1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Lucid, May 3, 2017.

1. Obimpeh

Obimpeh New Member

Nana Kofi, may be you can tell me about how your police clearance cert was handed to you...:)

2. Obimpeh

Obimpeh New Member

Great, thanks.

I took the kids back for the TB confirmation Saturday morning instead of Friday, because they were writing exams on Friday. All clear too. Good feeling...;)

Kojo E likes this.
  3. Lucid

Lucid Active Member

Don't worry man, that's the norm. And you don't need to place it inside an envelope.

Kojo E likes this.
  4. Obimpeh

Obimpeh New Member

Thanks Lucid, I appreciate your response.

5. Pierre82

Pierre82 Well-Known Member

@Lucid You already landed in the US right?

6. Lucid

Lucid Active Member

Yes sir. About a year now.

Pierre82 and SusieQQQ like this.
  7. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

So I picked up our police clearance today. The panel physician however wants to run a sputum test on me since my x ray showed “abnormalities”. He said it could be a number of factors but they are bound to check. So we will attend the interview without my results. They will issue a note informing the embassy that the sputum culture will take 8 weeks. I’m keeping hope alive.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 9:38 AM
  8. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Oh, that's frustrating, but at least you have plenty of time before the fiscal year ends to get that sorted out. Good luck.

Kojo E likes this.
  9. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Many thanks @SusieQQQ. I know definitely that I don’t have tb so it must be something else. C’est la vie I guess. ;)

10. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

At least my wife the PA and the 3 kids have been cleared and will take their results to the interview.

Sm1smom likes this.
  11. SusieQQQ

That’s a comfort!

12. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Yup!

13. Obimpeh

Obimpeh New Member

The very thing you wanted to avoid, I remember...hmmm. It is well my brother. Nyame te ase!

Kojo E likes this.
  14. Pierre82

Pierre82 Well-Known Member

That's great to know and I'm very glad that you made it.

Lucid likes this.
  15. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Thanks bro. It’s a minor setback and so I’m not losing sleep over it. I’m actually glad they found the “abnormality” since I tend to ignore regular medical checkups because I’m rarely ill. I guess this 41 year old better start paying more attention to his body ;)

16. Lucid

Lucid Active Member

That was really unforseen. Anyway so in cases like this, what are the processing possibilities. Will the PA and derivatives with complete packets be processed first, pending remaining docs of remaining derivative(s)? Or will all applicants be put on ap?

17. SusieQQQ

PA can get as can eligible derivatives. All applicants are only on AP if it is the PA facing a problem.
    There have even been cases in the past where PA has received visa and derivative denied. I can’t remembef the details of why - may have been criminal record. But if PA is eligible, PA gets, regardless of issues with derivatives.

Lucid and Kojo E like this.
  18. Lucid

Lucid Active Member

Many thanks.

19. Nana Kofi

Nana Kofi Member

Bro, you lucky they even added an envelope. I received the raw cert together with payment receipt...lol