Thank you all.

EB2
LC RD : May 2003
I140/485 RD: Sep 2003
I140 AD: Feb 2005
I485 AD: July 11,2005
Approval letter RD: yet to...

---------------

* How do I know whether my I485 requires stamping or not?
* If I go to stamping, how long it takes to get the card?

Good Luck to you all.

Some local INS offices do the stamping without any questions , like my case. Nowadays some centers DO NOT stamp I-551 on your passport unless you have a document for travel in the near future.

After stamping 4 to 5 days later your LUD will change ( implication - your stamping details reached ) and then with a ball park number of 4 to 5 weeks you will receive the biometric notice with a 7-10 days time period to go for bio metric. Then probably a month to 1 1/2 months Card ordered followed by card mailed in a day or two and within a week or two you will get the card.

Your case an estimate
passport stamping 07/25/05
LUD 07/28/ or 07/29

Bio metric notice aug last week or Sep 1 st week
Actual biometric Sep 1st or 2nd week

Card ordered Sep last week or Oct 1st week
Card mailed Oct 1st week or 2nd week

You get the card Oct 2nd week or 3 rd week.

Hope this helps and Good luck.

lc2003 said:
Thank you all.

EB2
LC RD : May 2003
I140/485 RD: Sep 2003
I140 AD: Feb 2005
I485 AD: July 11,2005
Approval letter RD: yet to...

---------------

* How do I know whether my I485 requires stamping or not?
* If I go to stamping, how long it takes to get the card?

Good Luck to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aha!
Got the email notice that 485 is approved for both my wife and me.
thanks for your help and support, group!

EB2 - NSC
PD - Jun 2000
140/485 - ND 6/30/04
140 AD - 05/19/05
485 AD - 07/15/05

Congrats !

I have done only one Finger Print (Jun 2004), and recently got approved.
Approval letter says "do not take any action" now, so does it mean that either I get my card or get Biometric in the next few days?

Just curious to know, do I need to go for a stamping in order to get my plastic card since I didn't take any biometric or 2nd FP.

I appreciate your suggestions.

lc2003 said:
Congrats !
I have done only one Finger Print (Jun 2004), and recently got approved.
Approval letter says "do not take any action" now, so does it mean that either I get my card or get Biometric in the next few days? .

You will get a biometrics notice in about 4 weeks. see my signature for the timig between approval and biometrics notice.

lc2003 said:
Congrats !
Just curious to know, do I need to go for a stamping in order to get my plastic card since I didn't take any biometric or 2nd FP. .

I think you will have to wait till you receive the biometrics notice before getting the card. Your stamping will not prompt the card production.

Hi lc2003,

Congrats, Did you call the customer service or you got your approval by itself.

Thanks,

May0503,

Thank you. I called them 3 times in the past 7 months with a status enquiry.

Hope you will get your approval soon, I do see the Priority date mentioned on my approval letter. (LC Receipt Date).

GCdeewana said:
USHA03,

Did you recieve your RFE notice yet?

GCDeewana

Not yet. I am still waitting for it. Recently I moved and my attorney has called USCIS to inform the address change. Can address change by any chance be updated as requestiong additional evidence. Logically it should not. But anyway, as in the update I will wait until 27th (14 days after update) and call customer service to inquire.

Usha03,

What exactly your online status message shows.

1. If it says some thing like "...responded to your request" means it is related to address change. I saw in many other threds in this forum.

2.If it says some thing like "....requestiong additional evidence", probably it is an RFE.

Ramesh

It is this:

"On July 13, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

I think it means RFE.

GCdeewana said:
Usha03,

What exactly your online status message shows.

1. If it says some thing like "...responded to your request" means it is related to address change. I saw in many other threds in this forum.

2.If it says some thing like "....requestiong additional evidence", probably it is an RFE.

Ramesh

EB2 feb2004 approved!

Received the paper copy of the approval notice yesterday (Friday) for both my spouse and I. Email confimation was received on 15th July. I hope people before me get their approval as soon as possible.

One other piece of info of interest to people travelling with a pending I-485
and expecting approval at any time:

I was outside the country on July 15 when I recieved my approval email.
Contacted my lawyer whose advice was not to volunteer any information or knowledge about the approval to the immigration officer. In addition to my H1-B, I had also taken my advance parole. The lawyer's advice was to respond to any information they uncover about my status at the entry point and she was confident that they would do additional processing, but let me in. (Technically it seems both H1-B and parole are invalid after a 485 approval). Turnsout that the immigration officer let me in on my H1-B on Monday July 18. (My guess is that their systems were not yet updated with my approval).

Hi Outrun,

CONGRATS !!!

Could you please let me know what was your online message before it changed to approved for I-485?

Mine is July 04...so may be I can guess how much more time it will take for me to get approved.

Got an RFE email for my 485 on July 29. Dont know the details yet. Currently in India on a vacation. I hope I have no problems entering the US.

My case is approved

EB2
Substitute labor PD 11/2000
140/485 RD 11/2004
140 approved after one RFE 06/05
485 approved 07/28/05

savithris,

Congratulations.

Looks like your whole GC process got completed in 8 months. It is really great.

Have a wonderful time.

Congratulations Savithris. Looks like your GC process was pretty painless.

GCdeewana, You will get your 485 approval very soon. Keep your fingers crossed :)

GCdeewana said:
savithris,

Congratulations.

Looks like your whole GC process got completed in 8 months. It is really great.

Have a wonderful time.