EB2 485: Pls post here

Sriram,

Getting an RFE is a good sign. Just relax while on vacation and get your documentation ready once you return. There shouldn't be any problems with your re-entry into the US as your AP is still valid. I am guessing your RFE is either related to birth certificates or marriage certificates (both of which should be very simple). Your 485 should be approved within a week after your lawyer sends an RFE answer. keep us posted with the status of your case.

sriram1975 said:
Got an RFE email for my 485 on July 29. Dont know the details yet. Currently in India on a vacation. I hope I have no problems entering the US.

Not yet. My paralegal will inquire about it today I think. She was on vacation last week. 14 days after the LUD were completed on 27th July. I tried calling USCIS. But they insisted that my attorney call them.

GCdeewana said:
Usha,

Did you receive your RFE yet ?
If yes what was RFE about.

Congrats Savithris,That was pretty quick..looks like NSC is getting upto speed these days.
When did you have your FP done? was it code-3 biometrics?
Thanks
Srini

Here are my details for record on this link. I have already posted my details earlier on this forum.

Labor Filed - 04/2000
Labor Approved - 12/2000
I 140 filed - 2/2001
I 140 approved - 8/2001
I 485 filed - 11/2001
1st EAD - 12/2001
1st FP - 04/2002
2nd EAD - 12/2002
RFE - 06/2003, Replied 07/2003
3rd EAD - 12/2003
4th EAD - 12/2004
2nd FP - 04/22/2005 - Code 3
Kids FP - 06/04/2005 - Code 2

Approval for Spouse, Child and Myself - 07/22/2005
Cards Mailed - 07/26/2005

My paralegal has submitted an inquiry about not receiving RFE within 14 days as mentioned in the updated status. She told that typically 3-4 weeks have to be waited for a written response from USCIS.

Any thing I should do.

Friends , Any suggestion what should I do.

NSC/EB2 - non-concurrent.
PD : March'02
ND - 485 : March'04
FP1 - June'04
Biometrics - June'05
Called USCIS two times, they said as your ND (March'04) is after published USCIS date ( Nov'03), you have to wait. No other information available with them.
Should I take Infopass appointment and enquire or should I approach the senator/congressman.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

edealfan said:
Sriram,

Getting an RFE is a good sign. Just relax while on vacation and get your documentation ready once you return. There shouldn't be any problems with your re-entry into the US as your AP is still valid. I am guessing your RFE is either related to birth certificates or marriage certificates (both of which should be very simple). Your 485 should be approved within a week after your lawyer sends an RFE answer. keep us posted with the status of your case.

Thanks edeal. I hope so. Good luck to you.

Update from Side:

I got an RFE on my 485 asking for EVL while I was in India around July 28. I came back yesterday without any problems entering on my H1 using AP.
I received the notice for FP Code 2 in mid July for an appointment last week which I missed as I was in India. Hopefully I will get the Biometrics done next week. My attorney is working on the EVL. Good luck to you all.

My ND for I-140 and I-485 is one year and 2 days ago. Don't know when I can hear something about my I-485. I did file the extension for my EAD and AP one and half month ago, did not hear anything either.

Friend I-485 approved, NSC

just received call from friend that, he got an email today that his 485 was approved.

We both filed I-140 and 485 concurrently in Dec 2004 (in EB2 NIW). both I-140s were approved in the month of June 2005 and both got biometrics at same time (around june 20th) and his case was approved today. Now i crossed my fingers---

Waiting ---

nc_ln2000,

Congratulations to your friend and your approaval will be around the corner.
Please let me know from which country is your friend ?

I-485 Rfe

Hi Usha03,

I have also recd an email about the 485 RFE on July 13, but my Attorney did not receive it yet (very similar to yours), the Paralegal called the USCIS cust svc and they said it seems to wait till 30 days have passed and then initiate an inquiry. But it seems your Attorney initiated an inquiry, so any updates do you have.

In the meanwhile, I have recd. the biometrics (email recd on July 19th) and it is scheduled on Sep 7th.

Please update whats going on with your RFE.....

Thanks
subbu03
RD, ND - Sep 2004
First FP - Nov 2004
EAD/AP - Nov 2004
I 140 AD - Jun 2005
I-485 RFE (Not recd) - Email on July 13