• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

It's been 2 months now since I last commented on this platform. I deem it prudent to share my interview experience since I shared my problems and was helped.

Background of my case for new members.... I won through an agent. He got my details without my knowledge. (Shs info). He wanted me to agree to a sham marriage or pay a huge amount of money. I refused both offers.
However, I managed to trick him to get my confirmation number and continued with the process myself. He found out about a month to my interview and threatened to spoil my case but it turned out to be an empty threat.

I went to the embassy late December (27) and after the formalities, I was called to my window 8 to be interviewed. The interview were solely on double entry. She insisted I had done multiple entries. Well I have not entered the lottery so I guess other agents got my info from other institutions to enter just like the agent who contacted me did. I was refused based on double entry.

One nurse adviced on this platform that going for vaccinations in government hospitals will help reduce medical fee. I heeded to that advice and saved about ¢1000.

Thank you house

It's been 2 months now since I last commented on this platform. I deem it prudent to share my interview experience since I shared my problems and was helped.

Background of my case for new members.... I won through an agent. He got my details without my knowledge. (Shs info). He wanted me to agree to a sham marriage or pay a huge amount of money. I refused both offers.
However, I managed to trick him to get my confirmation number and continued with the process myself. He found out about a month to my interview and threatened to spoil my case but it turned out to be an empty threat.

I went to the embassy late December (27) and after the formalities, I was called to my window 8 to be interviewed. The interview were solely on double entry. She insisted I had done multiple entries. Well I have not entered the lottery so I guess other agents got my info from other institutions to enter just like the agent who contacted me did. I was refused based on double entry.

One nurse adviced on this platform that going for vaccinations in government hospitals will help reduce medical fee. I heeded to that advice and saved about ¢1000.

Thank you house

Sorry to hear your outcome. Unfortunately refusals are very common in cases like this, for various reasons. Did you inform the embassy of the involvement of the agents? Did the officer ask you if you had entered yourself?

Thank you house
thanks for sharing and good luck to you for the future.

Thank you house

Thank you for sharing this painful and expensive experience. You were kind and courageous enough to share your experience, so whilst I am about to talk "straight", I don't mean to insult you personally, and I commend you for coming back here to share your story. But still - we need to understand the point. Ghana needs to understand.

I have to say, the agent problem in Ghana will continue for as long as people condone the agents behavior and try to take advantage of it. In this case, you knew very well you had not entered the lottery. This represents a moral dilemma - exactly like being offered a stolen item, such as jewelry or a phone. You know it is stolen. You know it meant something to someone else. But do you have the moral strength of character to say no, even though the price is cheap and you really want the item. This is exactly the same as the lottery.

Your further participation in that process was wrong. I am VERY glad you did not pay the scumbag agent, but nevertheless you still tried to take advantage of his fraud by carrying on the win that you knew you hadn't won fairly. It is agents that are ruining the chances for Ghanaians, but Ghanaians that take up this winning places (with or without cooperating with the agents) are complicit in the problem. That inevitably leads to lies told in the interview, fraudulent documents and so on. This atmosphere of lies built on top of lies is the reason that Ghana only manages a few hundred approved visas each year out of thousands of selectees and over a million entries. Liars often find their cases end in refusal, but inevitably there are incorrect refusals of honest people.

Thank you house

Thanks for sharing this experience. Though not a nurse (lol), I'm glad my opinion saved you that much. I wish you well.

Hello house, by the grace of God I had my interview today and all went well - it took less than 5mins. Thanks also to the great job being done here by BritSimon and the team. I will post my experience shortly, however, I am having some challenges registering on the www.ustraveldocs.com/gh website.

It keeps giving me Error message:
  • Your request cannot be processed at this time. Your site administrator has been alerted.
  • User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.
Any advice from those who have been able to do so please. Thanks

Hello house, by the grace of God I had my interview today and all went well - it took less than 5mins. Thanks also to the great job being done here by BritSimon and the team. I will post my experience shortly, however, I am having some challenges registering on the www.ustraveldocs.com/gh website.

• Your request cannot be processed at this time. Your site administrator has been alerted.
  • User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.
Congrats bro! It’s been a while since this page came alive with good news!

Have you bn able to do it?

Hello folks. My family and I just left the visa interview. We all got approved. We got the famous nice bearded CO. We’ve been asked to submit my medical report to DHL for the visa issuance later when the medical report is ready. Thanks all for the help.
In addition we’ve been given the ustraveldocs instructions on how to collect the visas when ready.

Ok, just did it. Apparently I am supposed to leave out the hyphen (-) in my surnames. So done now. Thanks folks!

Kojo, all the best! God be with you.
Took along our wedding album too though we’ve been married 10 years. They actually asked for it. So glad I took it. Only question was where we had travelled and for how long.

Congratulations! Do you know when the medical will be ready?
Hello folks. My family and I just left the visa interview. We all got approved. We got the famous nice bearded CO. We’ve been asked to submit my medical report to DHL for the visa issuance later when the medical report is ready. Thanks all for the help.