EB2 485: Pls post here

My paralegal has initiated an inquiry as per the status update "call if you do not receive RFE in 14 days".
This is what my paralegal told me:

"We contacted the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) yesterday and they have submitted a request to the Nebraska Service Center to re-send the Request for Evidence to us. The NCSC does not have specific case information available and is only able to forward the inquiry to the appropriate Service Center. The Service Center will then respond in writing. We were told that we should receive a written response within 3 – 4 weeks."

Around that same time we reported address change too. So my paralegal mentioned that there could be a probability of error in case update too. But in any case they should respond to the inquiry and let us know whatever the case might be. So waiting with my fingers crossed. She said that if we do not hear from them within the 3-4 weeks, she would contact through some liasion program of which they are members (probably AILA - not very sure). She also has sent a written inquiry to USCIS and sent me also a copy of that. The copy had requested inquiry for my spouse's, daughter's and my cases

subbu03 said:
Hi Usha03,

I have also recd an email about the 485 RFE on July 13, but my Attorney did not receive it yet (very similar to yours), the Paralegal called the USCIS cust svc and they said it seems to wait till 30 days have passed and then initiate an inquiry. But it seems your Attorney initiated an inquiry, so any updates do you have.

In the meanwhile, I have recd. the biometrics (email recd on July 19th) and it is scheduled on Sep 7th.

Please update whats going on with your RFE.....

Thanks
subbu03
RD, ND - Sep 2004
First FP - Nov 2004
EAD/AP - Nov 2004
I 140 AD - Jun 2005
I-485 RFE (Not recd) - Email on July 13

Last edited by a moderator:
Since EB2 visa numbers are current for September, I hope that we see many more EB2 approvals in Aug and Sep 05. If the State Dept establishes cut-off dates for EB2, I think we might see it retrogress a few years. On Oct1, EB3 visa numbers will become available again and EB2 will see a further slowdown in my opinion. I hope it doesnt happen, but.. who knows.. What do you think?

that's right

It will be affected more by retrogression which is likely to happen anytime from 10/1 to 12/1 than availability of eb3 visas on 10/1.

My I140 has taken lot of time but as per current processing time and my ND of 11/18/2003, hope to see some action in near future.

All the best

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a letter from USCIS for my daughter saying this is an error in updation and that her case is still pending. And for my spouse and me also we received letters. But the content mentions about updation of changed address in their records and that the RFE update was "a response notice to your initial referral query that was not sent out". I do not what the initiall referral query was. Only thing I can think of is I called customer service to ask if the address change (informed by my attorney) was updated in their records.

I-140 Approved

I receieved the I-140 approval mail on friday. Waiting on the I-485. Is there anyone who has filed concurrently 140 & 485 in Dec'2004 and got approval for 485?? :confused:

Hi Usha03 - So you are saying, the 485 RFE email sent to you is a mistake as USCIS mentions ??. As I am also in the same situation, just curious to know. My attorney is going to initiate an inquiry as the RFE is not received yet after the email on July 13th.

Thanks
Subbu03

Yes,

At that same time (around July 8th), we informed USCIS of our address change for each of the pending petitions. Actually, my EAD and AP and I140 were approved in April/May itself but the status for those petitions along with the status for 485s was also updated to "request for additional evidence".

subbu03 said:
Hi Usha03 - So you are saying, the 485 RFE email sent to you is a mistake as USCIS mentions ??. As I am also in the same situation, just curious to know. My attorney is going to initiate an inquiry as the RFE is not received yet after the email on July 13th.

Thanks
Subbu03

485 approved:NSC

My NIW based application was approved and online message says
cord ordered.

Good luck for all.

See my signature for details

EB2 NIW: NSC[/B]
140 & 485 ND:Dec 2004, Concurrent
140 APPROVED: 6/10/05
FP1: 2/18/2005, Biometric Code 2: 06/12/05 [Both]

485 APPROVED: 8/16/05 :)
*C.O: 08/15, C.M: ??, C.R:???
485 for spouse: APPROVED: 8/15/05
*C.O: 08/16, C.M: ??, C.R:???

Info

Hello,

1.After looking into my signature, any idea whethere NSC will open my file in next four months.
2.My wife is planning to go India for 3 months (Sept --> Dec). During her absence, if any RFE is issued, can I respond with my lawyer help??
3. We both are already completed Biometrics code3 on 04/19/2005, will there be any chance to get another one in next four months??

Hi GCDeewana,

1.After looking into my signature, any idea whethere NSC will open my file in next four months.

---> Just Relax. Your case will be approved very soon. Hangin there.

2.My wife is planning to go India for 3 months (Sept --> Dec). During her absence, if any RFE is issued, can I respond with my lawyer help??

---> If your wife can postpone the trip to India that will be the ultimate thing. If your case gets approved in September end, then your wife has to cut short the trip and come back. It is not a big deal, but it is good to be in US when your case gets approved. Just my 2 cents. Please take second opinion. I have read in some thread that it is O.K. if the case gets approved while you are out of the country and can come back after 2 months.

3. We both are already completed Biometrics code3 on 04/19/2005, will there be any chance to get another one in next four months??

-----> No. FPs are valid for 15/18 months. So dont worry, you will not get any more FPs. but straight Plastic Cards. I am sure that your case will be approved by the end of next month. Just keep checking the PD's of approved cases. You will know when is your turn. Just my 2 cents.

====================================

Hi luckyandcurious,

It is the LC PD which matters and also it depends which officer is handling your case. If the officer is busy it might take more time for approval.
Just my 2 cents.

What is your PD??

nc_ln2000 said:
My NIW based application was approved and online message says
cord ordered.

Good luck for all.

See my signature for details

EB2 NIW: NSC[/B]
140 & 485 ND:Dec 2004, Concurrent
140 APPROVED: 6/10/05
FP1: 2/18/2005, Biometric Code 2: 06/12/05 [Both]

485 APPROVED: 8/16/05 :)
*C.O: 08/15, C.M: ??, C.R:???
485 for spouse: APPROVED: 8/15/05
*C.O: 08/16, C.M: ??, C.R:???

i am NIW EB2

I have applied my GC through NIW EB2. So i dont need Labor for the same.

but Notice Date is: Dec 04.
Hope this helps.
good luck

Transit Visa

sriram1975,

I believe you used AP for your last trip to India.

I have a question on transit visa. My wife is going to India and will be using Advance parole while coming back. She is going through Frankfort (lufthansa airlines).

Does she need any transit visa though she has got valid advance parole?

Advanced Parole is for entering the US. Transit visa in Frankfurt is a different thing. If your wife has a valid visa on her passport, then she can go through Frankfurt. About the transit visa I dont know. Check with German Consulate.
In my case, my H1 visa on passport expired 2 years ago, but I had H1B extension papers. I was told that Germany, UK and France will not let me through their country as my visa had expired. My choices were Alitalia and KLM as they require just a valid passport. I didnt have any problems entering the US with my AP.

sriram1975,

Thanks for your info.

This is the response I received from German Consulate in Atlanta

"No airport transit visa required with valid Advanced Parole Document."

Constance S. Heery
Passport/Visa Department

German Consulate General
285 Peachtree Center Avenue
Suite 901
Atlanta, GA 30303

Tel.: (404) 979-6421
Fax: (404) 577-2719

sriram1975 said:
Advanced Parole is for entering the US. Transit visa in Frankfurt is a different thing. If your wife has a valid visa on her passport, then she can go through Frankfurt. About the transit visa I dont know. Check with German Consulate.
In my case, my H1 visa on passport expired 2 years ago, but I had H1B extension papers. I was told that Germany, UK and France will not let me through their country as my visa had expired. My choices were Alitalia and KLM as they require just a valid passport. I didnt have any problems entering the US with my AP.

Hi Sriram1975,

by looking at your signature, our cases are very similar. My I-140 and I-485 were filed concurrently in Aug, 2004, and my first FP was 9/11/04. my I-140 was approved on June 30th, 05, after RFE. I did not get second FP notice yet. And I-485 is still pending. Should I do something about it? I mean for second FP?

Thanks.