FOIA -- Tracking in VSC

71 days and still nothing!!!!!

:confused:
It is over 71 days for me now, and nothing. I tried to call FOIA department but no luck.
Does anyone know how to track these requests?
Thanks
Shankar123
:mad:

Hi Shankar123

Receipt Date is 12/16/04
Its ESC20040089**

Thanks !
shankar123 said:
Hi,
What is your receipt date and control number in the format ESC20050098**?
thnx
shankar123

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Shankar

I sent them a fax, I dont know if its gonna help any, but what the hell, give it a shot

FOIA / PA Officer
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001
Fax: (802) 527-4864

for Vermont.

In case you wanna try your luck too. I was actually shocked that the fax went thru, I was expecting it to say 'Fax number doesnt exist' Ha ! :)

I tried the call approach with the National Customer Service, but they should change the name to National NO Customer service, cos thats what I got. Kinda reminds me of the Capital One 'No' ad :)

shankar123 said:
:confused:
It is over 71 days for me now, and nothing. I tried to call FOIA department but no luck.
Does anyone know how to track these requests?
Thanks
Shankar123
:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the frickin use of calling it an FOIA if they restrict you from viewing your own papers. This is nuts :)

unitednations said:
I didn't make any special request. Just 140/485/765/131. They specifically held out an internal notice. I received two packages, one for the 765/131 and the other for 140/485. In both packages they mentioned that clause of how one page was left out.

same as yesetrday

I am actually thinking of writing a loop that will post this message "No Mails". That will be good, right? :D

Do we also get Edu Eval ?

United Nations

Did they send you the education evaluation also along with this. I don't think it matters since the 140 is approved, but just to know.

Thanks !

thanks !

Thanks for clarifying :)

unitednations said:
They gave access to my papers and you can see handwritten notes. any correspondence your lawyer sent or they sent to you, they will let you see. however, any internal memos or discussions they seem to not give.

Still no FOIA reciept.

Guru:

I sent VSC FOIA request at the beginning of this year, around 01/03. But so far I haven't received any reciept about it yet. Is it normal? I used to receive application receipt very quickly, like 1 week after sent. For instances, my EAD application.

Can anybody share some experience? How long you receive the receipt (not the material you requested)?

11/03/04 gor package yday

I sent request for myself and spouse.. got a package yday for my souse.. no news about my case yet.

receipt

Took about 10 days for my receipt I think. Did you send it to the Service Center or the local office ?

DW2003 said:
Guru:

I sent VSC FOIA request at the beginning of this year, around 01/03. But so far I haven't received any reciept about it yet. Is it normal? I used to receive application receipt very quickly, like 1 week after sent. For instances, my EAD application.

Can anybody share some experience? How long you receive the receipt (not the material you requested)?