140 case?

va_gc said:
I am waiting for my I485 case. My case pending for long time since 2003. I-140 already approved.
Is the FOIA only for I140 case?
using FOIA you can get all documents related to all pending cases.

fast_gc_seeker said:
Did you get I-797[notice of action] showing I-140 is approved?
NO. My lawyer has opened a AILA Inquiry on this. I got an email from her this morning and I quote her:
"It is good to know that it was approved. You may never get the actual approval notice."

dazzling said:
NO. My lawyer has opened a AILA Inquiry on this. I got an email from her this morning and I quote her:
"It is good to know that it was approved. You may never get the actual approval notice."
My FOIA says due to some legal clause they cannot provide one page related to my 485 package. I'm sure that one page is I-797 which is approval notice of my I-140.
I really dont care if I dont get approval notice of my I-140. They've sent me the I-140 application form which my employer with approval stamp and date on it.

fast_gc_seeker said:
My FOIA says due to some legal clause they cannot provide one page related to my 485 package. I'm sure that one page is I-797 which is approval notice of my I-140.
I really dont care if I dont get approval notice of my I-140. They've sent me the I-140 application form which my employer with approval stamp and date on it.
For me they did not provide 3 pages. Hmmm ... so it could be the approval notice that they did not provide to me and since my case was denied first, I am guessing there are some pages that have notes exchanged between the adjudicator and another officer who would have reviewed my case that they again did not give to me.

For me it said 1/2 a page has been blocked out, there was only 1 section of the 140 form which had someting blocked out, I scanned the papers 3 times over couldnt find anything else

I dont think this is the 140 approval, I dont believe they keep that in their files, just the 140 Application - The original approval notice would be with your company and if they are like mine, you aint gonna get it :) - but it does not matter !

fast_gc_seeker said: