DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Lucid, May 3, 2017.

1. Obimpeh

Obimpeh Member

Not yet Kojo, hopefully by the close of the week.

How is the family?

2. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

I’m sure you’ll get them very soon. All good here bro. We are on AP till my medical report and passports are sent to the embassy in early May.

3. Boakyewaa

Boakyewaa New Member

Hello. Pl
    Hello please i would like to know how one can prove at the embassy that they wont be a public charge since the Ghanaian embassy doesn't require an affidavit of support. Thank you

4. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Hello @Boakyewaa. Generally satisfying the basic educational requirement such as a secondary school qualification with required passes that would ordinarily entitle you to admission to a university along with a higher or advanced degree such as a Masters degree or higher OR specific skill sets which have a huge market demand in the USA along with evidence of a host (family member preferable) or a friend willing to accommodate you in the early weeks or months should suffice. A job offer from an American employer would also be great! Hope this helps.

5. Boakyewaa

Boakyewaa New Member

The evidence of
    The evidence of a host is what im concerned about. Does the embassy require the host to send certain documents to prove it is really true?

6. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

No but you can be sure that they will carry out background checks on the host.

Boakyewaa likes this.
  7. Boakyewaa

Boakyewaa New Member

Thank you very much. I get it now

8. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Also, the embassy may not require an affidavit of support but if you can get one it will help.
    You don’t necessarily need to have high skills or whatever, you just need to be able to support yourself. If you have a a stable employment record it’s a good sign of work ethic. I’ve met Ghanaians in the US doing all sorts of things that support them without needing any special qualifications - hot dog stand operator, Uber driver (actually have seen a good number of African immigrants doing this), ticket seller at a museum, Verizon store assistant...

Kojo E likes this.
  9. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Glad you’re ok now.

Boakyewaa likes this.
  10. Boakyewaa

Boakyewaa New Member

Thank you

11. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Any update on this bro? You got the package?

12. Kay18

Kay18 New Member

Hi everyone.

I've been lurking for some weeks since I got my interview date and I had a few questions to ask . my interview is in April.

I have a high school diploma, I schooled in the States. Would the diploma alone without transcripts be enough evidence of my high school education? I also have a bachelor's and a master's degree.

My host is my best friend from high school. But I'm considering changing it to my Aunt at the interview since she now has her own place. Would that be okay? I have 3 relatives and a lot of friends in the state I plan on moving to.

I also wanted to double check I have all the correct documents to support my interview with the checklist below.

2nl
    Ds260 (confirmation page plus the whole document)
    $330
    2 passport pictures
    Passport (including expired ones) + photocopies
    Birth certificate + photocopy
    Police reports + photocopies
    Medical results + photocopy
    High school diploma + photocopy
    Degrees & transcripts + photocopies

Thanks for the help. Also thank you for all the help you have been giving.

13. Lucid

Lucid Active Member

You're welcome. Yes you may change your host during your interview or at the POE. You only need the confirmation page of the ds260. No need for copy of the medical report. Please be sure to NOT open the sealed report.

Franky5 likes this.
  14. Kay18

Kay18 New Member

Thank you. Definitely keeping that sealed, I won't risk AP at all.

Kojo E likes this.
  15. Obimpeh

Obimpeh Member

Hi Kojo, sorry oo, I have been running around a lot lately. Hmm there was some mishap but by God's grace it's been resolved. I have picked the passports and the visa packets. All is set for us now, we bless God.
    Thanks for asking.

Kojo E and SusieQQQ like this.
  16. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Congratulations! All the best for your big move!

17. Obimpeh

Obimpeh Member

Thanks Sue...trust you are well though..

18. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Great news! Thank God is right! All the best to you and the family!

19. Obimpeh

Obimpeh Member

Thank you my brother. I am waiting for you to pick yours so we can joint family party...God is alive, it shall come to pass!

Kojo E likes this.
  20. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Definitely bro! You can bet on it.;)