EB2 485: Pls post here

Hi Sriram1975,

Congratulations and Enjoy the Freedom.

My GC is following exactly your pattern. Infact you helped me for my I140 RFE (Exp Letters). Since both of us I485 ND are same and your I485 is approved, I am hoping mine should be approved in few days.

Best of luck to me :) and other folks !

luckyandcurious said:
Hi Sriram1975,

Congratulations and Enjoy the Freedom.

My GC is following exactly your pattern. Infact you helped me for my I140 RFE (Exp Letters). Since both of us I485 ND are same and your I485 is approved, I am hoping mine should be approved in few days.

Best of luck to me :) and other folks !

Good luck to you luckyandcurious.

Congratulations Sriram..

HI Sriram,

Congratulations... Be a freebird..........

Nice to know about your approval. I need a small favor, i have seen that you have sent an e-mail to fbi about the USCIS Name check inquiry. Can you give me the mail id to which you have sent the e-mails.

sriram1975 said:
Hi all
Both spouse's and my 485 were approved today. Just got the email from USCIS like 5 mins ago. Wishing you all the very best. Just today I was drafting the letter for AC21. I guess I have to wait for atleast a month or two before I move to another company now. I definitely cant wait for 6 more months! Good Luck to all again!!

vasulatha said:
HI Sriram,

Congratulations... Be a freebird..........

Nice to know about your approval. I need a small favor, i have seen that you have sent an e-mail to fbi about the USCIS Name check inquiry. Can you give me the mail id to which you have sent the e-mails.

Thanks vasulatha. Here is the info:

Email: FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

Info to include in Email:
Name:
Date of Birth:
Alien #:
Receipt # of 485:
Phone Number:
Address:
Country of Birth:

Thanks Sriram

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for the info. Can you have a look at my case and let me know any ideas when i will have chance of my 485 case approval

sriram1975 said:
Thanks vasulatha. Here is the info:

Email: FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

Info to include in Email:
Name:
Date of Birth:
Alien #:
Receipt # of 485:
Phone Number:
Address:
Country of Birth:

vasulatha said:
Hi Sriram,

Thanks for the info. Can you have a look at my case and let me know any ideas when i will have chance of my 485 case approval

I would guess in the next 2-4 weeks as long as your name check is complete. Do you see any LUDs for your 485?

can I request name check status now?

My deatails are...485 is pending since june, 2005. 140 (eb2) is already approved. Complted FP and biometrics two months back. FBI FP check was mailed back to USCIS on the same day of FP.

Can I send a e-mail requst to FBI for my name check status now? Is it too early? Since it is taking 6 months to get a reply for email enquery from FBI for name check status, is it advisable to send the email now?

can_card said:
My deatails are...485 is pending since june, 2005. 140 (eb2) is already approved. Complted FP and biometrics two months back. FBI FP check was mailed back to USCIS on the same day of FP.

Can I send a e-mail requst to FBI for my name check status now? Is it too early? Since it is taking 6 months to get a reply for email enquery from FBI for name check status, is it advisable to send the email now?

send it now. I sent my email withing 2 weeks of the FP on Oct 04 and got a reply in December 04. So go ahead as it takes longer these days.

Sriram,

I did not see any LUD lately. But when i have done my Code 2 finger printing in june, i saw LUD 6/30. from that time i am just waiting.

sriram1975 said:
I would guess in the next 2-4 weeks as long as your name check is complete. Do you see any LUDs for your 485?

Can u provide more of ur details like PD stuff

can_card said:

[140 --> Attorney Certified CP] vs [140/485 concurrent] vs [140/485 separate] for EB2

[140 --> Attorney Certified CP] vs [140/485 concurrent] vs [140/485 separate] for EB2 from NSC (Nebraska)

Gurus, please comment on the following assumptions / hypothesis. Your comments will help those of us obtaining labor certifications and getting ready to file 140. Thanks in advance.

After labor certification, EB2 cases under Nebraska Service Center:

1. 140 --> Attorney Certified CP:
Best Case : 1 month for 140 and 2 months for AC CP, Total 3 months.
Average Case : 3 months for 140 and 3 months for AC CP, Total 6 months.
Worst Case : 1 year for 140 and 3 months for AC CP, 15 months.

Risks: Before filing of CP retrogression could occur. Visas could become unavaible.
Advantages: Faster GC. Delays are more deterministic. Even if retrogression occurs for EB 2, new approvals from Dallas BEC are from late 2002 or early 2003. Unlikely retrogression will go back untill then.

2. 140/485 Concurrent or 140/485 Separate:
Best Case : 6 months for GC
Average Case : 18 months for GC
Worst Case : 36 months for GC.

Risks: Could take 3 years
Advantages: If filed concurrent, could avoid the bad effects of retrogression. If NSC really iplements 180 day approval, it will be great. Looks like for new filings this seems to be a possibility.

485 Approved

Just got those wonderful 'Magic' Emails that our (I & my wife) 485's are approved today. :) :)

PHGUY said:
Just got those wonderful 'Magic' Emails that our (I & my wife) 485's are approved today. :) :)

From your signature, I did not see BioMatric. Did you do it yet? Yours is very close to mine. My ND is 8/5, so far, no updates at all.

yvesliu said:
From your signature, I did not see BioMatric. Did you do it yet? Yours is very close to mine. My ND is 8/5, so far, no updates at all.

Never received a biometrics notice.

***MARCH 2004 - EB2 still waiting ?***

Guys,

Anybody with March 2004 notice date for I-485 (EB2) category still waiting for approval notice ?

Mine is March 1, 2004 and it's painful to see the new update with a June 1, 2004 date.

No word on my case yet. I gave my Code 2 Biometrics (Picture and Index finger print) on Aug 5th, 2005.

Called FBI to find out, but they said they haven't recieved the fingerprints from USCIS. Usually they are sent electronically and reach the same day to FBI. Contacted the local ASC office to find out why the biometrics were not sent to FBI but no answer from them. Basically they didnot even look into their systems. They just said, it takes time, please wait and see.

Please advice what to do ? Are Code 2 biometrics sent to FBI ? or is it only the first time we give (all fingers). Because FBI said, they could see my first fingerprints in the database given last year June.

I may be wrong but I beleive FBI gets first 10 finger for security check and code 2 is for your green card.

You don't hae to worry al though you passed the current date ,,,,, but it represent 75 % cases only...you might be in remaining 25 % ...I am sure yours is near!!

Hi,

Whats the FBI number you called to find out the finger print status and biometrics details, can you please share it with us. Also folks please can some one share the email template and email address that we need to send to FBI for name check.

thanks