Constance S. Heery
Passport/Visa Department

German Consulate General
285 Peachtree Center Avenue
Suite 901
Atlanta, GA 30303

Tel.: (404) 979-6421
Fax: (404) 577-2719

So your wife has an unexpired visa on her passport?

yvesliu said:
Hi Sriram1975,

by looking at your signature, our cases are very similar. My I-140 and I-485 were filed concurrently in Aug, 2004, and my first FP was 9/11/04. my I-140 was approved on June 30th, 05, after RFE. I did not get second FP notice yet. And I-485 is still pending. Should I do something about it? I mean for second FP?
Thanks.

Did you send mail to FBI to see if your name check is cleared? Mine was cleared within a few days after 1st FP. I believe FBI name check should be through to get the Biometrics. You can call NSC and give it a shot. Good Luck.

sriram1975 said:
Did you send mail to FBI to see if your name check is cleared? Mine was cleared within a few days after 1st FP. I believe FBI name check should be through to get the Biometrics. You can call NSC and give it a shot. Good Luck.

Actually, I called NSC earlier to change my name. But they did not give me any status. They told me that my date is still after their processing date. Should I call again?

yvesliu said:
Actually, I called NSC earlier to change my name. But they did not give me any status. They told me that my date is still after their processing date. Should I call again?
I dont think they will really do anything as they are processing 485 cases in Feb 04, they have a safety net in saying that.
Did you email FBI to see if your name check is cleared?

sriram1975 said:
I dont think they will really do anything as they are processing 485 cases in Feb 04, they have a safety net in saying that.
Did you email FBI to see if your name check is cleared?

How did you know your name check was cleared way back a year ago? I did write to FBI, no response yet.

yvesliu said:
How did you know your name check was cleared way back a year ago? I did write to FBI, no response yet.

I emailed FBI sometime in mid October(04), and got a reply in December saying name check was complete. It takes 4-5 months now a days.

sriram1975 said:
I emailed FBI sometime in mid October(04), and got a reply in December saying name check was complete. It takes 4-5 months now a days.

Does BioMetric has anything to do with name check? I mean can I get biometric notice even if my name check is not done?

yvesliu said:
Actually, I called NSC earlier to change my name.
Was this change successful? My lawyer sent a letter about name spelling error and I'm still getting all correspondence with wrong name.

yvesliu said:
Does BioMetric has anything to do with name check? I mean can I get biometric notice even if my name check is not done?
From what I've heard from others here, No. Name check is needed to get to Biometrics. Can someone else give their feedback on this?

Early Biometrics at Detroit ASC

Received Biometrics notice (Code 2) at Detroit ASC in the 2nd week of August - Appointment date was September 23rd! Decided to take a chance at early FP having read somewhere in the forums that Wednesdays and Saturdays are generally lean days. Went today afternoon at 2:30pm - The ASC had a total of 6 people (including us!). The officer demurred against an early FP for us after seeing our notice but relented immediately after we made some remark about us being busy on the scheduled date ! (It is hard to say no when there is no activity, I guess!). The whole process took 5 minutes. Index finger print, signature on an electronic pad and a digital portrait picture of your face.

Hope this helps anyone considering early biometrics at Detroit ASC (We got it done a month early!)

What is your PD??

Hi Outrun,

Congrtulations for you. What is your PD?

outrun said:
Received Biometrics notice (Code 2) at Detroit ASC in the 2nd week of August - Appointment date was September 23rd! Decided to take a chance at early FP having read somewhere in the forums that Wednesdays and Saturdays are generally lean days. Went today afternoon at 2:30pm - The ASC had a total of 6 people (including us!). The officer demurred against an early FP for us after seeing our notice but relented immediately after we made some remark about us being busy on the scheduled date ! (It is hard to say no when there is no activity, I guess!). The whole process took 5 minutes. Index finger print, signature on an electronic pad and a digital portrait picture of your face.

Hope this helps anyone considering early biometrics at Detroit ASC (We got it done a month early!)

vasulatha,

My PD is the labor approval date 07/01/03.
Btw, I also recieved card ordered emails today. LUD changed at the USCIS website today to reflect the ordering of the new cards.

USCIS-SRMT vs USCIS-CSSO

All this time I used to get an email of status updates from USCIS-CSSO with an email address of USCIS-CSSO@dhs.gov. Today I got an email from CRIS with an email address of USCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov. The mail was confirming the receipt of my 485 RFE reply. Why the change? DOes 485 responses/actions get answered by a different dept within USCIS? Anyone know anything about this?
Also, the online status update says I will get a written response for this case. Why so? Thanks for your help.
:confused:

sriram1975 said:
All this time I used to get an email of status updates from USCIS-CSSO with an email address of USCIS-CSSO@dhs.gov. Today I got an email from CRIS with an email address of USCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov. The mail was confirming the receipt of my 485 RFE reply. Why the change? DOes 485 responses/actions get answered by a different dept within USCIS? Anyone know anything about this?
Also, the online status update says I will get a written response for this case. Why so? Thanks for your help.
:confused:

sriram1975,

When was your RFE response delivered to NSC by your mail carrier and how many days from then did NSC acknowledged that they received your response.

Thanks.

Hello Members,
This is my first post in the forum, which has been a great help, even before I started my green card proceedings. My details are as follows:

1-140 (EB2)/I-485 concurrently filed - (wife as dependent)
Priority date May 2004
I-485 receipt date - Sep,2004
1st FP done - Sep, 2004
EAD/AP approved, Jan 2005
I-140 RFE - May 2005, replied by the end of June, 2005
I-140 approved July 2005 (took 10 days!)

I registered at the USCIS site to get updates on my I485. LUD is nov,2004 and says the following for both me and my wife:
"Current Status: On November 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."
Our medical records, marriage and birth certificates etc have all been submitted. Does that mean that our FP/background check is cleared/OK? Can someone please shed some light on what it means and what comes next?

Thank you

YH

485 Approved:

Hi all
Both spouse's and my 485 were approved today. Just got the email from USCIS like 5 mins ago. Wishing you all the very best. Just today I was drafting the letter for AC21. I guess I have to wait for atleast a month or two before I move to another company now. I definitely cant wait for 6 more months! Good Luck to all again!!